59 Points

You are probably one of those lefties that are stupid enough to believe that the economy was Bush's fault. No amount of common sense or facts are going to sway your alledged mind.

Fault and blame are easy to assign but require a bit more evidence than finger pointing. In the case of the GWB Administration however, the evidence is clear. They were asleep at the switch and the train derailed.

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and may others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.
The "evidence" is clear only to demented partisan cock suckers like you.
The evidence that Obama's policies have reversed any of that is actually clear: higher unemployment than when he took office, higher deficits, lower workforce participation, more food stamps, and higher, soon to be much higher, taxes.
How's that hope n change working for ya?

Are you an Warrior hooking up? Such focus on oral sex on the issue of politics and the economy seem to be rather strange rabbi, not that I ever considered you normal.

Was unemployment to magically disappear on the day President Obama took the oath of office? Deficits my demented friend are the product of spending AND revenue cuts and the ideologues on the right continue to demand more and more revenue cuts.

Revenue cuts play a much greater role in the debt increase than did spending. Of course it takes a bit of thought to see such a thing. Simply stated the money spent to build a bridge is used to pay the construction workers, the designers, the businesses which provide the raw material, pay the rent, buy food, make car payments, etc. of those employed in such a project and, don't forget, they will pay taxes to government on all levels with the money earned.

In the end a bridge is built and bridges are generally necessary to move goods and services around communities, regions and state lines.

That is the evidence which is clear, Rabbi, maybe if you get your head out of warrior's lap it might be clear to you too.

Fault and blame are easy to assign but require a bit more evidence than finger pointing. In the case of the GWB Administration however, the evidence is clear. They were asleep at the switch and the train derailed.

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and may others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.
The evidence that Obama's policies have reversed any of that is actually clear: higher unemployment than when he took office, higher deficits, lower workforce participation, more food stamps, and higher, soon to be much higher, taxes.

There is little that Obama could really have done that would have made things substantially better... But I will hold him to account for having made it worse than it needed to be. We could have taken steps to stabilize the economy, which Obama did not do... for that, I hold him responsible. However, this mess was never gonna be an easy one to solve. And it still won't be. The difference between Obama and Romney is that Romney knows that, and he's better on the economy than Obama could ever be. Obama just doesn't understand economics.

1. How did Obama makes things worse; what steps could he have taken to stabilize the economy, and what role did McConnell, et al, play to aid in stabilizing the economy?

2. Why do you believe Romney is any better than Obama on economic issues? Romney has an MBA, so did George W. Bush - that shouldn't give anyone confidence.

3. Romney says he's an expert on the economy, and is constantly reminding us so. What is in his 50-odd plan to fix the economy and if in fact he is so expert, why didn't he go to George W. Bush and prevent the economic collapse of 2008?

4. So far Romney appears to be long on ambition and short on ideas. A classic empty suit.

5. Obama doesn't understand economics? How would you know?

...Tax cuts for the rich and deregulation...
Congress makes both taxes and laws, not the President. Read more at The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net.
...Bush was not asleep at the wheel.... congress was. Your congress...
--and taxes'n' regulation is both what identifies the party and what really affects the economy:
unempcong.png

First we restore Republican leadership of congress, next we cut taxes and regulation, and then we'll get back to supporting our families.

Congress makes both taxes and laws, not the President. Read more at The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net.
--and taxes'n' regulation is both what identifies the party and what really affects the economy:
unempcong.png

First we restore Republican leadership of congress, next we cut taxes and regulation, and then we'll get back to supporting our families.

Someone is confusing causes and effects with too few data points to prove much beyond a hypothesis; when framed by a biased observer kinda violates the scientific method, don't ya think?

There is little that Obama could really have done that would have made things substantially better... But I will hold him to account for having made it worse than it needed to be. We could have taken steps to stabilize the economy, which Obama did not do... for that, I hold him responsible. However, this mess was never gonna be an easy one to solve. And it still won't be. The difference between Obama and Romney is that Romney knows that, and he's better on the economy than Obama could ever be. Obama just doesn't understand economics.

1. How did Obama makes things worse; what steps could he have taken to stabilize the economy, and what role did McConnell, et al, play to aid in stabilizing the economy?

2. Why do you believe Romney is any better than Obama on economic issues? Romney has an MBA, so did George W. Bush - that shouldn't give anyone confidence.

3. Romney says he's an expert on the economy, and is constantly reminding us so. What is in his 50-odd plan to fix the economy and if in fact he is so expert, why didn't he go to George W. Bush and prevent the economic collapse of 2008?

4. So far Romney appears to be long on ambition and short on ideas. A classic empty suit.

1. He made things worse by encouraging and signing the Stimulus bill, Obamacare, and Dodd-frank. Each one represented a massive increase in government and deficits.
2. Romney understands what businesses is and is comfortable with that. Obama has an innate hostility to business and profit.
3. Romney has no relationship with Bush and was not in any position of power. Bush had economic advisors.
4. Romney has many ideas. Unlike Obama who keeps introducing the same failed Keynesian economic ideas over and over hoping for a better result.
5. That Obama does not understand economics is evidenced by the poor performance of the economy under his presidency, the total failure of his policies, and the departure of every economic advisor he had in the first year.

Has anyone on this board actually read Mittt's 59 point economic manifesto? I have. It is all Bush warmed over. Maybe not even warmed up, after all the Romney people are the same people Bush had. Not even the wallpaper will be changed.

Tax cuts for the rich and deregulation. Sound familiar? It should, that's what got us here.

If the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time then the GOP is certifiable.

True. It would be a return to the failed policies that may not be responsible for the December 2007 recession, but would have no positive effect on healing the economy overall.

What 'got us here' was a series of seriously ill-conceived ideas by both the left and the right. However, because you are a dishonest hack who prefers 'blame' to solutions, you won't understand that.

Right. Now why don't you list those actions in order of magnitude and tell under which administration they occurred and what party was the principle author.

( or don't you understand?)

Because I already did that.... over a year ago. Guess what? No one wanted to touch the topic with a barge poll. Both left and right ran like fucking children caught throwing rocks at each other. Not one had the backbone to face their own part in our downfall. You voted for these people, you are responsible.You overspent, you are responsible. It's that simple.

Could we have a link? Sounds interesting

Right. Now why don't you list those actions in order of magnitude and tell under which administration they occurred and what party was the principle author.

( or don't you understand?)

Because I already did that.... over a year ago. Guess what? No one wanted to touch the topic with a barge poll. Both left and right ran like fucking children caught throwing rocks at each other. Not one had the backbone to face their own part in our downfall. You voted for these people, you are responsible.You overspent, you are responsible. It's that simple.

Not from me.... in fact, I think it may have been deleted because as is often the case on USMB... when the hacks can't cope with facts, they destroy the thread. SOP for both sides here. If it's still around, you're welcome to search for it... we have a 'search function' on this site you know.

Did the left forget who the president is? What kind of economic manifesto does Barry Hussein subscribe to? We haven't heard much about "alternate energy" this year. Maybe Barry and the boys decided to just say nothing and hope they would still get the support from the lock-step left. If it wasn't for the total support by the liberal media Barry and the boys would have been laughed out of Washington after Cash for Clunkers.

1. He used the stimulus for political gain instead of economic gain. Unlike most conservatives, I agreed - reluctantly - with the theory of a stimulus.. but the actual use of the stimulus was nonsensical.

2. I'll take an MBA over a Law Degree any day of the week.

3. Romney's run a business and a state. That is a damned sight more than Obama had done when he was elected.

4. Your political views make that comment unworthy of a response.

5. See 1.

Not from me.... in fact, I think it may have been deleted because as is often the case on USMB... when the hacks can't cope with facts, they destroy the thread. SOP for both sides here. If it's still around, you're welcome to search for it... we have a 'search function' on this site you know.

As usual, you fail to deliver when challenged

As usual, you fail to deliver when challenged

In that I don't spoon feed anyone.... you can call that a 'fail', I call it not spoon feeding morons. There is a search function... learn to use it. You are welcome to search for whatever you want to read. I am not here to pander to you or anyone else. You want it, you find it.

Interesting that suddenly it's a 'challenge'... I assume it was a genuine interest in the topic. I should have known better.

Last edited:
Democrats gained the majority in both houses of Congress half way into Bush's 2nd term. What was the first thing on their agenda? Global warming? The Economy? Nope. The first thing on the democrat to-do list was to attack Major League Baseball with McCarthy like hearings about Steroid use. After about six years and a couple of million in legal expenses they came up with an indictment of a single Baseball Player and he was found not guilty. Meanwhile Fannie Mae collapsed while the democrat House Banking chairman who had oversight responsibility told America that Fannie was doing fine.

Democrats gained the majority in both houses of Congress half way into Bush's 2nd term. What was the first thing on their agenda? Global warming? The Economy? Nope. The first thing on the democrat to-do list was to attack Major League Baseball with McCarthy like hearings about Steroid use. After about six years and a couple of million in legal expenses they came up with an indictment of a single Baseball Player and he was found not guilty. Meanwhile Fannie Mae collapsed while the democrat House Banking chairman who had oversight responsibility told America that Fannie was doing fine.

Anyone who wants to really understand what happened during the whole financial crisis needs to go much further back and study the global decisions (Clue: it wasn't just American decisions that led to this)... and study our own government's role... both sides... to truly get to grips with why this clusterfuck came along. Both sides carry huge blame. But, the hacks on both sides are more interested in the 'blame game' among each other than protecting the country from future clusterfucks.

unempcong.png

Someone is confusing causes and effects with too few data points to prove much beyond a hypothesis; when framed by a biased observer kinda violates the scientific method, don't ya think?
Absolutely. I had to laugh at how this whole thread begins with the idea that the President caused the tax cuts & regs behind the recession. It's only with actually seeing the constitutional connection with congress and reviewing data over more than 20 years can we confirm the actual cause and effect.

Might be interesting to do a regression analysis on the numbers but the strong correlation's already pretty obvious.

What 'got us here' was a series of seriously ill-conceived ideas by both the left and the right. However, because you are a dishonest hack who prefers 'blame' to solutions, you won't understand that.

Thanks Cal. You don't know how much I look forward to your amusing, if uniformed. posts.

Anyone who wants to really understand what happened during the whole financial crisis needs to go much further back and study the global decisions (Clue: it wasn't just American decisions that led to this)... and study our own government's role... both sides... to truly get to grips with why this clusterfuck came along. Both sides carry huge blame. But, the hacks on both sides are more interested in the 'blame game' among each other than protecting the country from future clusterfucks.

"Clusterfucks". You sure know how to turn a guy on.

Has anyone on this board actually read Mittt's 59 point economic manifesto? I have. It is all Bush warmed over. Maybe not even warmed up, after all the Romney people are the same people Bush had. Not even the wallpaper will be changed.

Tax cuts for the rich and deregulation. Sound familiar? It should, that's what got us here.

If the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time then the GOP is certifiable.

You are probably one of those lefties that are stupid enough to believe that the economy was Bush's fault. No amount of common sense or facts are going to sway your alledged mind.

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and many others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.

But she said she already did that......years ago and by golly if you didn't see it it is just your tough luck!

She has taken her marbles and gone home. Well sorta, she still like to yell over her shoulder.

Forum List

Back