58% Believers, 21% Agnostic, 21% Atheist

Should anyone be surprised?

21% are arrogant enough to presume there is no God. Shocker.

another 21% don't know. And that's fine. Not knowing isnt bad. I just hope they are actually seeking answers than just saying I dont know. No one can. no point looking.

The believers need to start actually living their faiths.

Wow, so now being an atheists is equivalent to arrogance?

The position of atheists is by definition on of arrogance. You presume to know there is no God. Agnostics admit they don't know whether there is or not, but the atheist position is because you don't see evidence, no one else ever has and there is no God.

The only way anyone could possibly be an atheist is if they checked every place in existence simultaneously and found no God. Ironically, the ability to do such a thing would make them a god.

So yes, it's arrogance and absolutely foolish to presume that there is no God.

If you don't know. Admit it. Don't pretend that somehow know what's impossible to know with our limited abilities.

another 21% don't know. And that's fine. Not knowing isnt bad. I just hope they are actually seeking answers than just saying I dont know. No one can. no point looking.

according to mini 14 they are "complete dumbasses"

i'm always amused by the believers who DEMAND RESPECT for their beliefs while offering nothing but insults to atheist for THEIR beliefs....

The position of atheists is by definition on of arrogance. You presume to know there is no God. Agnostics admit they don't know whether there is or not, but the atheist position is because you don't see evidence, no one else ever has and there is no God.

The only way anyone could possibly be an atheist is if they checked every place in existence simultaneously and found no God. Ironically, the ability to do such a thing would make them a god.

If you don't know. Admit it. Don't pretend that somehow know what's impossible to know with our limited abilities.

using YOUR logic it is arrogance on the part of believrs to state they KNOW that there IS a god...

you don't know
I don't know
nobody knows....

since you don 't actually know if there IS a god....just admit it.....

if it is foolish (according to you) to presume there is no god...

then aren't YOU foolish to presume that you believe in the RIGHT god?

what if the REAL god is islamic
or zoroastrian
or the flying spaghetti monster

aren't you being FOOLISH to presume they don't exist?

Last edited:

using YOUR logic it is arrogance on the part of believrs to state they KNOW that there IS a god...

you don't know
I don't know
nobody knows....

or zoroastrian

I think he's saying atheists should be agnostics, not that he's christian, maybe i'm wrong.

Typically in this case though the person is saying others with diff views are arrogant not because they're arrogant, but because they have a different view than he does.

you don't know
I don't know
nobody knows....

or zoroastrian

I think he's saying atheists should be agnostics, not that he's christian, maybe i'm wrong.

Typically in this case though the person is saying others with diff views are arrogant not because they're arrogant, but because they have a different view than he does.

You could be right...

but...being arrogant...and being somewhat familiar with avatar (and so many other conservative christian posters)

i'm going to assume that he means..."my presumptions are the CORRECT ONES (how arrogant) while YOUR presumptions are not only wrong but...arrogant!"

many people (men?) are not allowed to admit they are agnostic/atheist because their wives won't let them

the catholic church forces their devotees to force their future mates to convert or else

I know a number of guys who don't really believe in god who had no choice because their wives made them....

Been married 35 years to a Catholic.
No one forced anyone I know anywhere to what you are claiming.
Sounds like they are BSing.
Guys being forced to believe in God?
How the fuck does your wife know what goes on in your mind?
Can you ask her what the over/under is on the Super Bowl and if the Pack will cover?

I was best man for my best friend who I knew for a fact was a non-believer...

engaged to a catholic

he HAD TO go through all the rituals of becoming a catholic before they could get married....

to be honest; I don't know if it was HER CHURCh or HERSELF who demanded that he convert

but convert he did......

my oldest brother (protestant) married a catholic and he, too (this was 40 years ago) converted...

by force?
by choice?

which ever

my mom was NOT happy about it at the time

as to being forced to believe in god..
obviously nobody knows what is really going on in the mind of another person...

but the catholic church likes to encourage its' members to convert their future spouses to the cause prior to marriage

after which they become stats....counted as catholics....whether they really believe or not....

catholic policy re: marriage;

both parties MUST BE CHRISTIAN (but not necessarily catholic)

so....atheists are NOT allowed to marry someone of the faith by catholic policy

My mom is Catholic and my dad is Lutheran.

Arrogant? You mean strong.

I know there is no God because its illogical, to me. To think magic happened in the distant past and doesnt happen now is stupid. It has nothing to do with evidence.

Whats foolish is being told theres a guy in a perfect place called heaven who gets to decide if youre going to stay or go to the other place called hell to spend eternity and believing it. The perfect place is perfect, no want for anything while the other place, hell, is a terrible place where they put chocolate pudding just out of reach, for eternity.

"Evil" guys can repent and go to heaven while "good" people fry forever in a fire if they dont accept the blood of Christ. Hog wash, religion is a vehicle of power and thats all.

Religion clouds many peoples thoughts. The dark ages were just that, dark. It was dark because learning was nil. Religion made sure of that. They murdered thousands and thousands of people for what they thought or believed.

You dont know either. Faith is not factual. Faith is trust or belief. You can have faith that theres water in the pool but that pool could be empty. Would you jump into a pool if you only "believed" or "trusted" it to be full of water? No you wouldnt.

according to mini 14 they are "complete dumbasses"

i'm always amused by the believers who DEMAND RESPECT for their beliefs while offering nothing but insults to atheist for THEIR beliefs....

I guess when Jesus said "Love thy neighbor" he only meant it as jest.

Forum List

Back