61% say taxes are fair

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Just wait until this Democratic Congress raises taxes next year. :)

And, if you think they won't, you're stupider than I thought. Any economist and tax planner will tell you: spend this year, because taxes will be unfathomable over the next few.

Poll taken where? By who? And who did they talk to? Obviously, this can't be reflective of a legitimate population poll or the stock market wouldn't continue to spiral out of control. Consumer spending would be up. Major Corporations wouldn't be tanking.

Actually, if you look behind the numbers they make total sense. 50% of the population pays next to nothing. The next 25% have a small marginal tax rate. So getting to 61% is not hard. Hell, I would happy if I paid next to nothing, too.

Survey Methods

Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,027 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted April 6-9, 2009. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

Heh.

Poll taken where? By who? And who did they talk to? Obviously, this can't be reflective of a legitimate population poll or the stock market wouldn't continue to spiral out of control. Consumer spending would be up. Major Corporations wouldn't be tanking.

Hint: If truthdoesn'tmatter tells you the sky is blue, go outside and look before agreeing.:lol:

• Banned
Gallop

Now you will tout the paltry few who show up at these rallies and say they are more important than any poll.

BUT if a poll comes out you like the results of well then that will be a great poll huh?

The poll is accurate and Gallup is not lying or making it up. They actually know what they are doing. The results are merely reflecting the fact most Americans do not pay much in the way of income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 4% of all income taxes. Of course they think what they pay is fair. They aren't paying anything!

The poll is accurate and Gallup is not lying or making it up. They actually know what they are doing. The results are merely reflecting the fact most Americans do not pay much in the way of income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 4% of all income taxes. Of course they think what they pay is fair. They aren't paying anything!

We shouldn't be paying anything in income tax.

And don't forget that us poor/middle class people send a lot to the Federal Government in the way of gas taxes, sales taxes, etc.

To say we don't pay our fair share in taxes is wrong.

Americans Relatively OK About Their Tax Bill This Year

Nearly half (46%) of Americans say the amount of federal income taxes they have to pay is "too high," down compared to years past. A majority (61%) also say the amount of income tax they have to pay is fair.

More bullshit from you. Another useless poll. Did they poll you and your special ed class to come up with that number, or what?

She can say that cause 61% don't pay income tax so of course they voted "fair" DUmmies are just DUmb:lol::lol::lol:

Opinion noted. I don't think I should, either.

And don't forget that us poor/middle class people send a lot to the Federal Government in the way of gas taxes, sales taxes, etc.

When did I state otherwise?

When did I offer an opinion on that either way? It helps if you respond to what I actualy say instead of what you want me to say.

Actually, if you look behind the numbers they make total sense. 50% of the population pays next to nothing. The next 25% have a small marginal tax rate. So getting to 61% is not hard. Hell, I would happy if I paid next to nothing, too.

Exactly my view as well. No general population poll on income taxes right now can avoid this statistical aspect.

It would be interesting to see one on the topic of flat tax (all citizens) or value-added tax (all citizens). Given how polls are being used for political purposes so often, multiple polls would be needed.

Just wait until this Democratic Congress raises taxes next year. :)

And, if you think they won't, you're stupider than I thought. Any economist and tax planner will tell you: spend this year, because taxes will be unfathomable over the next few.

Jeez I certainly hope they do. The Govt needs more revenues.

Exactly my view as well. No general population poll on income taxes right now can avoid this statistical aspect.

It would be interesting to see one on the topic of flat tax (all citizens) or value-added tax (all citizens). Given how polls are being used for political purposes so often, multiple polls would be needed.

In one respect the poll was flawed. It was polling a cross section of all Americans when only a relative few Americans pay a high income tax rate.

Bullshit.

How much turnout will the Tea bag thing need to be considered a sucess?

Will it be a better representation of the tax paying publica?

Income Tax is totally legal and Constitutional. You may want to actually read the thing once in a while or have someone that can comprehend the big words tell you what it means.

Forum List

Back