58% Favor Waterboarding of Plane Terrorist To Get Information

concept

Evil Mongering
Jun 19, 2009
West Mi
58% Favor Waterboarding of Plane Terrorist To Get Information - Rasmussen Reports™
Fifty-eight percent (58%) of U.S. voters say waterboarding and other aggressive interrogation techniques should be used to gain information from the terrorist who attempted to bomb an airliner on Christmas Day.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 30% oppose the use of such techniques, and another 12% are not sure.

:eusa_whistle:
Seventy-one percent (71%) of all voters think the attempt by the Nigerian Muslim to blow up the airliner as it landed in Detroit should be investigated by military authorities as a terrorist act. Only 22% say it should be handled by civilian authorities as a criminal act, as is currently the case.

Interesting. Libs would have us believe that these sort of enhanced interrogation techniques are nothing but torture. Looks like you moonbats, Obama included, don't have your finger on the pulse of the average American.

I personally don't see anytihng wrong with enhanced interrogation like waterboarding and wouldn't have any problems with it used on lunatics like this latest guy. We were extremely lucky this time.

58% Favor Waterboarding of Plane Terrorist To Get Information - Rasmussen Reports™
Fifty-eight percent (58%) of U.S. voters say waterboarding and other aggressive interrogation techniques should be used to gain information from the terrorist who attempted to bomb an airliner on Christmas Day.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 30% oppose the use of such techniques, and another 12% are not sure.

Seventy-one percent (71%) of all voters think the attempt by the Nigerian Muslim to blow up the airliner as it landed in Detroit should be investigated by military authorities as a terrorist act. Only 22% say it should be handled by civilian authorities as a criminal act, as is currently the case.

Interesting. Libs would have us believe that these sort of enhanced interrogation techniques are nothing but torture. Looks like you moonbats, Obama included, don't have your finger on the pulse of the average American.

I personally don't see anytihng wrong with enhanced interrogation like waterboarding and wouldn't have any problems with it used on lunatics like this latest guy. We were extremely lucky this time.

How does Rasmussen conduct it's surveys?

Unless it's changed, and I suspect it's not, they take their pol by telephone contacting likely voters.

"By Telephone" means a "land line". I don't even have a phone. I use "Skype". My sister, niece, friends all have cell phones. My landlord has a land line and he has been contacted by Rasmussen, of course, he is 76 years old.

Connect the dots. What am I suggesting?

Why stop at enhanced interrogation?

We should show terrorists that we don't mess around and stomp on the guys head, fry his balls, scalp him, make him drink Hydrofluoric acid, and abuse his family until he comes clean. We can't pussyfoot around with "enhanced interrogation". If we give in like that we shouldn't even fight this war.

Unless it's changed, and I suspect it's not, they take their pol by telephone contacting likely voters.

"By Telephone" means a "land line". I don't even have a phone. I use "Skype". My sister, niece, friends all have cell phones. My landlord has a land line and he has been contacted by Rasmussen, of course, he is 76 years old.

:lol::lol::lol: Nice try--but you will find that the overwhelming majority of Americans still have land lines. Likely voters still have land lines.---:lol::lol::lol:

Rasmussen would never use cell phones for polling because they would have no idea if YOU answered their polls on two different occasions. Once on your land line--the next on your cell phone--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

As far as "connecting" the dots--it's apparent that the people you obviously voted for did not "connect" any dots on this terrorist who walked through every single security measure.

The fact is he was able to ignite this explosive device & thankfully it didn't work.

To add: Ramussen has nailed the last 3 election cycles on their polling. I don't think I would be bashing them on this one--it's probably very accurate.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call this clown a candidate for enhanced interrogation. He is a patsy, he has no clue how to blow himself up, he certainly doesn't have any information about any other operations that are going to happen anytime soon. We can take our time with this guy and drain him. He's stupid enough to give up all he knows, but he just doesn't know much. Sounds like some other people around here.

That your a consummate dumb ass? Hey...we already knew that.

NEXT!

I wouldn't call this clown a candidate for enhanced interrogation. He is a patsy, he has no clue how to blow himself up, he certainly doesn't have any information about any other operations that are going to happen anytime soon. We can take our time with this guy and drain him. He's stupid enough to give up all he knows, but he just doesn't know much. Sounds like some other people around here.

:lol::lol: Obviously you haven't been paying too much attention to the news on this guy. His Al Queda connection is the same man that directed the mass Major murderer that was successful at murdering 13 unarmed U.S. soldiers & wounding dozens more. So yes--he does have very valuable information--but I suppose since his "miranda" rights were read to him, he has already lawyered up & you can bet his attorney is telling him to keep his mouth SHUT.

Thanks to Obama & Eric Holder--foreign terrorists are now given the same rights as American citizens.

Last edited:

:lol::lol: Obviously you haven't been paying too much attention to the news on this guy. His Al Queda connection is the same man that directed the mass Major murderer that was successful at murdering 13 unarmed U.S. soldiers & wounding dozens more. So yes--he does have very valuable information--but I suppose since his "miranda" rights were read to him, he has already lawyered up & you can bet his attorney is telling him to keep his mouth SHUT.

Thanks to Obama & Eric Holder--foreign terrorists are now given the same rights as American citizens.

Al Qaeda doesn't entrust all of it's members with all of their secret information....tactically speaking that would be akin to pulling the pin on a hand grenade and dropping it at your feet. They, like any other para-military organization, compartmentalize information and whatever the panty bomber knew has been considered compromised by the AQAP and steps taken to counter what he knew.

In this instance, I think his lawyer would really be part of the interrogation. The guy is pretty stupid, I don't believe he knows much more than he was recruited.

Lawyer basicly educates him on the realities of what will happen. 20 years in solitary at Florence CO if he keeps quiet, or if he makes a deal, maybe 10 years in San Quentin not in Solitary. SFC Ollie I think is right, this guy is an orange we can squeeze long term. We don't need enhanced on him.

Enhanced would only work if he had knowledge beyond his own little need to know and it was needed right now.

I think most people, me included, think he is a creep who should be punished beyond the scope of the law. But what makes America America is we respect the law. Even when it is annoying and in the way.

I like the idea of trying him in a military tribunal, and then waterboarding him for information, but I like the idea of him being tried in a civilian court and then sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison for the rest of his life even better.

The point is, as they say in Arkansas, mute.

What terrorist worth his prayer rug is gonna crack under waterboarding now? Thanks to all the hue and cry about "torture" during the Bush years, the whole damn world knows it won't kill you. Hell, it won't even hurt you.

Last edited:
58% Favor Waterboarding of Plane Terrorist To Get Information.

Shouldn't they be waterboarding CIA agents instead?

Christmas Kamikaze

"What the US official didn’t say was that the Feds often and purposely exclude terrorists from such lists. Joe Trento is an investigative journalist and the author of Unsafe at Any Altitude: Failed Terrorism Investigations, Scapegoating 9/11, and the Shocking Truth about Aviation Security Today. He reports, "At the Central Intelligence Agency and Defense Intelligence Agency certain names and aliases are kept from the airlines and off the no-fly list to protect intelligence assets who are suspected or known terrorists." Why? Because, as Mr. Trento explains in his book, "...American intelligence and counterterrorism officials ... deliberately [allow] suspected terrorist to fly among innocent passengers in the hope that a terrorist would lead them to collaborators or even a terrorist cell." The government that nicks your Neutrogena lest you blow up your flight merely winks at Terry Q. Terrorist’s boarding."

Christmas Kamikaze

"What the US official didn’t say was that the Feds often and purposely exclude terrorists from such lists. Joe Trento is an investigative journalist and the author of Unsafe at Any Altitude: Failed Terrorism Investigations, Scapegoating 9/11, and the Shocking Truth about Aviation Security Today. He reports, "At the Central Intelligence Agency and Defense Intelligence Agency certain names and aliases are kept from the airlines and off the no-fly list to protect intelligence assets who are suspected or known terrorists." Why? Because, as Mr. Trento explains in his book, "...American intelligence and counterterrorism officials ... deliberately [allow] suspected terrorist to fly among innocent passengers in the hope that a terrorist would lead them to collaborators or even a terrorist cell." The government that nicks your Neutrogena lest you blow up your flight merely winks at Terry Q. Terrorist’s boarding.".

Bullshit, Panetta isn't that smart. If he was, he'd support the NSA program of intercepting calls inside the US. Remember how the dems whined about terrorists outside the US calling inside the US saying that intercepting them was a violation of FISA? Whiny bastards, how many terrorists are running free because the NSA doesn't monitor them? All the Bush programs were stopped by Obama, and now the terrorists are trying more attacks.

That your a consummate dumb ass? Hey...we already knew that.

NEXT!

Thank you. You prove my point.

You and that pol are equally worthwhile.

Christmas Kamikaze

"What the US official didn’t say was that the Feds often and purposely exclude terrorists from such lists. Joe Trento is an investigative journalist and the author of Unsafe at Any Altitude: Failed Terrorism Investigations, Scapegoating 9/11, and the Shocking Truth about Aviation Security Today. He reports, "At the Central Intelligence Agency and Defense Intelligence Agency certain names and aliases are kept from the airlines and off the no-fly list to protect intelligence assets who are suspected or known terrorists." Why? Because, as Mr. Trento explains in his book, "...American intelligence and counterterrorism officials ... deliberately [allow] suspected terrorist to fly among innocent passengers in the hope that a terrorist would lead them to collaborators or even a terrorist cell." The government that nicks your Neutrogena lest you blow up your flight merely winks at Terry Q. Terrorist’s boarding.".

Bullshit, Panetta isn't that smart.
If he was, he'd support the NSA program of intercepting calls inside the US. Remember how the dems whined about terrorists outside the US calling inside the US saying that intercepting them was a violation of FISA? Whiny bastards, how many terrorists are running free because the NSA doesn't monitor them? All the Bush programs were stopped by Obama, and now the terrorists are trying more attacks.

You don't know Panetta.

Even if you did , the CIA has a lot of veterans who know what they are doing.

Christmas Kamikaze

"What the US official didn’t say was that the Feds often and purposely exclude terrorists from such lists. Joe Trento is an investigative journalist and the author of Unsafe at Any Altitude: Failed Terrorism Investigations, Scapegoating 9/11, and the Shocking Truth about Aviation Security Today. He reports, "At the Central Intelligence Agency and Defense Intelligence Agency certain names and aliases are kept from the airlines and off the no-fly list to protect intelligence assets who are suspected or known terrorists." Why? Because, as Mr. Trento explains in his book, "...American intelligence and counterterrorism officials ... deliberately [allow] suspected terrorist to fly among innocent passengers in the hope that a terrorist would lead them to collaborators or even a terrorist cell." The government that nicks your Neutrogena lest you blow up your flight merely winks at Terry Q. Terrorist’s boarding."

what and ruin this perfectly good national delusion ?

Christmas Kamikaze

what and ruin this perfectly good national delusion ?

Hummmmmmmmm

I forgot, they can't handle the truth.

Last edited:

Al Qaeda doesn't entrust all of it's members with all of their secret information....tactically speaking that would be akin to pulling the pin on a hand grenade and dropping it at your feet. They, like any other para-military organization, compartmentalize information and whatever the panty bomber knew has been considered compromised by the AQAP and steps taken to counter what he knew.

Wait a second. You called me a "dumb ass" and look at what you wrote. You talk like you think al Qaeda has some "command central". These are people that brought down the WTC with box-cutters. They fight with pantie bombs and they have "secret information" and a "central command"?

They are a bunch of social and extremist religious retards who don't even know what they want. Their goal is the damage the west. Why? Because they have convinced themselves that the west is carrying out a "war on God". Their argument is equal to the Christian "war on the gays".

The ONLY way the west will defeat these religious extremists are through police actions and covert fighting units who track down and take out these "cells". The invasion of entire countries have and will continue to be disasters as long as people keep thinking in terms of "big armies" and "whole countries".

To defeat them, you have to think like them. With Republicans, that will never happen. It's not that Republicans don't think, it's that they have made "not thinking" central to their party platform.

Why stop at enhanced interrogation?

We should show terrorists that we don't mess around and stomp on the guys head, fry his balls, scalp him, make him drink Hydrofluoric acid, and abuse his family until he comes clean. We can't pussyfoot around with "enhanced interrogation". If we give in like that we shouldn't even fight this war.

Yeah lets just jump right off the deepend here. :lol:

You're suggesting that you are a desperate lib trying to find an out.

What did I win? :lol:

Deal with it. Americans disagree with liberals on this. (and a great many other things I believe)

Forum List

Back