600 yd slowfire is kid stuff (video)

why only fools bother with 30 cal as shtf rifle.

Still butthurt that no one is just jumping up and down praising your gun knowledge?

All other things being equal, the .308 will reach farther and hit harder. The drawbacks are heavier recoil and heavier ammunition. I can pack plenty of ammo and the recoil doesn't bother me at all. You want a .223, knock yourself out. But this proclaiming one is perfect and all other are wastes is nonsense.

Still butthurt that no one is just jumping up and down praising your gun knowledge?

All other things being equal, the .308 will reach farther and hit harder. The drawbacks are heavier recoil and heavier ammunition. I can pack plenty of ammo and the recoil doesn't bother me at all. You want a .223, knock yourself out. But this proclaiming one is perfect and all other are wastes is nonsense.
Well, if I have a little girl with a .223 popping off at me at 600 meters, I want a fuckin' mortar.

Well, if I have a little girl with a .223 popping off at me at 600 meters, I want a fuckin' mortar.

And that little girl was doing it with open sights!!!!
I'll just thank my lucky stars she's from the south.

Right. An AR is more appropriate for 11 yr. old girls.
Any one 16 or older is better off with a good M1A.
What makes you think she was shooting 600 yd. or kicking anybody's butt? More imagination?

I am having a "here we go again" moment. In the hands of a shooter they are all ok, I suppose. For sniper elimination, nothing on the battlefield compares to the mighty eight inch gun. Game over, so to speak. In a pinch the 155 mm will suffice. The 175 mm was far too erratic. However, 175 mm loaded with zone one or zone two prop charges and a bunch of rocks and pebbles proved very effective when the tube was depressed and used against ground assault troops up on the DMZ. That is from an artillery guy from up around "The Rock Pile" on the DMZ. Viet Nam 1967/68. My unit simply supplied them with all the ammo they needed. It is a good place to work should you not mind 18 hour days, 24/7, 365 days a year. It is phfunnie how much ammo, medical supplies and C-Rats are needed during a war! Which is precisely why six soldiers, are needed for every Infantry Troop, God Bless Them!

Is it something I might have said or is it simply pure joy on your part? Thank you for responding:bye1:

My "hear we go again" was not in reference to you, hear we go again. The statement was formed from the fact that the 5.56 mm and 30 cal folks have been at odd's since the beginning of time. As for yourself, I had no idea you exist. I am new here, within the past 3 or 4 days, and learning my way around. I am familiar with munitions and explosives as that was my MOS after spending three years jumping out of perfectly good aircraft with the infantry and also at Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona. I decided to major in something different and went to Ordnance Ammunition and Explosives where I finished my career. Hence my initial comment. Having explained my position and reasoning, should you have any questions, please ask. I seem to be running into some of the touchy folks my greeters have mentioned. Now I have one question of my own, exactly what does "being watched" mean? At first blush I have my own idea but would love to hear from a seasoned "gold" subscribe, the sordid details. And in ending, the 8 inch gun is the best sniper elimination tool in service, and it costs less than risking another human being.

Forum List

Back