61% of Americans favor collective bargaining rights

Why is it long gone.... quite frankly, LABOR LAWS... a legal system that is easier to bring cases to for discrimination, workman's comp, etc...

This is not dealing with Monopoly controlling JP Morgan or whatever other name you wish to bring from the past in business
So you believe that it's easier for an individual coal miner to sue over safety violations? Easier than a union of coal miners to do so?

I'm only using miners as an example, but the point is made. Individuals do not have the means to press law suits like a group. Erasing basic human rights like collective bargaining and the protections afforded by an organized group is just handing more power to employers. And employers do not have a sterling record of safeguarding workers rights. The courts are an expensive process that the employer can afford, but an indiviual cannot.

Can a group of individuals still file a class action law suit, if they CHOOSE to do so? Does an individual have the right to sue if another group does not or to pursue the quest him or herself??

Labor laws are there... lawyers are there... even ones that only charge only if they win... we have minimum wages, government safety standards, discrimination laws, wrongful termination laws, and the motherfucking list goes on

The time for unions is gone... unions are for the lazy, the power hungry, and the duped imbeciles....
Seems to me that the duped imbiclies believe that if they give away all their rights to collective bargaining and striking for better conditions, that tehy themselves will enjoy grerater prosperity. The management class has duped imbilciles into thinking that if they only give away all their rights, they can become rich themselves.

Only imbiclies who have no knowledge of history and who are more concerned with property rigfhts than human rights are convinced and thus duped. Pity. A little knowledge can save the middle class standard of living. The duped imbiclies will soon have Americans living like Chinese in order to make the companies prosper.

But while our standard of living erodes, along with our basic hum,an rights, who do you suppose will be the customers for those prosperous companies? Goose. golden eggs and all.

So you believe that it's easier for an individual coal miner to sue over safety violations? Easier than a union of coal miners to do so?

I'm only using miners as an example, but the point is made. Individuals do not have the means to press law suits like a group. Erasing basic human rights like collective bargaining and the protections afforded by an organized group is just handing more power to employers. And employers do not have a sterling record of safeguarding workers rights. The courts are an expensive process that the employer can afford, but an indiviual cannot.

Can a group of individuals still file a class action law suit, if they CHOOSE to do so? Does an individual have the right to sue if another group does not or to pursue the quest him or herself??

Labor laws are there... lawyers are there... even ones that only charge only if they win... we have minimum wages, government safety standards, discrimination laws, wrongful termination laws, and the motherfucking list goes on

The time for unions is gone... unions are for the lazy, the power hungry, and the duped imbeciles....
Seems to me that the duped imbiclies believe that if they give away all their rights to collective bargaining and striking for better conditions, that tehy themselves will enjoy grerater prosperity. The management class has duped imbilciles into thinking that if they only give away all their rights, they can become rich themselves.

Only imbiclies who have no knowledge of history and who are more concerned with property rigfhts than human rights are convinced and thus duped. Pity. A little knowledge can save the middle class standard of living. The duped imbiclies will soon have Americans living like Chinese in order to make the companies prosper.

But while our standard of living erodes, along with our basic hum,an rights, who do you suppose will be the customers for those prosperous companies? Goose. golden eggs and all.

You have all the rights as every other citizen... cover by the same laws of any other citizen... property rights are indeed individual rights... what can save the middle class is equal treatment by government, taking care of individual responsibilities, and stopping relying on everyone else instead of yourself..

You are not giving away rights by not having or not being in a union... you are only giving up another layer of corruption, protection of the lazy, and reaping the rewards or consequences of your individual actions or choices...

You have all the rights as every other citizen... cover by the same laws of any other citizen... property rights are indeed individual rights... what can save the middle class is equal treatment by government, taking care of individual responsibilities, and stopping relying on everyone else instead of yourself..

You are not giving away rights by not having or not being in a union... you are only giving up another layer of corruption, protection of the lazy, and reaping the rewards or consequences of your individual actions or choices...
The only reason there is a middle class is organized labor.

Does not take a great deal of mental capacity to see the difference between likely voters and a random bag of 400 people... also does not take a great deal of mental capacity to see weighing a strong agree or a strong disagree in to the mix can give results.... Rasmussen does not steer toward any right or conservative outcome

No, of course not. All the others are slanted. Part of the left wing conspiracy.

Idiot... do you have a problem with reading comprehension?? Or are you that mentally deficient to not realize that differing options to answer, and differing persons asked, can lead to differing results that are not in themselves inaccurate??

You are indeed a partisan sheep... your criteria is simple, anything that supports your agenda is inherently fair, and anything that does not support you agenda is inherently biased...

Hell... I am not one that accepts any popularity or partial poll as any concrete proof, and I fully understand that there can be a difference in approach that is not inherently injecting bias...

What? Why are you getting upset? I'm agreeing with you!

I'm part of the conspiracy, I would know!

In the combined average of 5.6, is there another poll in that average that is slanted opposite of rasmussen? or do the other 5 hover around 3-7? The standard deviation would give you a better idea of the spread of the values.

Your last statement is very contradictory, you are not a fan of polls in general, yet you consider the ones that you agree with legitamate, but the one you do not agree with "slanted"

The numbers are: +1, +7, +7, +8, +5. Then Rasmussen -11.

This is just a snapshot in time. Results are similar throughout the spectrum. I don't have to 'Consider' anything. It's obvious, and doesn't consume a great deal of mental capacity to see it.

Using the MOE the +7's and +8's are just as bad as the -11.

And nice ad hominem attack on me with the backhanded comment on mental capacity. So much for keeping this civil.

Ummmm... No. The total average including the -11 is +2.8. +8 deviates from this by 5.2. -11 deviates by 12.8. Not even close.

And by MOE I assume you mean margin of error, which is irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm all for collective bargaining but I am also for some things being nonnegotiable.

The only reason?
The most significant reason for there being a middle class was the G.I. Bill giving returning soldiers from WWII the opportunity to start business's, attend college, and get a mortgage.

The only reason?
The most significant reason for there being a middle class was the G.I. Bill giving returning soldiers from WWII the opportunity to start business's, attend college, and get a mortgage.
That supposes every worker was a veteran. Try thinking it over again. The G.I. Bill of Rights did not include a 40 hour work week. Nor paid vacation time. Nor a pension plan for non-G.I.s

These advancements were from the efforts of organized labor.

ah, now a poll matters.:lol:

They mattered to the Right when they claimed most people opposed the healthcare bill.

Then, of course they didn't matter when most people said they didn't want healthcare repealed.

I'd like to see the questionaire used in this poll

I'd also love to see the sampling they used.

The only reason?
That supposes every worker was a veteran. Try thinking it over again. The G.I. Bill of Rights did not include a 40 hour work week. Nor paid vacation time. Nor a pension plan for non-G.I.s

It is not a chicken and egg argument. The G.I. Bill was responsible for the modern middle class to emerge. Organized labor rode the coattails of the emergent middle class.

seems to me that the duped imbiclies believe that if they give away all their rights to collective bargaining and striking for better conditions, that tehy themselves will enjoy grerater prosperity. The management class has duped imbilciles into thinking that if they only give away all their rights, they can become rich themselves.

Only imbiclies who have no knowledge of history and who are more concerned with property rigfhts than human rights are convinced and thus duped. Pity. A little knowledge can save the middle class standard of living. The duped imbiclies will soon have americans living like chinese in order to make the companies prosper.

But while our standard of living erodes, along with our basic hum,an rights, who do you suppose will be the customers for those prosperous companies? Goose. Golden eggs and all.

you have all the rights as every other citizen... Cover by the same laws of any other citizen... Property rights are indeed individual rights... What can save the middle class is equal treatment by government, taking care of individual responsibilities, and stopping relying on everyone else instead of yourself..

You are not giving away rights by not having or not being in a union... You are only giving up another layer of corruption, protection of the lazy, and reaping the rewards or consequences of your individual actions or choices...
the only reason there is a middle class is organized labor.

bullprunes

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -73 reputation points from DiamondDave.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Idiotic response, when you\'re exposed

Regards,
DiamondDave

Note: This is an automated message.

Fail.

I don't know why I waste time with you, I've never in my existence on this board seen a post by you that deserved more than a passing glance and hearty eye-roll. You're just another jingoistic parrot in a sea of jingoistic parrots. You're like a needle in a stack of needles.

PS, your avy is beyond derp.

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -73 reputation points from DiamondDave.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Idiotic response, when you\'re exposed

Regards,
DiamondDave

Note: This is an automated message.

Fail.

I don't know why I waste time with you, I've never in my existence on this board seen a post by you that deserved more than a passing glance and hearty eye-roll. You're just another jingoistic parrot in a sea of jingoistic parrots. You're like a needle in a stack of needles.

PS, your avy is beyond derp.

Personally, I have found some of his posts interesting and spot on as it pertains to my personal sentiments.
I have also found some of your posts interesting and although I disagreed with your sentiments, I still read them with respect.

And I happen to thin his avy is humorous yet makes a strong point.

The only reason?

It is not a chicken and egg argument. The G.I. Bill was responsible for the modern middle class to emerge. Organized labor rode the coattails of the emergent middle class.
So, it took federal spending to create the middle class, eh? Wiorkers competing in the so-called "free" market had nothing to do with the emergence of the American middle class.

Doesn't this run contrary to Conservative thought? A government program reaping so many rewards while the efforts of private citizens working in the private sector merely rode the coattails of a government program! God! That's rich! A strectch to glorify a government program and a slam against private citizens!

Are you a real Conservative or a Sears Conservative?

Don't you mean organized crime???

I see former members of the Weather Underground using the White House and unions laundering money and calling it redistribution of wealth. I see community organizers fomenting unrest in the Middle East and in several states.

So, it took federal spending to create the middle class, eh? Wiorkers competing in the so-called "free" market had nothing to do with the emergence of the American middle class.

Doesn't this run contrary to Conservative thought? A government program reaping so many rewards while the efforts of private citizens working in the private sector merely rode the coattails of a government program! God! That's rich! A strectch to glorify a government program and a slam against private citizens!

Employment benefit in lieu of huge monetary compensation, and in a contract for that employment and service to country.... not quite the same as entitlement programs we oppose that are handed out at the expense of contributors to the benefit of those who do nothing to earn it

Nice try though

And while I support an employment benefit such as the GI Bill for my military brothers and sisters, if government or the voting populace decides to eliminate it, so be it... I just personally think you will get less motivated and intelligent persons in the military and national defense will suffer....

Employment benefit in lieu of huge monetary compensation, and in a contract for that employment and service to country.... not quite the same as entitlement programs we oppose that are handed out at the expense of contributors to the benefit of those who do nothing to earn it

Nice try though

And while I support an employment benefit such as the GI Bill for my military brothers and sisters, if government or the voting populace decides to eliminate it, so be it... I just personally think you will get less motivated and intelligent persons in the military and national defense will suffer....
The argument remains the same. Where in the constitution does it mandate we extend benefits to members of the armed forces after they are no longer involved? We're spending money without any legal standing.

Well, I know the benefits of the G.I. Bill and I agree with the program. I also agree that American citizens who live in the greatest nation on the planet deserve to liv e a decent life. If those Americans cannot afford health care premuims charged by private insurers, they should have some safety net. No one wants our streets clogged with the poor and ill. American elderly shouldn't be forced to petition for an old age home anymore. They deserve the dignity of retirement in safety and relative comfort.

It's impossible to secure such benefits for the sick , the poor and the elderly from the largess of a corporation that just shipped 5,000 steel workers jobs to India.

Forum List

Back