60 Percent Of Americans Soon Will Live In States With Marriage Equality

One can only conclude that gays are gay by choice since there is no evidence to the contrary.

There's plenty of evidence to the contrary. First among them, the eye witness testimony of gays and lesbians who contradict your account of their sexual attractions. Now why would I ignore them and believe you on their sexual attraction?

There is no reason.

You know that it is psychological.

I know that you typed the claim. You've offered us nothing but your assurances on the sexual feelings of people you've never met to back your claim. And laughably, have ignored the very people you claim to speak for.

Which is more than a little silly. You citing yourself as people you don't know...is meaningless gibberish.

There as been genetic research on it, but it's nothing more than a theory no matter how certain scientists want to be which is there nature to try to seem legit to get funding and etc...

There has. And there's been numerous studies that have found a correlary between homosexuality and genetics. Here's a relevant quote from an abstract of one such study:

Although wide confidence intervals suggest cautious interpretation, the results are consistent with moderate, primarily genetic, familial effects, and moderate to large effects of the nonshared environment (social and biological) on same-sex sexual behavior.

Genetic and Environmental Effects on Same-sex Sexual Behavior A Population Study of Twins in Sweden - Springer

You insist there is no evidence. This study is evidence. And it contradicts you. The topic is certainly debatable. But to claim that its settled and in your favor is a rather stunning misrepresentation of the available evidence.

And I'm still waiting for you to establish any possible relevance between your claims and the legality of gay marriage.

I've seen that research, because I do look at science. It's nothing more than a theory.

Evidence isn't a conclusion to a hypothesis unlessless it's undisputable.

There has been no evidence that you have ever- EVER looked at any science.

LOL, what a Trollish comment. I have because I said I have and because I wa the first to mentioin genetics and then you linked the article shows I have. Thanks for playing have a nice day. :)

yes it wont EVER be passed in all 50 states. Keep dreaming.

Why not? If Utah and Wyoming are now performing gay marriages, why would another conservative state be somehow immune?

No, because they didn't vote for it and ok it on the federal level. It's state by state. gays in the GOP states are like I said really screwed.

And what do you mean by 'really screwed'? Having their right to marriage recognized, perhaps?

What else are we talking about here in this thread.

So you think "gays are screwed' because they can legally marry now?

Is this just some whacky "I hate marriage" meme?

They are screwed because they will never be able to do what men and women can do in every state. Or find a pastor that they want to do it for them because it's against their religion.

So far the Republican Congress is avoiding the issue like its campaign financing reform.

I don't know why you think that Congress will be involved.

The Supreme Court declined its opportunity to hear the challenge to the rulings in favor of marriage equality.

I wouldn't pin your hopes on them.

Then you gays really are screwed.

LOL....because 31 states same gender marriage is now legal? And the Supreme Court passed up its opportunity to rule against it?

Imagine how screwed we will be when same gender marriage is legal in all 50 states then?

My wife and my marriage will probably implode because of the ebils of gay marriage!

No, because they didn't vote for it and ok it on the federal level. It's state by state. gays in the GOP states are like I said really screwed.

Screwed?

Have you seen the map?

Gays in GOP states are getting married now.

Congress does not need to- and will not vote on it on a federal level- that ship sailed with DOMA.

Do you even know what is happening?

I am not saying that it is an absolute certainty that same gender marriage equality will reach all 50 states, but given the current trends....the trend is that it will.

Every Federal Court has found laws against same gender marriage unconstitutional. There is no legal controversy on this.

There is no indication that any court in the remaining 19 states will come to a different conclusion.

Then you gays really are screwed.

LOL....because 31 states same gender marriage is now legal? And the Supreme Court passed up its opportunity to rule against it?

Imagine how screwed we will be when same gender marriage is legal in all 50 states then?

My wife and my marriage will probably implode because of the ebils of gay marriage!

Screwed?

Have you seen the map?

Gays in GOP states are getting married now.

Congress does not need to- and will not vote on it on a federal level- that ship sailed with DOMA.

Do you even know what is happening?

I am not saying that it is an absolute certainty that same gender marriage equality will reach all 50 states, but given the current trends....the trend is that it will.

Every Federal Court has found laws against same gender marriage unconstitutional. There is no legal controversy on this.

There is no indication that any court in the remaining 19 states will come to a different conclusion.

Trend means nothing. It's beyond the trend.

And what do you mean by 'really screwed'? Having their right to marriage recognized, perhaps?

They are screwed because they will never be able to do what men and women can do in every state. Or find a pastor that they want to do it for them because it's against their religion.

11 years ago gays couldn't legally marry each other anywhere in the U.S.

Now they can legally be married in 31 states.

I would say that they are 62% less screwed than they were 11 years ago.

And how are they screwed by that?

They want equality in ever state and they wont get it. Also, FYI congress can pass a constitutional amendment for marriage to be between man and women and the courts have to uphold it including the supreme court. Then every one of those states would be forced to reverse their ruling. Just and FYI.

11 years ago gays couldn't legally marry each other anywhere in the U.S.

Now they can legally be married in 31 states.

I would say that they are 62% less screwed than they were 11 years ago.

Still screwed.

They want equality in ever state and they wont get it.

They're demanding equality under the law. And they have got it in 31 of 50 states. A private religious ceremony has no bearing on the validity of a marriage under the law. So has no relevance to equality under the law.

Meaning that gays and lesbians have every legal right and protection that straights have. How then are they 'screwed'?

Also, FYI congress can pass a constitutional amendment for marriage to be between man and women and the courts have to uphold it including the supreme court. Then every one of those states would be forced to reverse their ruling. Just and FYI.

FYI, no Congress can't. Congress and the State Legislatures could though. Or the State legislatures could on their own. But Congress alone can pass no amendment.

And with support for gay marriage currently outpacing opposition by 12 to 19 points, its ludicrously unlikely that 3/4ths of State legislatures would ever pass such an amendment.

Just FYI.

Another example of twisted and misrepresented logic we are supposed to swallow whole hog. The op says "60 percent of Americans will soon live in states with marriage equality" insinuating that this is what the majority of people wanted( and yes in a few states they did) but in the most populous and liberal state, California, they did not so the interpretation of marriage is being forced upon the majority of people from the top down, but the op would have us believe otherwise that this was a a gradual tidal wave of support for same sex marriage. Our children and our schools are being inundated by liberal only curriculums that brainwash the young into believing any opposition to the gay agenda is an act of evilness or an act of unsophistication from knuckle dragging rednecks.

I have hesitated to join the debate because they go nowhere and devolve to I'm right and you are wrong. I have not one issue with civil unions, inheritance, visitation at the hospital, even joint healthcare plans, the whole nine yards. I do not seek to keep anyone from being happy but a piece of paper does not insure happiness as the passage of a law does not the spirit quench.

The reason the tide is turning is because the traditional marriage people do not know how to articulate their case. If you believe that the creation of life is a miracle as well as the key to the survival of our species than the union of a man and a woman is on a pedestal above any other unions. Two men together cannot create life. Two women together cannot create life. They are not equal and therefore cannot be considered on par with the history of the social construct that has preserved our species for eons. This is not disrespecting same sex people in any way, this is a fact of life that all humans should revel in. The 14 th amendment isn't. About apples and oranges it's about apples and apples. The marriage of a man and a woman is separate and unequal to the union of of two men or two women. Laws that turn our biology and social norms into pretzels of pretense undermine our culture and our justice system, a goal of the radicals in govt today. Supporters of traditional marriage will not be shamed or cowed by the bigots of gaydom. You can love your neighbor without loving his lifestyle.

Another example of twisted and misrepresented logic we are supposed to swallow whole hog. The op says "60 percent of Americans will soon live in states with marriage equality" insinuating that this is what the majority of people wanted

Actually, no....that isn't insinuated at all. The OP is mostly about millennial who obviously don't make up the 'majority of the people'.

The reason the tide is turning is because the traditional marriage people do not know how to articulate their case. If you believe that the creation of life is a miracle as well as the key to the survival of our species than the union of a man and a woman is on a pedestal above any other unions.

Since no one is required to have children or be able to have children in order to get married, why then would the inability to meet a requirement that doesn't exist have any relevance to who can enter into marriage?

The issue isn't that the advocates of traditional marriage can't articulate their argument. Its that their argument doesn't work.

Another example of twisted and misrepresented logic we are supposed to swallow whole hog. The op says "60 percent of Americans will soon live in states with marriage equality" insinuating that this is what the majority of people wanted( and yes in a few states they did) but in the most populous and liberal state, California, they did not so the interpretation of marriage is being forced upon the majority of people from the top down, but the op would have us believe otherwise that this was a a gradual tidal wave of support for same sex marriage. Our children and our schools are being inundated by liberal only curriculums that brainwash the young into believing any opposition to the gay agenda is an act of evilness or an act of unsophistication from knuckle dragging rednecks.

I have hesitated to join the debate because they go nowhere and devolve to I'm right and you are wrong. I have not one issue with civil unions, inheritance, visitation at the hospital, even joint healthcare plans, the whole nine yards. I do not seek to keep anyone from being happy but a piece of paper does not insure happiness as the passage of a law does not the spirit quench.

The reason the tide is turning is because the traditional marriage people do not know how to articulate their case. If you believe that the creation of life is a miracle as well as the key to the survival of our species than the union of a man and a woman is on a pedestal above any other unions. Two men together cannot create life. Two women together cannot create life. They are not equal and therefore cannot be considered on par with the history of the social construct that has preserved our species for eons. This is not disrespecting same sex people in any way, this is a fact of life that all humans should revel in. The 14 th amendment isn't. About apples and oranges it's about apples and apples. The marriage of a man and a woman is separate and unequal to the union of of two men or two women. Laws that turn our biology and social norms into pretzels of pretense undermine our culture and our justice system, a goal of the radicals in govt today. Supporters of traditional marriage will not be shamed or cowed by the bigots of gaydom. You can love your neighbor without loving his lifestyle.

Guess what else a majority of Americans was against...but the SCOTUS ruled anyway.

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

Pssst, Loving was ruled on in 1967. WOW! Talk about unfuckingpopular.

Guess what else a majority of Americans was against...but the SCOTUS ruled anyway.

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

Pssst, Loving was ruled on in 1967. WOW! Talk about unfuckingpopular.
When Truman integrated the military it was VERY VERY unpopular too.

They want equality in ever state and they wont get it. Also, FYI congress can pass a constitutional amendment for marriage to be between man and women and the courts have to uphold it including the supreme court. Then every one of those states would be forced to reverse their ruling. Just and FYI.
Yeah....that can happen. :rofl:

1. Within the next few years they will be able to enter in to Civil Marriage in all 50 states.

2. There are religious institutions in all 50 states now that would marry them and the number is growing.

>>>>

1. Within the next few years they will be able to enter in to Civil Marriage in all 50 states.

2. There are religious institutions in all 50 states now that would marry them and the number is growing.

>>>>

Nope and irrelevant.

Federal Marriage Amendments were tried in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2013.

If they couldn't even get passed out of the Congress when anti-same-sex Civil Marriage was at it's height of support (let alone get passed by the required 38 States)...

What makes you think there will be support for removing Civil Marriage from same-sex couples after it been a reality for over a decade?

>>>>

>>>>

Nope and irrelevant.

1. Yep.

2. Very relevant to your statement that gays won't be able to find pastor's to perform Religious Marriages for them.

>>>>

Forum List

Back