60 most powerful photos ever taken

This one always gets to me.

eb7131023d9f3bd6ce6cd479587392a0.jpg

Yes, he said he waited for 20 minutes to see whether the vulture would fly away but it never did. He finally chased it away but he couldn't do anything for the child.

I love you SB but they didn't do anything for me I have pics of my cats that move me more. Got any others?

I went to high school right next to the WTC, and 9/11/2001 was the first full day of my senior year of high school (I know, I'm young).

One of my friends took a bunch of pictures that were published with the NY Times a few weeks after, as a special printing of my school newspaper.

Here are the pictures, they're amazing:

The Stuyvesant Spectator - 9/11 Edition

Those were powerful too. Amazing how the feelings you had that day will also stay with you forever.

You are young, I never knew that about you and you've been here a good while. :)

that photo of the vulture and the starving kid has been debated since it was published and won a Pulitzer price ...he commits suicide....at one point he claimed the child was waiting for his parents who were inside the aid station...we will never know

This one always gets to me.

eb7131023d9f3bd6ce6cd479587392a0.jpg

This is the man she mourned.

James John Regan | New York State Senate

318c381f890165929caf567bcc9bb4ff.jpg

Having already served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and one in Iraq during the war on terrorism, Sergeant Regan left for his fourth tour of duty and second in Iraq in January 2007, having been promoted to Sergeant. On February 9, 2007, while conducting combat operations in Northern Iraq, he made the ultimate sacrifice for his country when his vehicle was struck by an IED.

A testament to Sergeant Regan’s service was the awards and decorations he received including the Army Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge, Parachutist Badge and Ranger Tab and the Purple Heart. Perhaps what best summarized Sergeant Regan’s bravery in service was a statement by a fellow Army Ranger who said, “James Regan was the guy you wanted next to you at all times.”

This one really tore me up because its the birth of hate. None of us are born hating because of skin color. This little boy was born perfect but now, he's just another brainless hater. And, of course, the sad irony of the black cop having to protect those who would love to harm him.

2910-934x.jpg

From the same site - Children's bedrooms.
16 Children And Their Bedrooms From Across The World. This Truly Opened My Eyes...

One of the comments:
Joey in Kentucky - scary kid. Where are the books or any other interest? Just not healthy to be that obsessed with killing and his parents must be encouraging it. Else, they would not allow all those guns in the kid's bedroom. If he has friends, and he probably doesn't, those kids' parents need to know about little Joey''s sick obsession.

From the same site - Children's bedrooms.
16 Children And Their Bedrooms From Across The World. This Truly Opened My Eyes...

One of the comments:
Joey in Kentucky - scary kid. Where are the books or any other interest? Just not healthy to be that obsessed with killing and his parents must be encouraging it. Else, they would not allow all those guns in the kid's bedroom. If he has friends, and he probably doesn't, those kids' parents need to know about little Joey''s sick obsession.

Poor Joey from Kentucky,for such parents.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back