600+ Schools Closed Because of Swine Flu

It moves so fast, I'm not sure it will make any difference. That's what they told us, anyway.

They had to shut down a local hospital here a couple of weeks ago because they were full to capacity..they couldn't take in any more patients.

6 confirmed cases in my school as of yesterday. The stupid local paper printed 150 last Thursday and parents have been keeping their kids home. I believe if we have a certain percentage absent (20%/) we will have to close. Free vaccines are being offered on tomorrow. I guarantee only a handful of kids will have their permission slips signed.

I'm not too worried. But then again I don't know squat sometimes. :confused:

6 confirmed cases in my school as of yesterday. The stupid local paper printed 150 last Thursday and parents have been keeping their kids home. I believe if we have a certain percentage absent (20%/) we will have to close. Free vaccines are being offered on tomorrow. I guarantee only a handful of kids will have their permission slips signed.

I'm not too worried. But then again I don't know squat sometimes. :confused:

There is a bit of hysteria and more than a bit of taking advantage to get out of school.

That was to be expected.

Give it a few more weeks folks - this silly swine flu trip is almost done...

School kids aren't that stupid. Some hot water on your face, poke your finger down yer troat. Instant symptoms. SCHOOL'S OUT!

I once held the thermometer to a light bulb so my mom would think I was sick enough to stay home.

Folks, Sinatra has spoken!

FlaggMovieSheridan.jpg

There is a bit of hysteria and more than a bit of taking advantage to get out of school.

That was to be expected.

All those dead kids must be REALLY pulling that act well to keep up the Swine Flu Hysteria. Hell, a new one joined their ranks in the facade of course just recently in my state. 12 years old.

You sicken me, very much

They don't test them unless they go to the hospital, folks. So though there are only 9 or however CONFIRMED cases, that just means that out of an unknown number of cases, 9 were sick enough to go to the hospital.

That doesn't reassure me, let me tell you.

That was to be expected.

All those dead kids must be REALLY pulling that act well to keep up the Swine Flu Hysteria. Hell, a new one joined their ranks in the facade of course just recently in my state. 12 years old.

You sicken me, very much

They're not really dead.

They are being held in the same remote facility where the passengers from Flight 93 are being held.

They don't test them unless they go to the hospital, folks. So though there are only 9 or however CONFIRMED cases, that just means that out of an unknown number of cases, 9 were sick enough to go to the hospital.

That doesn't reassure me, let me tell you.

Exactly, doesn't reassure me when I'm around campus either. When you miss two or three classes, you fall so far behind that it's very difficult to catch up. So what happens? People come to class sick as a dog and you hear coughing and sneezing constantly.

FlaggMovieSheridan.jpg

Hey, at least I got to have sex with Laura San Giacomo!!!!!

quig5.jpg

Not trying to trample your thread here - just repeating my belief the swine flu has already just about run its course. A few more weeks and it will be all but over...

FlaggMovieSheridan.jpg

quig5.jpg

Not trying to trample your thread here - just repeating my belief the swine flu has already just about run its course. A few more weeks and it will be all but over...

At least you admit you're a lesbian! That's great, but you're still wrong about the other stuff.

FlaggMovieSheridan.jpg

quig5.jpg

So are you going to state that the number of confirmed H1N1 deaths in November will be less than October and December will be less than November?

That will be an easy bet to take. Pos rep from me if you are right. Neg rep if you are wrong.

That's pretty damn scary. No vaccine for me though ... I'll try to take impeccable care of my health instead. If I had a kid though ... I'd be scared shitless.

I just went to a hospital emergency room that the news had reported was over full of swine flu "victims" ... funny thing, they were no more crowded than normal this time of year.

Forum List

Back