6 million jobs gone since 2008 LINK

The unemployment rate for Americans with at least 4 years of college is 4.5%.

So are you stating that a person who does not have a college education, well what should we do with them?
I do not have one and I am working
Seriously what is your point?

Seriously,

forty years ago fifty years ago, whatever, we would have put millions of Americans - with no better than a HS education - to work, in pretty good to very good paying jobs,

in factories, mills, plants, etc., all based around the huge sector of American manufacturing as well as many areas in support of that sector.

Now, we can't. Yes there is manufacturing left, yes there are some good paying jobs there, but as a whole the sector is a mere shadow of itself. The era of ample good paying jobs for Americans of ordinary education is over.

Why did it happen? Because in the global free market, operating on the sacred principles (to some) of the free market, American workers were overpaid. Very simple. Mathematics.

The conservative dream is being fulfilled. The market is winning.

You want to stop seeing everything on your Walmart shelves made in China? Want to see it made in the USA?

You will have to get American workers to work for what Chinese workers work for. Factoring in, of course, various other costs like transportation.

That's our future, unless you have a better plan.

I guess this is what the DNC told you?
that what a corporation pays in tax has nothing to do with it?

And that we went from a 5% UE rate to a 10% UE rate because of 1 dollar towels being built in China? and that the housing bubble has nothing to do with it?
the restraints we have on shale oil/crude oil/nuclear power.fossil fuels etc... has nothing to do with UE rates?

2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,531 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

there it is in black and white
not sure where the other are getting there info

This is what a 800 billion dollar slush fund looks like

1/3 of the Stimulus Bill funded tax credits(slush funds)

2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,531 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

there it is in black and white
not sure where the other are getting there info

This is what a 800 billion dollar slush fund looks like

1/3 of the Stimulus Bill funded tax credits(slush funds)

and the rest of it was cash used to pay for teachers and other union jobs that would have been lost
that went away anyway
Based on the Recovery.gov data, more than two third of the 594,754.3 jobs “created or saved” with the stimulus funds were “created or saved” in the Department of Education (see chart). Basically, what the administration meant by shovel ready projects was funding for your next door teacher.
» Who Is The Stimulus Money Stimulating? Teachers - Big Government

The teachers have dues taken out of there paychecks from people who are getting paid with tax payers stimulus money
looks like about 500,000
Thats allot of money that will end up in the DNCs hands

And where did the jobs go and why.
once you figure that out then you can begin to figure out how to get some jobs back.
Many are gone for good though.

The unemployment rate for Americans with at least 4 years of college is 4.5%.

Really? Would you like to link your facts, or should we just take your word for it? :eusa_whistle:

chart-of-the-day-02072011.gif

Chart of the Day 02/07/2011 - Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment

ep_chart_001.JPG

Education pays ...

The administration can do a lot of fuzzy math with "jobs saved". A lot of smoke and mirrors IMO.

Not that hard to figure out.

That Wisconsin school district that everyone was blathering about because the union busting law supposedly allowed them to save some jobs?

One of the reasons THEY cited for the looming job losses in the first place...

...stimulus money was running out. Saved jobs no longer would be saved.

So are you stating that a person who does not have a college education, well what should we do with them?
I do not have one and I am working
Seriously what is your point?

Seriously,

forty years ago fifty years ago, whatever, we would have put millions of Americans - with no better than a HS education - to work, in pretty good to very good paying jobs,

in factories, mills, plants, etc., all based around the huge sector of American manufacturing as well as many areas in support of that sector.

Now, we can't. Yes there is manufacturing left, yes there are some good paying jobs there, but as a whole the sector is a mere shadow of itself. The era of ample good paying jobs for Americans of ordinary education is over.

Why did it happen? Because in the global free market, operating on the sacred principles (to some) of the free market, American workers were overpaid. Very simple. Mathematics.

You want to stop seeing everything on your Walmart shelves made in China? Want to see it made in the USA?

You will have to get American workers to work for what Chinese workers work for. Factoring in, of course, various other costs like transportation.

And that we went from a 5% UE rate to a 10% UE rate because of 1 dollar towels being built in China? and that the housing bubble has nothing to do with it?
the restraints we have on shale oil/crude oil/nuclear power.fossil fuels etc... has nothing to do with UE rates?

No, asshole, this is what I have known for 30 years. Wake up.

The administration can do a lot of fuzzy math with "jobs saved". A lot of smoke and mirrors IMO.

That Wisconsin school district that everyone was blathering about because the union busting law supposedly allowed them to save some jobs?

Not quite that simple, NY. When they state "jobs saved", they really don't have a clue. I'm glad you did bring up with your example of government jobs saved. :rolleyes:

Seriously,

No, asshole, this is what I have known for 30 years. Wake up.

ass hole?
Now thats original
Let me try this again

construction
building houses
no houses being built
no jobs
no sector to replace jobs lost

It is unclear to me your point
THE point is the working man and women in this country need opportunity

We could have other sectors opening up, expanding
I have moved 800 miles to find it and with no college degree I am making 75K a year plus

Stating that in tough times people with a college education have more jobs than those who do not is obvious and some what elitist

Just like a good liberal sees his or her self

False advertising. It's far, far higher. Remember this does NOT reflect the self employed.

I agree
It also doe not include those who have been out of work so long they have give up

Not quite that simple, NY. When they state "jobs saved", they really don't have a clue. I'm glad you did bring up with your example of government jobs saved. :rolleyes:

Your typical conservative de-valuation of teachers and education was part of my earlier point when I mentioned that educated people HAVE jobs.

Your typical conservative de-valuation of teachers and education was part of my earlier point when I mentioned that educated people HAVE jobs.

Your denial to the fact that they don't have a clue and would no way know about jobs saved is very telling about your own partisan hackery, NY.

Your denial to the fact that they don't have a clue and would no way know about jobs saved is very telling about your own partisan hackery, NY.

I presented you a simple factual example of actual stimulus money actually going to keep people working (the textbook definition of 'jobs saved') and you claim that the administration would have NO WAY of knowing about jobs saved.

What part of the difference between way and no way don't you understand?

They have a very obvious methodology for tracking jobs saved.

They have a very obvious methodology for tracking jobs saved.

Yes they do, 8537, it's called fuzzy math.

Forum List

Back