61% of Americans favor collective bargaining rights

So, it took federal spending to create the middle class, eh? Wiorkers competing in the so-called "free" market had nothing to do with the emergence of the American middle class.

Doesn't this run contrary to Conservative thought? A government program reaping so many rewards while the efforts of private citizens working in the private sector merely rode the coattails of a government program! God! That's rich! A strectch to glorify a government program and a slam against private citizens!

Are you a real Conservative or a Sears Conservative?

Employment benefit in lieu of huge monetary compensation, and in a contract for that employment and service to country.... not quite the same as entitlement programs we oppose that are handed out at the expense of contributors to the benefit of those who do nothing to earn it

Nice try though

And while I support an employment benefit such as the GI Bill for my military brothers and sisters, if government or the voting populace decides to eliminate it, so be it... I just personally think you will get less motivated and intelligent persons in the military and national defense will suffer....
The argument remains the same. Where in the constitution does it mandate we extend benefits to members of the armed forces after they are no longer involved? We're spending money without any legal standing.

Well, I know the benefits of the G.I. Bill and I agree with the program. I also agree that American citizens who live in the greatest nation on the planet deserve to liv e a decent life. If those Americans cannot afford health care premuims charged by private insurers, they should have some safety net. No one wants our streets clogged with the poor and ill. American elderly shouldn't be forced to petition for an old age home anymore. They deserve the dignity of retirement in safety and relative comfort.

It's impossible to secure such benefits for the sick , the poor and the elderly from the largess of a corporation that just shipped 5,000 steel workers jobs to India.

It doesn't... you moron.... it's not MANDATED... it is simply employment compensation... and if you or your state or the fed or whatever wished to eliminate employment compensation benefits, so be it.... if you wish to eliminate retirement or disability pay for the military, knock your socks off... you are free to do so... approach it with your representatives.. I will not argue against your attempt to do so... though I will disagree with your want to do so... and I WHOLE HEARTEDLY DISAGREE that citizens should just be 'given' healthcare for merely existing as citizens... an employment benefit is one thing, saps sucking off the contributors to government whole doing nothing to earn it is a whole different thing... you ain't owed jack shit for your personal upkeep

Nobody DESERVES a damn 'decent life'... what everyone that is a citizen DESERVES is the freedom to succeed or fail all on their own in a free society

Fuck you and your nanny state

Poll: Americans favor union bargaining rights - USATODAY.com

MADISON, Wis. — Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Republican legislators in Wisconsin have proposed cutting union rights for most state government workers and making them pay more for benefits. Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa and other states with Republican governors are considering similar laws.
Brian Kilmeade, Fox, reported this by saying that 61% approve of Gov. Walker denying unions' collective bargaining.
Stupid or lying?

MADISON, Wis. — Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Republican legislators in Wisconsin have proposed cutting union rights for most state government workers and making them pay more for benefits. Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa and other states with Republican governors are considering similar laws.

The American people get it.

And the Republicans have stepped in shit.

Employment benefit in lieu of huge monetary compensation, and in a contract for that employment and service to country.... not quite the same as entitlement programs we oppose that are handed out at the expense of contributors to the benefit of those who do nothing to earn it

Nice try though

And while I support an employment benefit such as the GI Bill for my military brothers and sisters, if government or the voting populace decides to eliminate it, so be it... I just personally think you will get less motivated and intelligent persons in the military and national defense will suffer....
The argument remains the same. Where in the constitution does it mandate we extend benefits to members of the armed forces after they are no longer involved? We're spending money without any legal standing.

Well, I know the benefits of the G.I. Bill and I agree with the program. I also agree that American citizens who live in the greatest nation on the planet deserve to liv e a decent life. If those Americans cannot afford health care premuims charged by private insurers, they should have some safety net. No one wants our streets clogged with the poor and ill. American elderly shouldn't be forced to petition for an old age home anymore. They deserve the dignity of retirement in safety and relative comfort.

It's impossible to secure such benefits for the sick , the poor and the elderly from the largess of a corporation that just shipped 5,000 steel workers jobs to India.

It doesn't... you moron.... it's not MANDATED... it is simply employment compensation... and if you or your state or the fed or whatever wished to eliminate employment compensation benefits, so be it.... if you wish to eliminate retirement or disability pay for the military, knock your socks off... you are free to do so... approach it with your representatives.. I will not argue against your attempt to do so... though I will disagree with your want to do so... and I WHOLE HEARTEDLY DISAGREE that citizens should just be 'given' healthcare for merely existing as citizens... an employment benefit is one thing, saps sucking off the contributors to government whole doing nothing to earn it is a whole different thing... you ain't owed jack shit for your personal upkeep

Nobody DESERVES a damn 'decent life'... what everyone that is a citizen DESERVES is the freedom to succeed or fail all on their own in a free society

So let's get rid of the fire department and the police department and the highway department and the military, and just make it every man for himself.

Nice try though

The discussion was about the G.I. Bill of Rights. Mandated by law, not simply employment compensation. Poor reading and comprehension is not my fault, yet you called me a moron. Good luck.

Well, I suppose we should post the REST of the poll, since some only CHERRY pick what they want.

Almost two-thirds of those polled say their states face budget crises, but respondents oppose or are split on potential solutions, from tax hikes to spending cuts.

Key results:

— 71% oppose increasing sales, income or other taxes while 27% are in favor that approach.

— 53% oppose reducing pay or benefits for government workers while 44% are in favor.

— 48% opposed reducing or eliminating government programs while 47% were in favor of cuts.

"This underlines the difficulty of solving these problems," Jeffrey Jones of Gallup says. "It's hard to find a consensus on what to do."

Despite the opposition to tax hikes or spending cuts, those surveyed agreed overwhelmingly that their state was facing a budget crisis.

Sixty-four percent said their state was in financial crisis while only 5% said it wasn't. The rest were unsure.

The poll found people were divided on whether public employee unions were a good thing. A slight majority of 46% said unions were generally more harmful to states while 45% thought they were helpful.

Still, this mixed view did not extend to supporting changes in pay, benefits or bargaining rights.

Republicans supported limiting bargaining by a 54%-41% margin. However, only 18% of Democrats favored restrictions while 79% were opposed. Independents were against bargaining restrictions by a 31% to 62% margain.

Jones says that public support for unions has been strong for decades, although it has dropped in the last few years. Still, he says the poll shows Americans are reluctant to take away something that unions have already.

State-Run Media: Our Polls Show Americans Don’t Mind That Public Workers Make Twice As Much As They Do – They Love Government Unions
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 5:53 AM
Federal Workers Make Twice As Much As the Private Sector

USA Today reported this in August of last year:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/income/2010-08-10-1Afedpay10_ST_N.htm

At a time when workers’ pay and benefits have stagnated, federal employees’ average compensation has grown to more than double what private sector workers earn, a USA TODAY analysis finds.

Federal workers have been awarded bigger average pay and benefit increases than private employees for nine years in a row. The compensation gap between federal and private workers has doubled in the past decade.

The federal compensation advantage has grown from $30,415 in 2000 to $61,998 last year.

But, you like this. You want government and state workers to make twice as much as you.
At least, that’s what the state-run media is trying to sell you today.
USA Today reported:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-22-poll-public-unions-wisconsin_N.htm
Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

the rest with comments.
The Gateway Pundit | Where Hope Made a Comeback

Last edited:

The discussion was about the G.I. Bill of Rights. Mandated by law, not simply employment compensation. Poor reading and comprehension is not my fault, yet you called me a moron. Good luck.

No... he specifically went on CONSTITUTIONAL law or mandate... not normal legislation... he wanted to know where in the constitution

You ARE a moron

Hence... like I said.... if someone wants to propose to eliminate GI Bill or disability benefits for vets... knock yourselves out... I won't agree, but I support the ability to change legislation or eliminate it

Last edited:

Another winger link by the troll... mediamatters??!!?? :rolleyes: give me a break
Tell us what is untrue in what Media Matters reported.

Misrepresenting a mistake (which was corrected by FoxNews almost immediately) as a 'false claim'.. We know mediamatters is a whackjob hyper-partisan source with not even a smidgen of balance or impartiality

Oh oh....:eusa_whistle:

February 22, 2011

| Printable version | Email this story

Zogby Interactive: Majorities Say States Can Cut Employee Salaries & Void Collective Bargaining Agreements

UTICA, New York - Two-thirds of likely voters agree that state legislatures have the authority to cut state employee salaries and 52% agree they can void collective bargaining agreements to reduce spending.

Voiding collective bargaining agreements is also seen as preferable to continuing to pay state employees at current levels or layoffs of state workers in order to reduce spending and control deficits.

These results come from a Zogby Interactive poll conducted from Feb. 18-21, 2011.

Do you agree or disagree with State legislatures having the authority to cut state employee salaries in an effort to reduce spending?
Response
Zogby International

All Voters
Democrats
Republicans
Independents
All Voters
Agree
67%
44%
88%
71%

Disagree
31%
53%
9%
29%

Not Sure
3%
4%
4%
1%

Totals may not add up to 100% due to rounding

Well, I suppose we should post the REST of the poll, since some only CHERRY pick what they want.

Almost two-thirds of those polled say their states face budget crises, but respondents oppose or are split on potential solutions, from tax hikes to spending cuts.

Key results:

— 71% oppose increasing sales, income or other taxes while 27% are in favor that approach.

— 53% oppose reducing pay or benefits for government workers while 44% are in favor.

— 48% opposed reducing or eliminating government programs while 47% were in favor of cuts.

"This underlines the difficulty of solving these problems," Jeffrey Jones of Gallup says. "It's hard to find a consensus on what to do."

Despite the opposition to tax hikes or spending cuts, those surveyed agreed overwhelmingly that their state was facing a budget crisis.

Sixty-four percent said their state was in financial crisis while only 5% said it wasn't. The rest were unsure.

The poll found people were divided on whether public employee unions were a good thing. A slight majority of 46% said unions were generally more harmful to states while 45% thought they were helpful.

Still, this mixed view did not extend to supporting changes in pay, benefits or bargaining rights.

Republicans supported limiting bargaining by a 54%-41% margin. However, only 18% of Democrats favored restrictions while 79% were opposed. Independents were against bargaining restrictions by a 31% to 62% margain.

Jones says that public support for unions has been strong for decades, although it has dropped in the last few years. Still, he says the poll shows Americans are reluctant to take away something that unions have already.

this has nothing to do with the topic, you dumb fuck

humm REALLY, it's from the same poll...I'm sure there are things in there you didn't like, but tough shit

Here maybe this is more to your liking.:lol::lol:
Zogby Interactive: Majorities Say States Can Cut Employee Salaries & Void Collective Bargaining Agreements

UTICA, New York - Two-thirds of likely voters agree that state legislatures have the authority to cut state employee salaries and 52% agree they can void collective bargaining agreements to reduce spending.

Voiding collective bargaining agreements is also seen as preferable to continuing to pay state employees at current levels or layoffs of state workers in order to reduce spending and control deficits.

Zogby International

Last edited:

RW, as usual you missed the "Key Results"of the poll, really no surprise at all....

This reminds me of the employee who abuses the rules and then acts surprised when the rules are changed because of their actions, no accountability....

This really is a non issue, they are acting like selfish little brats, why are we allowing this crap to continue? 88.1% of the workforce pays a percentage for retirement and health care....

Key results:

And we wonder why we are in this situation?

Collective bargaining is not the issue at all, it is only a tool to continue the abuse, run the unions out of town, once and for all....

It is so funny to see these brainwashed right wingers trying to defend the plutocracy whose enemies are teachers, police, firefighters, and prison guards.

I think this is something that will wake up America to the fact that the Republican Party has been trying to destroy the middle class for years.

Their ideal is Dickensian England.

It is so funny to see these brainwashed right wingers trying to defend the plutocracy whose enemies are teachers, police, firefighters, and prison guards.

I think this is something that will wake up America to the fact that the Republican Party has been trying to destroy the middle class for years.

Anyone trying to eke out a living is their enemy

How dare a worker try to stand up for their rights when there is money to be made?

Last edited:

Anyone trying to eke out a living is their enemy

They are going to lose now though.

FoxLies and talk radio aren't going to save them on this one. Americans understand the fundamental unfairness of what is going on.

And Walker chatting up the faux Koch brother is priceless!

I love the fact that the Republicans have over reached and now are having to backtrack.

People are beginning to see that all they want to do is serve their corporate masters.

they will still retain the ability to bargain collectivity for wages.....thread fail:eusa_liar:

and if I were you I would read the questions on that poll....check ya later!:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back