62 Miles (City) Per Tank . . . of Compressed Air

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Awesome technology, totally clean, and you can fill it up from your garage!

OneFlowAIR, MiniFlowAIR, CityFlowAIR, MultiFlowAIR, MDI Enterprises S.A. air compressed cars - sustainable and environmentally friendly cars.

The need of an extremely economic and ecological car is currently an evidence. More and more cars makers seek this type of vehicle. From these observations and with the advantages of its concept of industrialization, MDI initiated the study of a low cost, utility clean car.

The Industrial Concept and light construction technology of MDI allow to reach this challenge. This type of cars is intended to drive in overpopulated and particularly polluted cities.

It is the only vehicle on the market answering these characteristics:

• Two minutes refill
  • Mono-energy compressed-air in city, dual-energy on road
  • Zero Pollution with mono-energy, 30g of CO2 with dual-energy
  • 900Km road range with dual-energy, 100Km with mono-energy
  • Car body monoblock made in fiberglass and external chassis for safety
This "Mehari" of modern times will be produced in two models:
  • A basic version from € 3500
  • A more complete version from € 5300

space.jpg
The Compressed Air Engines
The fruit of more than ten years of researches, MDI’s mono-energy engines operate on a totally eco-friendly basis using compressed air stored at high pressure.
These engines are used on vehicles designed for urban use, backup generators or industrial tractors. They are particularly tailored for applications where the torque has an importance and when an averagely moderate power is needed.
Together with the zero pollution engines, some other versions having the same technical basis have also been created by MDI, they are known as the dual-energy engines. In the case of dual-energy engines, an energetic adjuvant (petrol, diesel, oil, alcohol or gas) is burned in an external continuous combustion chamber. These dual-energy engines have more range and the amount of toxic gases released is very low.

• Less than two Liters per hundred Kilometers (at 90 Km/h for MiniFlowAIR)
  • Zero NOx,
  • 3 to 4000 times less unburned HC compared to conventional engines.
  • 3 times less C02 emissions in comparison to classic engines.

These engines will be fitted on production generators. Regarding the vehicles that will be operated using these engines; there will be no pollution when used in towns as they would be operating on the ‘compressed air mode’ only.
On the motorway these engines provide a good range thanks to the combustion of the liquid or gas adjuvant.
Finally based on this new technology, MDI has imagined and developed a « thermodynamic theory » which will give rise to further improvement in the years to come, thus creating a real energetic revolution.
All MDI engines have an active chamber and are protected worldwide by patents.
They can be used for a wide range of applications, varying from 4 to 75 hp.
The engines will be used in the following:

• Urban transporters
  • MDI’s eco-friendly cars (OneFlowAIR, MiniFlowAIR and CityFlowAIR)
  • MDI’s urban transporters (MultiFlowAIR)
  • Production and backup generators
  • Tow tractors and fork-lifts
  • Agricultural tractors
  • Boat engine
  • Light aircraft engine

Interesting ideas. And a solar roof installation could power the generator for home refills.
A simple air compressor for $79 at Sears would be all you need. And running it for 2 minutes each day will use hardly any energy at all.

A car like this could truly revolutionize the daily commute to work, leaving your regular car in the driveway, saving it wear and tear, saving so much money per person for gas. I think the average person spends $2500 per year on gas. I would love to stick an extra $2500 per year into an investment account instead of my gas tank.

interesting

What's the psi on the air tanks? Cuz no air pump from Wal-mart is going to be able to push a car, so the psi has to be kinda high.

My concern is air canisters become twirling rockets when punctured and very high psi can kill you from a tiny leak.

sorry, it the info was in there and I missed it. Got bored and started skimming.

How far does the 7 seater van go?

Interesting ideas. And a solar roof installation could power the generator for home refills.
A simple air compressor for $79 at Sears would be all you need. And running it for 2 minutes each day will use hardly any energy at all.

A car like this could truly revolutionize the daily commute to work, leaving your regular car in the driveway, saving it wear and tear, saving so much money per person for gas. I think the average person spends $2500 per year on gas. I would love to stick an extra $2500 per year into an investment account instead of my gas tank.

Got a link to the specs proving that? The only usable engines I've seen need about 1000 psi, something a small air compressor cannot produce and even industrial compressors cannot produce in 2 minutes.

Got a link to the specs proving that? The only usable engines I've seen need about 1000 psi, something a small air compressor cannot produce and even industrial compressors cannot produce in 2 minutes.

we could swap air tanks at the air tank station.

Let me check google maps~~~~~

wth!

My 'puter is loling at me.

wth!

Heh!

Yeah, Tata has a design that one day will allow refueling at specific stations in 2-3 minutes but 220-380v compressors included with the car will take 3-4 hours to refill.

The Air Car - zero pollution and very low running costs

Now how much electricity is used running a 220v compressor for 3 hours? 10 bucks here. So $10 for 180 miles. That's a cost increase, not a decrease and it's not cleaner at all since all that electricity is still consumed.

wth!

Heh!

Yeah, Tata has a design that one day will allow refueling at specific stations in 2-3 minutes but 220-380v compressors included with the car will take 3-4 hours to refill.

The Air Car - zero pollution and very low running costs

Now how much electricity is used running a 220v compressor for 3 hours? 10 bucks here. So $10 for 180 miles. That's a cost increase, not a decrease and it's not cleaner at all since all that electricity is still consumed.

but, but, but

We have to get off oil :sob:

If you think the Pelosi is something wait 'til you see the Boner. Runs on alcoholic urine and reaches a top speed of 150mph in less than ten seconds. The only problem is it has no brakes because the manufacturer doesn't believe such added cost is necessary.

Sounds like a crazy scenario....nothing but compressed air tanks flying down the highways across America. No danger there. :cuckoo:

Has anyone considered drilling for oil?

Honestly it doesn't look anywhere as promising as the electric car, but who knows!

Pros:
(1) Very Inexpensive: In the clip below its says the hyprid (gas and compressed air) will cost $10K! Can't imagine how cheap the regular goes for
(2) Option of No Gas at all
(4) Even with the hyprid we can get off foreign oil
(5) Stationary Energy sources aren't need
(6) No pollution or emissions (if you believe the global warming hoax)
(7) Quick Refueling - 2 mins

Cons:
(1) Looks like shit (correction looks worse than shit)
(2) Doubt it has the bells and whistles we are used to. Probably has worse features than the Model T
(4) Slow as balls - 110 KM/hr or 68 mph
(5) It a death trap. Any accident would mean most people in the car die.
(6) Doubt it has an horse power to carry or pull anything. Get two fat Americans in there and it might not move
(7) Distance - what did it say 100 KM (60 miles). Not far, but that is the same knock with the electric car
(8) Limitations - No way this car could go on crowded US highways and would be limited in cities like New York and Chicago!
(9) Prone to Theft - Look at what its made off. People could steal this car with ease!

Last edited by a moderator:
300 miles per charge (would fulfill the vast majority of Americans commutes for a 5 day work week)
5 seater.
AMAZINGLY LOOK
All the bells and whistles we are accused to
0-60 in 5.6 sec!

Ford, Nissan, GM, Mitsubshi, Honda, Kia, BMW, Tesla, Toyota and Daimler are all pouring electric cars into the field come 2011. I predict by 2015, the 2nd generation of PERFECTED electric cars hits the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back