60 most powerful photos ever taken

This one should have been on the list:

filo_kent_state_pulitzer.jpg

This pretty much captures the human experience but there for a few minutes, I thought it was all going to be about death and devastation. There was a pretty good mix towards the end. They were incredibly powerful photos.

yes but i wonder if the classics were left out on purpose.....no pic of the woman with her nose gone....no vulture watching the starving child....the man standing in front of the tanks...i could go on and on....why 60 why not a 100?

yes but i wonder if the classics were left out on purpose.....no pic of the woman with her nose gone....no vulture watching the starving child....the man standing in front of the tanks...i could go on and on....why 60 why not a 100?

I see what you're saying. Those were all very powerful too.

The napalmed vietnamese child, also.

That's a powerful picture.

The napalmed vietnamese child, also.

That's a powerful picture.

There were an awful lot of photos descriptive of war torn countries. That's what I was talking about, while they were very emotional and descriptive of our times, maybe they focused too much on that.

another pov on what makes the top photos...i love photos..they are so moving and sometimes even a rank snap and shot person will capture something moving or startling...

there were no photos of 9/11....but that is perhaps me being 'american' oriented

I went to high school right next to the WTC, and 9/11/2001 was the first full day of my senior year of high school (I know, I'm young).

One of my friends took a bunch of pictures that were published with the NY Times a few weeks after, as a special printing of my school newspaper.

Here are the pictures, they're amazing:

The Stuyvesant Spectator - 9/11 Edition

another pov on what makes the top photos...i love photos..they are so moving and sometimes even a rank snap and shot person will capture something moving or startling...

there were no photos of 9/11....but that is perhaps me being 'american' oriented

They missed 911 completely. There was one of people in Canada at a 911 memorial but that was it.

there is so much in a world history and current events....that would break ones heart to see....the suffering....right now we have genocide going on daily and no one seems to care

I know, there was one photo some years ago of a vulture stalking a dying child in the sudan. It's haunting. I don't even want to look it up again, maybe you guys remember it.

Forum List

Back