600-lb Woman Dies...

For the morbidly obese and their families food is all tied up with love so much that they cannot tell the difference between hurting or helping. This is in no way the fault of the food industry. These addicts don't want a piece of high sugar high fat pie. They want the whole thing with two or three for later. A serving is an entire cake. Forget big macs. They want a dozen.

The fatsos are master manipulators. You don't love me. You want to see me suffer. I'm in pain. I'm starving. No one will help me.

Once the pity flows, so will the food.

My dad was my mom's enabler. He brought bags of candy, dozens of doughnuts. She got diabetes and lost a leg. No matter. He would buy three pizzas and have two slices. The rest went to her.

In the family of the obese, the family members will turn on anyone suggesting that continually feeding that pie hole is dangerous. My dad fought with me enough. I enjoyed seeing my mother cry. I wanted her to go hungry. The little hold out gives up and starts providing food or leaves knowing they no longer have a family themselves.

There are no easy answers.

I went through same with my family as well as extreme abuse, beaten, burned with cigs, locked in closet for days. Everyone is obese except me and that made me the freak, the outcast. Three out of my four sibs are dead, two were related to obesity, one in a motorcycle accident but he was also obese, hypertensive, diabetic.

I haven't seen my "baby" sister since the 80s but her Facebook photo is horrifying. She openly says she hasn't been in her own kitchen in many years and her husband has to help her the bathroom and bathe her. I just cringe and shudder when I think of that.

Most recent death, much younger sister - the last time I saw her, I watched her eat an entire key lime pie. Like you, I can't eat desserts or candy. It actually scares to think about.

Yes, it informs your entire life.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I locked myself in the closet. I had a hook and eye that I put in the closet so i l could lock it from the inside.

My favorite is cherry pie. I can have a piece, but if I see the whole pie I can't eat even the piece.

When my mother died she had lost both legs. The first amputation was due to gangrene. My folks did not believe in doctors. She was in a coma for 3 months. Of course she lost an enormous amount of weight. Her skin just hung on her. When she was able to get out of the hospital in a wheelchair she started shoveling in the food. My Dad supplied cakes, pies, doughnuts, candy candy. She put the fat on but her sagging skin remained over the newly acquired fat. She looked alien. When the remaining leg was taken also from gangrene it also took an apron of sag.

When she died I stopped eating completely. I ended up in the hospital. What saved me was weight training.

couldn't force herself to slow down the rate at which she stuffed her pie-hole... and dies as a result...

Tragedy Of The 600 Lb Single Mom With An Insatiable Appetite Who Ate Herself To Death | Radar Online

wow... gotta say, I'm left with a buncha questions...

first one being: exactly how much food did she put away per day to get herself in this condition...?

second one being: how many starving Haitians coulda been fed by the stuff this insatiable pig put away...?

third one being: why did her caregivers keep bringing her unlimited amounts of food to shovel down her gullet...? think about it... she couldn't get the food herself, 'cause she was so fuckin' morbidly obese and completely immobilized... so... if they were so concerned, why'd they keep feeding the pig...?

Well, its still kinda sad, hate to think of somebody going that way.

Then there's this guy.

upload_2017-4-2_0-12-0.png

You'd think with Millions of dollars at stake, the guy would take the weight seriously.

A junk food addiction is a lot more like a drug addiction than researchers previously thought. They now claim sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine.

Dr. Nicole Avena of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai tells The Huffington Post that pizza is the most addictive food by far due to the hidden sugar you'll find in just once slice. The tomato sauce on the pizza, for example, can have more sugar than a few Oreos.

Other extremely addictive foods are chips, cookies and ice cream.

Cucumbers are the least addictive food, followed by carrots and beans.

Dr. Avena found behaviors and attitudes toward some foods closely mirror addiction patterns. The most addictive foods are the ones which are high on the glycemic index.

"Several studies really do suggest that highly-palatable, highly-processed foods can produce behaviors and changes in the brain that one would use to diagnose an addiction, like drugs and alcohol," Avena says.

Cardiologist Dr. James O'Keefe says sugar contributes to cardiovascular disease, as well as liver disease, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, obesity and Alzheimer's disease.

"When we eat wheat flour and sugar in processed foods, spikes our sugar, then insulin. Those are the hormonal disturbances that make you store belly fat, and then you are hungry for more sweets and starchy junk food," O'Keefe told KCTV.

O'Keefe says it can take six weeks to kick a sugar addiction, and you can experience strong cravings almost like a drug withdrawal. But he says the long term benefits are worth it.

"Blood pressure comes down, diabetes goes away, obesity goes away, complexion clears up, mood clears up, sleep improves. It is really, really striking," O'Keefe told KCTV.

So what should you eat? O'Keefe recommends a "back to the basics" diet.

"Lots of vegetables, lots of fruits and nuts, berries and fish, chicken breast and water and sparkling water," O'Keefe said. "I'll tell you they are not happy. Had to get rid of cereal, Pop Tarts and crackers."

couldn't force herself to slow down the rate at which she stuffed her pie-hole... and dies as a result...

Tragedy Of The 600 Lb Single Mom With An Insatiable Appetite Who Ate Herself To Death | Radar Online

wow... gotta say, I'm left with a buncha questions...

first one being: exactly how much food did she put away per day to get herself in this condition...?

second one being: how many starving Haitians coulda been fed by the stuff this insatiable pig put away...?

third one being: why did her caregivers keep bringing her unlimited amounts of food to shovel down her gullet...? think about it... she couldn't get the food herself, 'cause she was so fuckin' morbidly obese and completely immobilized... so... if they were so concerned, why'd they keep feeding the pig...?
I knew a guy at work that weighed over 500 pounds. I had lost a lot of weight (over 100 pounds) and he was interested in how I did it. I told him I stopped eating all the junk food I used to eat, ate more veggies, cut out most of the sweets, and stopped eating at night and stopped drinking beer, plus I walked 5 miles a day at work and rode a bike on my days off. I asked him what he normally ate for supper and he said, 4 double meat cheeseburgers, 2 fries two pies and a coke. And that was just ONE meal.

A junk food addiction is a lot more like a drug addiction than researchers previously thought. They now claim sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine.

Dr. Nicole Avena of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai tells The Huffington Post that pizza is the most addictive food by far due to the hidden sugar you'll find in just once slice. The tomato sauce on the pizza, for example, can have more sugar than a few Oreos.

Dr. Avena found behaviors and attitudes toward some foods closely mirror addiction patterns. The most addictive foods are the ones which are high on the glycemic index.

"Several studies really do suggest that highly-palatable, highly-processed foods can produce behaviors and changes in the brain that one would use to diagnose an addiction, like drugs and alcohol," Avena says.

Cardiologist Dr. James O'Keefe says sugar contributes to cardiovascular disease, as well as liver disease, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, obesity and Alzheimer's disease.

"When we eat wheat flour and sugar in processed foods, spikes our sugar, then insulin. Those are the hormonal disturbances that make you store belly fat, and then you are hungry for more sweets and starchy junk food," O'Keefe told KCTV.

O'Keefe says it can take six weeks to kick a sugar addiction, and you can experience strong cravings almost like a drug withdrawal. But he says the long term benefits are worth it.

"Blood pressure comes down, diabetes goes away, obesity goes away, complexion clears up, mood clears up, sleep improves. It is really, really striking," O'Keefe told KCTV.

"Lots of vegetables, lots of fruits and nuts, berries and fish, chicken breast and water and sparkling water," O'Keefe said. "I'll tell you they are not happy. Had to get rid of cereal, Pop Tarts and crackers."
Nonsense. Food addicts may prefer sweets because they taste good but a food addict will eat anything. It's not the quality it's the quantity. There is something in them that can't or won't stop eating. A food addict will eat a pound of butter, alone.

I don't believe in sugar addiction. I believe in chocolate cravings. I don't know a woman that has never had a chocolate craving.

Nonsense. Food addicts may prefer sweets because they taste good but a food addict will eat anything. It's not the quality it's the quantity. There is something in them that can't or won't stop eating. A food addict will eat a pound of butter, alone.

I don't believe in sugar addiction. I believe in chocolate cravings. I don't know a woman that has never had a chocolate craving.
Science isn't something you get to 'believe' - it just is. This has been studied by endocrinologists and using MRI mapping of the brains of people 'on' sugar. It absolutely IS addictive - just like caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, opiates. It absolutely DOES cause a physical detox reaction in the body when quit - just like caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, opiates. And just like all of those substances, some people are more easily badly addicted than other people are, through biological processes not yet fully understood.

Sugar is fucking poison, and should be eaten only in VERY modest quantities.

This is a long video, but worth watching for those interested in the biochemical process by which sugar damages and ultimately destroys the body's organ systems. This endocrinologist also discusses how sugar is addictive and how like any other addictive substance, must be consumed by the addict in greater and greater quantities to get the desired 'high'.

Forum List

Back