59 Points

onecut39

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2008
Has anyone on this board actually read Mittt's 59 point economic manifesto? I have. It is all Bush warmed over. Maybe not even warmed up, after all the Romney people are the same people Bush had. Not even the wallpaper will be changed.

Tax cuts for the rich and deregulation. Sound familiar? It should, that's what got us here.

If the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time then the GOP is certifiable.

What 'got us here' was a series of seriously ill-conceived ideas by both the left and the right. However, because you are a dishonest hack who prefers 'blame' to solutions, you won't understand that.

What 'got us here' was a series of seriously ill-conceived ideas by both the left and the right. However, because you are a dishonest hack who prefers 'blame' to solutions, you won't understand that.

Right. Now why don't you list those actions in order of magnitude and tell under which administration they occurred and what party was the principle author.

( or don't you understand?)

Right. Now why don't you list those actions in order of magnitude and tell under which administration they occurred and what party was the principle author.

Because I already did that.... over a year ago. Guess what? No one wanted to touch the topic with a barge poll. Both left and right ran like fucking children caught throwing rocks at each other. Not one had the backbone to face their own part in our downfall. You voted for these people, you are responsible.You overspent, you are responsible. It's that simple.

Because I already did that.... over a year ago. Guess what? No one wanted to touch the topic with a barge poll. Both left and right ran like fucking children caught throwing rocks at each other. Not one had the backbone to face their own part in our downfall. You voted for these people, you are responsible.You overspent, you are responsible. It's that simple.

Nice cop out.

Nice cop out.

Nice cop out. I had already done what you demanded I do. I told you that... on what planet is that a 'cop out' other than your own. The fact remains, quite some time ago I did exactly that... outlined exactly what steps led us here - under which Administration, which congress, whether it was 'bi-partisan' or not... guess what? Both fucking parties came out looking pretty fucking bad... That does not suit you. Un-fucking-lucky.

Has anyone on this board actually read Mittt's 59 point economic manifesto? I have. It is all Bush warmed over. Maybe not even warmed up, after all the Romney people are the same people Bush had. Not even the wallpaper will be changed.

Tax cuts for the rich and deregulation. Sound familiar? It should, that's what got us here.

If the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time then the GOP is certifiable.

You are probably one of those lefties that are stupid enough to believe that the economy was Bush's fault. No amount of common sense or facts are going to sway your alledged mind.

You are probably one of those lefties that are stupid enough to believe that the economy was Bush's fault. No amount of common sense or facts are going to sway your alledged mind.

By his/her replies to me, I would tend to agree with you. Anyone who looks logically at the history of the decisions that led us here would be embarrassed to have voted for either party.

OP is right. Romney is Obama II and Bush III with Ronald Reagan hair.

I blame that on the fact that America is a highly sexual country: We love to get f*cked.

Last edited:

I didn't really need to. Been following his speeches. Nothing Romney has said differs in the slightest from the agenda the Bush administration followed. Well maybe the destruction of Medicare..

In any case..he's hired Bush administration alumni as advisors.

Understand in CG's mind she is above anything partisan or fringe. If she were Queen she would have only one command, "Off with their heads"; curmudgeons make poor leaders.

Understand in CG's mind she is above anything partisan or fringe. If she were Queen she would have only one command, "Off with their heads"; curmudgeons make poor leaders.

Interesting that someone as dimwitted as you thinks you have even a vague understanding of my thoughts. If I were Queen, I would resign the crown and create a Republic.... so, no, there would be no 'off with anyone's head'. That you would make such a comment just confirms how stupid you are.

The facts do not support the misconception that this current economic clusterfuck is Bush's fault. That the left constantly pretend that it is confirms that they don't give a shit about the truth, they care only about partisan bullshit.

OP is right. Romney is Obama II and Bush III with Ronald Reagan hair.

I blame that on the fact that America is a highly sexual country: We love to get f*cked.

There are some pretty major differences between Bush and Obama. Most strikingly in foreign policy.

But in terms of domestic policy?

-Obama isn't trying to turn SSI into a government 401k plan.
-Obama tightened up border security and deported many more illegals then Bush.
-Obama strengthened the rights of Labor..most notably with the Lilly Ledbetter law.
-Obama's middle class and small business tax cuts were actually stimulative as opposed to the one time Bush cut, which was a show.
-Obama actually passed comprehensive health care reform.
-Obama's financial industry regulations have some teeth (albeit small and blunted). The Consumer Protection Board and Frank/Dodd were pretty comprehensive. While Sarbanes/Oxley and Mark to Market were pretty expansive..they had no teeth at all.

Interesting that someone as dimwitted as you thinks you have even a vague understanding of my thoughts. If I were Queen, I would resign the crown and create a Republic.... so, no, there would be no 'off with anyone's head'. That you would make such a comment just confirms how stupid you are.

The facts do not support the misconception that this current economic clusterfuck is Bush's fault. That the left constantly pretend that it is confirms that they don't give a shit about the truth, they care only about partisan bullshit.

:lol:

I have to bookmark this..

Interesting that a thread about our current econonic woes becomes yet another mindless rant about Bush. Just goes to show the intellectual level of many posters. We're not here because of Bush... we're here because people like those ranting keep voting party over country.

:lol:

I have to bookmark this..

Why? It's not the first time I've said it... because it's true. But, your hatred of Bush blinds you to the absolutely fucking outrageous politically motivated decisions from both sides of our system.... You prefer easy answers to honest ones.

Fault and blame are easy to assign but require a bit more evidence than finger pointing. In the case of the GWB Administration however, the evidence is clear. They were asleep at the switch and the train derailed.

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and many others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.

Fault and blame are easy to assign but require a bit more evidence than finger pointing. In the case of the GWB Administration however, the evidence is clear. They were asleep at the switch and the train derailed.

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and may others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.
The "evidence" is clear only to demented partisan cock suckers like you.
The evidence that Obama's policies have reversed any of that is actually clear: higher unemployment than when he took office, higher deficits, lower workforce participation, more food stamps, and higher, soon to be much higher, taxes.
How's that hope n change working for ya?

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and many others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.

Bush was not asleep at the wheel.... congress was. Your congress. But, in order to really understand this current crisis - assuming one does want to honestly understand it... one must go back past the Bush Administration and understand a whole set of economic decisions - by both the left and the right - that led us here. The problem - in my view (given that I spend a lot of my life writing about this shit) - is that many Americans prefer 'blame' to understanding the issues and taking steps to safeguard our country in future. That you lack the integrity to look honestly at why this happened does not surprise me in the least. It requires looking at your own party and holding them to account. Clearly, that's too hard for you.

But rather than point out the evidence, let us hear from you on the "common sense or facts" which you apparently have to dissuade me, and may others, from our opinion that Bush is at fault for the economic mess inherited by President Obama.

The floor is yours.
The "evidence" is clear only to demented partisan cock suckers like you.
The evidence that Obama's policies have reversed any of that is actually clear: higher unemployment than when he took office, higher deficits, lower workforce participation, more food stamps, and higher, soon to be much higher, taxes.
How's that hope n change working for ya?

There is little that Obama could really have done that would have made things substantially better... But I will hold him to account for having made it worse than it needed to be. We could have taken steps to stabilize the economy, which Obama did not do... for that, I hold him responsible. However, this mess was never gonna be an easy one to solve. And it still won't be. The difference between Obama and Romney is that Romney knows that, and he's better on the economy than Obama could ever be. Obama just doesn't understand economics.

Forum List

Back