61% of Americans favor collective bargaining rights

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Poll: Americans favor union bargaining rights - USATODAY.com

MADISON, Wis. — Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Republican legislators in Wisconsin have proposed cutting union rights for most state government workers and making them pay more for benefits. Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa and other states with Republican governors are considering similar laws.

I thought healthcare shouldn't have passed because of what the polls said?

it's till hard for me to picture NORMA RAE as a tenured schoolteacher with a 90 thousand dollar salary and summers off.

Last edited:

MADISON, Wis. — Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Republican legislators in Wisconsin have proposed cutting union rights for most state government workers and making them pay more for benefits. Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa and other states with Republican governors are considering similar laws.

That truly is irrelevant.

What is relevant is the percentage of Wisconsinites who support or oppose it.

I guess they don't count when they go the other way. What Americans understand is that workers deserve the right to form groups to fight for their best interests. Any manager wants to be able to restrict the ability of his workers to negotiate. Right now, unions, or the threat of being able to form a union keeps management in check

Americans overwhelmingly support that right

Hey, we're not opposed to you all starting groups.

some people started the Micky Mouse group, and nobody wanted to stop them.

ah, now a poll matters.:lol:

They mattered to the Right when they claimed most people opposed the healthcare bill.

Then, of course they didn't matter when most people said they didn't want healthcare repealed.

Yeah well, I posted a poll a few days ago that showed 64% of people backed Walker, and you all poo pooed that one. so this week some new poll come out now all of a sudden it is the gospel word.:lol:

QUESTION: What do public employee unions and sheep have in common?

ANSWER: Both are ripe for shearing.

ANSWER: Both get attacked by wolves if they wander away from the group

I wonder how many would support a pink slip and hitting the unemployment lines over paying a little more for their healthcare and pension benefits?

I guess it's ture, Liberals can't think for themselves, they have to have some thug Union boss do the thinking for them.

No wonder they love BIG DADDY GOVERMENT.

You use polls like a drunk uses a lamppost - for support rather than illumination.

Forum List

Back