6 Bizarre Factors that Predict the Presidential Election

Dr.Traveler

Mathematician
Aug 31, 2009
6 Bizarre Factors that Predict Every Presidential Election

Despite what the pundits, talking heads and NPR tell you, the presidential election is still a crapshoot. You think you know what's going to happen, then BAM! The president of the United States takes a Xanax/Thanksgiving turkey cocktail before a debate. Wouldn't it be great if you could shut out that political noise and predict the outcome of every presidential election based on completely ridiculous and arbitrary factors?
Guess what? You totally can. Just go by ...
---------------------------------------------------------

1 on this list is BS (Cracked's Academy Awards criterion is very subjective), 2 haven't happened yet (Vigo County Indiana results, the last Redskins home game), but the remaining 3 all point to a victory for....

I'll let you read. Before anyone gets too upset or worked up, these are correlation, not causation, and rules like this are made to be broken.

so what do they say about this year?

To strollingbones: I say:

caruba110512.jpg

6 Bizarre Factors that Predict Every Presidential Election

Despite what the pundits, talking heads and NPR tell you, the presidential election is still a crapshoot. You think you know what's going to happen, then BAM! The president of the United States takes a Xanax/Thanksgiving turkey cocktail before a debate. Wouldn't it be great if you could shut out that political noise and predict the outcome of every presidential election based on completely ridiculous and arbitrary factors?
Guess what? You totally can. Just go by ...
---------------------------------------------------------

1 on this list is BS (Cracked's Academy Awards criterion is very subjective), 2 haven't happened yet (Vigo County Indiana results, the last Redskins home game), but the remaining 3 all point to a victory for....

I'll let you read. Before anyone gets too upset or worked up, these are correlation, not causation, and rules like this are made to be broken.

To Dr. Traveler: I like this one best of all:

Republicans Have Won Every November 6th Presidential Election Since 1860

Republicans Have Won Every November 6th Presidential Election Since 1860 - History - Fox Nation

nope redskins lost at home...that says romney.....now what?

The ones that had been available up to posting this said Obama, namely the Scholastic Reader poll, the Halloween mask totals, and the Olympics. The Redskins home game went Romney.

So what's left now is Vigo County Indiana, which happens on the day of the election. So that's not really that fun.

Thanks for bumping this. I was going to bump it today with the Redskins result.

and i like how when you are left to your own devices.....you come up with the wrong answer

Clear this up for me? What are you talking about?

If you meant that I didn't actually post the entire contents of the list, I thought people might have enjoyed reading it themselves. But for the curious, the 6 given are:

The last Redskins home game: Goes to Romney (this may only predict the popular vote, so that would work with what I've said elsewhere I'm expecting)

The Scholastic Readership Poll: Goes to Obama

Halloween Mask sales: Goes to Obama

The Olympic Games: Goes to Obama

Vigo County Indiana: Not yet known.

The Oscars: Goes to.... This was Cracked's subjective argument about movie endings. So I kinda call BS on this one.

and i like how when you are left to your own devices.....you come up with the wrong answer

Clear this up for me? What are you talking about?

If you meant that I didn't actually post the entire contents of the list, I thought people might have enjoyed reading it themselves. But for the curious, the 6 given are:

The last Redskins home game: Goes to Romney (this may only predict the popular vote, so that would work with what I've said elsewhere I'm expecting)

The Scholastic Readership Poll: Goes to Obama

Halloween Mask sales: Goes to Obama

The Olympic Games: Goes to Obama

Vigo County Indiana: Not yet known.

The Oscars: Goes to.... This was Cracked's subjective argument about movie endings. So I kinda call BS on this one.

i never mind lol sorry

Forum List

Back