60 Minutes: Unemployment at 17%

That's easy to explain. That's how liberals think.

They are NEVER at fault for anything.

If they can't deny they are at fault, then "it's everyone's fault/they all do it."

If it really can't be denied it's all their fault and no one else's then it's really "the people's fault."

Think Jimmy Carter and his malaise speech. After two/three years of his disasterous policies and Democrat majorities they couldn't blame Republicans for the mess the country was in. So Carter blamed us!

Yes he did. The country was in a "malaise." The most powerful man in the world was whining that the country just wasn't cooperating with this wonderful policies and it was their fault, they were failing. The most powerful man in the world, turned out to be the biggest baby as well.

Well, we now have another baby in the Whitehouse and the mantra is filtering down to the usual paid and unpaid talking point extras. "It's really the people's fault and eeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations" that Obama's policies aren't working. That's why there is all this unemployment.

Why the people just don't know how good they have it, the ingrates! :eusa_snooty:

That's the talking point coming from liberals.

It's all over the map, because they are all over the map.

The only map they aren't on is the map that's going to matter come November 2, and that's the map of where the country went with their votes!

November is coming liberals!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok. gotcha.. I believe it was the Chief economiuc advisor whose name escapes me during the first Bush admin( remember the recession 1989through 1991) that laid the blame on the backs of American consumers. He said words to the effect that we were to blame because we were hunkering down and saving our money rather then spending it.
Well, why would anyone with half a brain who knows that tommorrow could be his last day at his job go out and spend money on non-necessities?

I don't remember such a comment from the Bush 41 admin (not saying it didn't happen, just saying I don't remember).

I sure do remember Carter's Malaise speech.

Big difference though for an economic chief to say something like that to a reporter, and the President to say something like that in an address to the country. A VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.

That's what Carter did in his malaise speech. ;)

But you are right. WHY WOULD anyone spend or invest money right now when you don't know if you will have your job tomorrow.

Everyone is hunkering down, because they don't know what will happen next.
Pretty sure it was Bush's top eco-advisor.
I remeber Carter telling the American people thye needed to get used to "a lower standard of living".
This guy was on tv every week it seemed. The country was weak. Headed by a weak leader. Obama is a Carter reincarnate without a clue. At least Carter could operate a business. I wouldn't give Obama the remote to my tv.

marine battery terminals are smarter than that.

Unemployment for college educated is under 6%
If your going to pay people for 2 years unemployment is going to be high.
The stimulus was in very large part Reparations we owed.

Holy shit you’re a chubby racist moron. :eek:

6% UE for educated people but look at the jobs they are doing, probably something that does not involve their education at all while at the same time they have 50-100k worth of school debt while they work part time at Safeway.

It was a two party problem, caused by both Dem and Reps... However the thing in common was the Big Government spending with Wars, HC, bail outs and stimulus... both parties did this and both did it much of the same way.

And how does it change anything if you pay people for 2 years of UE, if they drop off no matter what the real numbers are still the same for UE. The best part is a few months back so many were claiming everything IS getting better and blah blah blah...

The numbers for Christmas time are coming, I predict liberals claim another super size save by Obama when out of nowhere people buy stuff and part timers are employed... Of course a lot less than years before but regardless Obama made it possible and it can only prove things are getting better! When many say it means nothing as the jobs and spending will go away just like last fucking year, just like with the census jobs and "stimulus created jobs" liberals will claim to be more educated and demand we all recognize Obama saved us... again, 6 months after his last "save America" action!

Last edited:

I don't owe anyone a God Damned thing!

Everyone I know with business, engineering, and law degrees are doing fine new grads and 55 yr olds.

Everyone I know with business, engineering, and law degrees are doing fine new grads and 55 yr olds.
You don't go out for dinner much , do you?
Tons of college grads are waiting tables and bartending because they cannot find work in their field of degree.
Some 300,000 people graduiate with BA's or BS's each year. Many cannot find work. At least in the salary range commensurate with a BS or BA. Most cannot find work in their chosen field.
If I were a business owner, my last move would be to hire an inexperienced kid of 22 or 23 yrs to a position the reuires years of expereince to get ot the salary level expected by the college grad. There are plenty of 30, 40 and 50 year olds out there hungry to work, have experience and need little training. The kids will just have to wait their turn.

Forum List

Back