$6.00 a gallon for gas in Florida

you would need OPEC to increase supply to have any kind of affect on world markets. how is this an Obama decision?

If we INCREASE out own production, we buy LESS FOREIGN OIL! It's a pretty simple concept!

PLUS we put Americans to work producing, refining and moving our own products.

Funny how you left this part out

"a position which puts him at odds with the president-elect. "

and this part

"Raising the federal gasoline tax, however, has been dismissed by Obama. "

Keep cherry picking though, from articles from before Obama was actually even in office. Sad really.
Obama doesn't have to raise the gasoline TAX. Just keep production down, kill thousands of jobs by not allowing the pipeline, keep buying from the Arabs...the price will continue to rise JUST LIKE THEY WANT IT T DO.

So you have no actual proof of intent. Just like I thought.
Your density is exceeding great!

Here's some more scary facts for you!

THINGS COST MORE THAN THEY USED TO!
Young people use CURSE words.

Gas has risen 80% since obama has taken office. Maybe he should think about lifting the ban on off shore drilling. Nope I guess he want it will go against his plans to destroy America.

Arctic drilling set to increase under Obama plan - Nov. 8, 2011

Which ban is that?

There are 474 more rigs targeting oil than last year. Rigs drilling for oil represent 63.8% percent of all drilling activity which is the highest percentage since 1998.

Rig Count: Rotary Rig Count and Workover Rig Count

Prior to the meltdown at the end of President Bushes final term the price for a gallon of gas was arround $3.50. During the meltdown prices dropped and as the economy started to move so did gas prices.

10/19/2008 3.4990
11/04/2008 2.2390
11/24/2008 1.8790

Today, prices again are at about $3.50

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.txt

That was 2008, if Obama supported what the Sec. of Energy was advocating, don't you think we would have seen some policy change by now and an increase on the gas tax to boost the cost to what he was advocating?

Has that happened?

My partisanship? I'm simply calling people out for making ridiculous claims like the president HATES half the country or that the president intends to raise gas prices to that of Europe. I'm simply calling out the over the top bullshit.

Yet, you try and defend it. Now who is being partisan?

You ignore basic logic here RDD...

HIS CHOICE FOR ENERGY SECRETARY SAID HE WANTED TO SEE PRICES HIT EUROPEAN LEVELS.

Now, if Obama did not agree with him, he would have dismissed the man.

Why?

Becuase energy pricing is one of his primary responsiobilities.

Basic freaking logic.....

As for policies changes....sometimes, lack of policy changes creates an increase in prices....and that is exactly what we are seeing.

Actions speak louder than words to me. Same reason why I don't like that Obama promised more with healthcare than he actually delivered.
Quite simply, you're.......

eusa_doh.gif

Today in Spain a US gallon of gas (3,72 ltr) is at $6.78 more than half of which is tax, how much tax is on US gas prices?

The average tax (Fed, state and local) on a gallon of gas is 48 cents. The oil companies profit on that same gallon of gas is 2 cents.
2 cents on a gallon of gas is a bit hard to believe.
can you provide a link about this?

i actually found your "evidence" and it from an exxon blog. a perfectly credible source.

According to this post on Exxon Mobil's Perspective Blog , "For every gallon of gasoline, diesel or finished products we manufactured and sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010, we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon. That’s not a typo. Two cents."
Update: ExxonMobil is now reporting that for its retail gasoline operations in the U.S., it made an average profit of 7 cents per gallon during the first quarter of 2011.

Daily Markets is an Exxon blog?

Gasoline Taxes Vs. Exxon Profit, Per Gallon

How do you know that?

you would need OPEC to increase supply to have any kind of affect on world markets. how is this an Obama decision?

If we INCREASE out own production, we buy LESS FOREIGN OIL! It's a pretty simple concept!

PLUS we put Americans to work producing, refining and moving our own products.
once again, the price of oil is still determined by the open market. the US does not have near enough of an oil reserve to affect global prices unilaterally.

Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations « CBS Tampa

TAMPA (CBS Tampa) — Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

What GOOD NEWS for democrats. If this doesn't put a lock on obama's keeping his job, everyone is just racist. Democrats will tell you how high prices are good for the ecoonomy.

I was going to call bullshit when I saw the thread title,but the link is there.....:lol: wow. I am out here in sucker land and regular is 4.20....but holy smokes. 5.89?

In case you missed it: "Will Russia Drill off Florida's Coast?" - a documentation at House dot gov that Russian nuclear attack submarines have been patrolling off the coast of Southern Florida since 2009 after Obama ordered AMERICAN drillers to quit drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

Who in the hell does he think he is?

He threw us into an international weakness cycle, and there is always somebody else who wants to be #1, and you have zero choice over who that is when you quit like a coward.

I'm so darn tired of this craven administration, I can't wait till November to vote Obama OUT!!!! :evil:

Jimmy Carter gave Panama to China.

Obama gave America's oil privileges in the gulf to Russia.

What will the Democrats think of next?

The average tax (Fed, state and local) on a gallon of gas is 48 cents. The oil companies profit on that same gallon of gas is 2 cents.

i actually found your "evidence" and it from an exxon blog. a perfectly credible source.

According to this post on Exxon Mobil's Perspective Blog , "For every gallon of gasoline, diesel or finished products we manufactured and sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010, we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon. That’s not a typo. Two cents."
Update: ExxonMobil is now reporting that for its retail gasoline operations in the U.S., it made an average profit of 7 cents per gallon during the first quarter of 2011.

How do you know that?

And here is a short bio on the author of the article. I see nothing that says he is affiliated with Exxon.
Why did you lie about that?

Mark Perry

Dr. Mark J. Perry is a professor of economics and finance in the School of Management at the Flint campus of the University of Michigan. Perry holds two graduate degrees in economics (M.A. and Ph.D.) from George Mason University in Washington, D.C. In addition, he holds an MBA degree in finance from the Curtis L. Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. Since 1997, Professor Perry has been a member of the Board of Scholars for the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, a nonpartisan research and public policy institute in Michigan

How do you know that?
read your own article. daily markets specifically cites the Exxon Blog as their evidence

Last edited:
Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations « CBS Tampa

TAMPA (CBS Tampa) — Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

What GOOD NEWS for democrats. If this doesn't put a lock on obama's keeping his job, everyone is just racist. Democrats will tell you how high prices are good for the ecoonomy.

I live in Tampa. I filled up my car yesterday. I paid $3.53 per gallon. Don't believe everything you read.

edit: the pumps they're talking about are in the tourist areas. Of course gas is that expensive there-everything is. Gas pumps around the state are not this high. The article even cites the average as being $3.67. What's the next piece of big news? Gas in NYC being higher than most other places? lol.

Last edited:

Gas has risen 80% since obama has taken office. Maybe he should think about lifting the ban on off shore drilling. Nope I guess he want it will go against his plans to destroy America.

Which ban is that?

There are 474 more rigs targeting oil than last year. Rigs drilling for oil represent 63.8% percent of all drilling activity which is the highest percentage since 1998.

Prior to the meltdown at the end of President Bushes final term the price for a gallon of gas was arround $3.50. During the meltdown prices dropped and as the economy started to move so did gas prices.

10/19/2008 3.4990
11/04/2008 2.2390
11/24/2008 1.8790

Those who are political hacks tend to forget recent events.
President Bush Lifts Offshore Drilling Ban, Crude Drops over $6.00 a Barrel

President Bush Lifts Offshore Drilling Ban, Crude Drops over $6.00 a Barrel | NowPublic News Coverage

Gas has risen 80% since obama has taken office. Maybe he should think about lifting the ban on off shore drilling.
Yeah....I'm sure Florida's tourism-industry is gonna jump-right-ON that!!

handjob.gif
I don't think they're going to give a shit when nobody comes to visit the state. It taks gas you fucking idiot to be a tourist.

How do you know that?
read your own article. daily markets specifically cites the Exxon Blog as their evidence

Thanks. Missed that.

Which ban is that?

10/19/2008 3.4990
11/04/2008 2.2390
11/24/2008 1.8790

you're falling for the oldest trick in the book, but I don't blame you becasue I did too its hard to keep track....go back to feb april 2009 and you'll read same....those 'leases' are options for exploration....when they are actually pulling crude and refining it from those leases, I will applaud, till then, its all woulda coulda maybe....

Oh yeah? And do you know the reason gas is so high out there in taxpayer land?

Because Barack Obama closed American drilling down in the Gulf and Cuba brought their Russian buddies in to take up the slack, just south of where it is now $6.00 a gallon.

DOH!!!!! :rolleyes:

Vote Republican in 2012 & turn that gas puppy around.

Actually there are a record number of deep water rigs in the gulf of Mexico drilling for oil right now. Look for even more records to fall in the near future too.

U.S. and Mexico sign pact on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico  - NY Daily News

During the meltdown prices dropped and as the economy started to move so did gas prices.

Fewer people are working today than when Obama took office. Fewer people going to work means lower gas demand. Prices should be falling. Government is the reason gas prices are now rising.

Gas has risen 80% since obama has taken office. Maybe he should think about lifting the ban on off shore drilling.
Yeah....I'm sure Florida's tourism-industry is gonna jump-right-ON that!!

handjob.gif

Looks like your man has another albatross.
Florida is gonna blame Obama for their (own) laziness, huh????​

"The House analysis says 16 oil fields were discovered in Florida before 1981, with seven of them plugged and abandoned. Nine of those abandoned wells are in Northwest Florida, most in the North Escambia area."

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

Last edited:

Forum List

Back