6 dead , 3 wounded - guns make you safer ?

This is hard for me, because most of the people I know are gun owners, although they are quiet about it. Hunting, or a shotgun in the closet for those nasty moments like a rabid raccoon in the yard or to wave around if a druggie tries stealing your truck out of the driveway. I don't worry a bit about them owning a gun. But the majority of them, except for hunting, have never shot at anything and therefore don't need a gun at all. I think it would be a better and safer country if people just accepted that guns are, in the vast majority of cases, "overkill." Pardon my pun.

Is it overkill when a person uses their gun to stop an intruder or attacker?

Police carry sidearms at all times while on duty for the twenty to thirty years of their career and most of them will tell you they've never had to pull it or fire at a suspect their entire career. Most of those who have will say they only had to do so two or three times. Most of them will also say they hope to never have to draw their weapon.
The same goes for civilian gun owners. I have a handgun myself and I hope like hell I never have to point it at someone and most legal and responsible gun owners will say the same.

The point is, a firearm may or may not be overkill sitting in the gun case but it most definitely is not overkill when you need it to protect your family.
I have a handgun myself and I hope like hell I never have to point it at someone
Yes, you have never needed it to protect your family. You swallowed the NRA "buy more guns" argument of why you should be afraid enough of life to need a gun. I hope you never have to point it at anyone either; most likely you won't.

So are you ready to give the government your gun if they ask for it?
What makes you think that the govt. is going to ask for people to turn their guns in? Did the gun/criminal/terrorist lobby and their Russian allies tell you this?NRA, Russia and Trump: How 'dark money' is poisoning American democracy
Anyone who believes that the government is going to ask for people to turn in their guns is incapable of intelligent thought.
Lol
The federal government/deep state is made up of heartless spineless cocksuckers. It’s all about control with the motherfuckers

Life is cheap in the US but to effect change you need to change the mindset of people who are essentially just scared.

Life is cheap in the US but to effect change you need to change the mindset of people who are essentially just scared.
As usual you don't know what you're talking about.
People who acquire guns legally are not the ones committing crimes with guns.

I don't know why it's so hard for you people to understand that the vast majority of gun crimes are committed by people who obtain forearms illegally so telling people who will never commit any crime let alone a gun crime that they can't have guns will have no effect on the crime rate

No...life is cheap to the democrat party.....where almost 95% of the violence takes place in areas they control. The rest of the country is even more peaceful than the most peaceful areas of Europe, that is when your governments aren't mass murdering millions of innocent men, women and children in death camps.

Forum List

Back