61% say taxes are fair

So you think only people who are above the poverty line should count?

Every person should count.. including counting how much they pay per dollar earned in the taxes they pay... which should be exactly like every other citizen of this country with exactly the same taken out of every dollar earned

Let the record show the right wing is lying about people being pissed about taxes.

The number has actually decreased

Actually, it depends upon you spin the numbers. The people who pay the bulk of the taxes are pissed about taxes. The people who don't, who represent the majority of Americans, aren't.

People who are getting, for instance, an EITC aren't pissed. They're getting money back that they didn't pay in the first place. I'd assume they are ecstatic. Someone else is subsidizing them.

People aren't pissed about taxes they don't pay. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Last edited:
Where in that study does it say they asked people who dont pay taxes?

It doesn't have to. Gallup is a well known, well respected polling firm. In other words they know what they are doing. They polled a REPRESENTATIVE sample of the American public to a low level of statistical error. That means they polled every demographic with a telephone. Since 50% of Americans pay little to no income tax, right about 50% of the people they polled, give or take, were in that group (what with the sample being representative and what not). Another 25%, give or take, were in Catz' group. These are people who pay income taxes, but once deductions and/or credits are tossed in their effective tax rate is low enough that most will not feel they paid too much. 11% considering the size and scope of our government is not all that bad. But let's say everyone was paying what the top earners were paying. What do you suppose the poll would say then? At 11% Catz isn't bitching. Crank that up to 35% and see what she says. Which is exactly what is reflected in the poll. The "people" are not complaining because the "people" don't pay a lot in taxes. Simple as that.

Last edited:

That is not the point. Polls are used for political purposes all the time and there are so many lies out there based on cherry-picking data it defies description.

The top ~10% of citizens pay ~70% of taxes. The rest either pay none and are net receivers of redistributed money and services cost, or pay as a group 16% of all taxes. No national poll can escape this demographic without targetting the correct group first. There is no evidence I am aware of that this was done.

That is not the point. Polls are used for political purposes all the time and there are so many lies out there based on cherry-picking data it defies description.

The top ~10% of citizens pay ~70% of taxes. The rest either pay none and are net receivers of redistributed money and services cost, or pay as a group 16% of all taxes. No national poll can escape this demographic without targetting the correct group first. There is no evidence I am aware of that this was done.

Right. This is an accurate poll, but the results could be misinterpreted or misused for political purposes. Just like TruthMatters is trying to do. You mean people who don't pay income taxes think the taxes are "fair"? No shit. I think the amount I pay to Austria is just about right, too.

Last edited:
Truth's difficulty grasping this subject, though, also explains the poll wherein 83% of Americans bitch about how much they are paying in taxes. Of those 83%, what percentage do you think are EVEN PAYING TAXES?

We have become a nation of retards. Truthmatters is just the tip of the iceberg.

They do not teach critical thinking in school. And that's a shame. The result is that if I shoot a bullet randomly there is an 80% likelihood I hit an idiot.

Americans Relatively OK About Their Tax Bill This Year

Nearly half (46%) of Americans say the amount of federal income taxes they have to pay is "too high," down compared to years past. A majority (61%) also say the amount of income tax they have to pay is fair.

More bullshit from you. Another useless poll. Did they poll you and your special ed class to come up with that number, or what?

Hate to defend her, but this poll is not useless. It's a Gallup poll.

I wish I didn't pay income taxes.

But hey, why are you bitching? Don't you make 9817917591759071957293579 a year selling magazines or something?

They do not teach critical thinking in school. And that's a shame. The result is that if I shoot a bullet randomly there is an 80% likelihood I hit an idiot.

An even greater percentage depending on where you're standing. Detroit, for instance? I bet it tops 90%, easy.

Forum List

Back