61% say taxes are fair

Just wait until this Democratic Congress raises taxes next year. :)

And, if you think they won't, you're stupider than I thought. Any economist and tax planner will tell you: spend this year, because taxes will be unfathomable over the next few.

Jeez I certainly hope they do. The Govt needs more revenues.

The government has plenty of revenues. You would reward them with more revenue for being irresponsible with the revenue they already get.

Some of you people need to get a clue.

Just wait until this Democratic Congress raises taxes next year. :)

And, if you think they won't, you're stupider than I thought. Any economist and tax planner will tell you: spend this year, because taxes will be unfathomable over the next few.

Jeez I certainly hope they do. The Govt needs more revenues.

You prove your absolute ignorance with every post. Raising taxes in a Depression or a recession is EXACTLY the wrong thing to do. It hurts any effort to RECOVER from those events. Explain again why we spent 2 trillion dollars and plan to spend trillions more to recover and you want them to undermine all that by raising taxes?

The poll is accurate and Gallup is not lying or making it up. They actually know what they are doing. The results are merely reflecting the fact most Americans do not pay much in the way of income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 4% of all income taxes. Of course they think what they pay is fair. They aren't paying anything!

Bullshit.

What was? The bottom 50% do pay 4%. And they are certainly not complaining about it. Therefore, the poll makes total sense. Dipshit.

The poll is accurate and Gallup is not lying or making it up. They actually know what they are doing. The results are merely reflecting the fact most Americans do not pay much in the way of income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 4% of all income taxes. Of course they think what they pay is fair. They aren't paying anything!

Bullshit.

Why is this bullshit, Gunny? I did my taxes last night, and based upon my gross income, I paid around 11% in taxes (this includes deductions for charitable contributions, my mortgage interest, property taxes, and 1 child). I don't really think that's atrociously unfair. And, I make around 65k a year. I don't see that as a hellish burden.

Stekim is making a valid point, which is that the vast majority of Americans DON'T pay a lot of taxes. The top 10% of earners pay about 80% of all the taxes paid in the U.S.

By the way, for those curious less than 1/3 of the citizens in British Controlled American revolted in 1774 and the number never rose much above that through the whole war.

Approximately 1/3 revolted, 1/3 stayed Nuetral and 1/3 opposed ( but did not necassarily take arms with the British) the revolution.

It would only take 5 or 6 million to revolt and probably win in this Country. Most citizens are sheep. They will do nothing no matter who is in charge.

Income Tax is completely legal and Constitutional. The people are not so much mad at the tax rates as the fact the Government is spending Trillions it does NOT have and plans to spend trillions more it does not have. Most are upset that illegal expenditures are occurring daily out of DC.

And by the way we ALL get a tax raise soon, cause the Bush tax cuts will not be extended. And contrary to Liberal lies EVERYONE got a tax cut under Bush.

Income Tax is completely legal and Constitutional. The people are not so much mad at the tax rates as the fact the Government is spending Trillions it does NOT have and plans to spend trillions more it does not have. Most are upset that illegal expenditures are occurring daily out of DC.

And by the way we ALL get a tax raise soon, cause the Bush tax cuts will not be extended. And contrary to Liberal lies EVERYONE got a tax cut under Bush.

Yeah, the problem is that one of the reasons we are spending trillions we don't have is that, in addition to increasing spending, Bush II also CUT revenues through his tax cuts. You can't spend more and bring in less, and end up with a balanced budget.

Bush was terrible on spending.

Obama isn't good, either.

They are both massive overspenders.

What is so hard to figure out about this?

He has to solve the fucking mess Bush left somehow.

NO sane person suggests cutting spending in a massive downturn like this.

It would KILL whats left of our economy.

I'm betting "sanity" is something you are not familiar with. I know in my house if I have more money going out than I have coming in the answer is NOT to spend more.. ropeadope

Let the record show the right wing is lying about people being pissed about taxes.

The number has actually decreased

Last edited:
We shouldn't be paying anything in income tax.

You're right, WE shouldn't. By WE, I mean American citizens, not just a certain group of such. I don't hate the rich because of some jealous anger. I think they deserve the same treatment as the rest of us.

Let the record show the right wing is lying about people be pissed about taxes.

When you interview a group of non-taxpaying citizens about how they feel about taxes, it's easy to get the results you want.

Asking an 18 year old kid what he thinks about taxes is about as effective as asking a 75 year old man's opinion on the latest Jay-Z album.

Even if their money comes at a much greater cost to our infrastructure?

Let the record show the right wing is lying about people be pissed about taxes.

When you interview a group of non-taxpaying citizens about how they feel about taxes, it's easy to get the results you want.

Asking an 18 year old kid what he thinks about taxes is about as effective as asking a 75 year old man's opinion on the latest Jay-Z album.

Where in that study does it say they asked people who dont pay taxes?

I'm betting "sanity" is something you are not familiar with. I know in my house if I have more money going out than I have coming in the answer is NOT to spend more.. ropeadope

How would you have ever purchased a house without credit?

They called people.

That means these people had phones and were in the phone book.

Those people who you seem to not wnat to hear from are Americans with the right to vote.

Did you forget that part?

Americans Relatively OK About Their Tax Bill This Year

Nearly half (46%) of Americans say the amount of federal income taxes they have to pay is "too high," down compared to years past. A majority (61%) also say the amount of income tax they have to pay is fair.

I would suggest another poll:

7% of Americans apparently have no clue about their tax bill...

You should also remember, that 1 in 3 Americans pay NO federal income tax - many of those in fact receive money back while paying nothing in. So yes, I imagine they are quite peachy with our current tax code...

They are Americans with the right to vote.

did you forget that?

When half of Americans can have benefits at the expense of others, thanks to the tax code, why wouldn't they be happy with the tax code?

It is the basis of power for the Democratic party... Robin Hood syndrome goes far..

Forum List

Back