57% support Arizona law..17% want it even tougher!

And the point? VA, NC, FL, Obama won. He won a lot of individual counties in the South, although maybe not the particular state.

Thats kind of a bigoted premise to assume all Southerners are racist and therefore would vote for Jim Crow laws even today. In fact, the cases of high racial tension we see in the news today is coming from: LA, Oakland, Phoenix, Chicago, Detoit, New York, Boston, Berkeley, Cincinatti, Philly, Pittsburgh, Jersey, etc, etc. I am truly proud of the way in which people of all races have learned to live together in the South with fewer big incidents of racial tension than the rest of the country.

In fact, taking into account the conditions in the South in the 50's and 60's compared to the rest of America, and looking at the South's race relations now compared with the rest of the country, I'd say the South has made 10X more progress in race relations than the rest of the country. Maybe because we have fewer major cities, or maybe we've gotten used to one another, or who knows. But it seems for every 1 incident of racial tension in the South, there are 10 more nationwide.

My theory? The last couple generations of Southerners have tried harder to make racial relation progress because of our past, where that effort is not as strong in other parts of the country where there wasn't a stigma attached to their people from birth as being racists. And now, the rest of the country is trying to come to terms with race relations and having difficulty, while in my opinion, much of the South has already done so.

Of course, some will say I'm crazy and the South is more racist than anywhere else. I'd also bet they've never lived here very long. In my visits across the South, the people of Atlanta, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Nashville, Memhpis, get along great with very little racial tension compared to that in Detroit, Philly, Oakland, LA, NY. The one Southern city I will say hasn't moved past race is New Orleans. In large part due to Mayor Ray Nagin.

1.) Despite what you said, he didn't win the Southern Vote.

2.) Nobody said all people from the south are racist. Jillian is accurately remarking in some parts of the South that today Jim Crow laws would likely still exist.

3.) I'd stop randomly naming places if I were you.

4.) Link for your every 1, there's 10 statistics? If not, I call bullshit.

1- He wouldnt' win the entire South if taken by itself. He did win the big states, VA, NC, FL.

2- I'm simply going to disagree. Being a life-long Southerner, I can say in my travels across the South living an many places the attitudes towards race have drastically changed. I don't think anywhere in the South would Jim Crow like laws pass. Some would vote in favor, of course, but nowhere would it win 50%+ of the population's vote.

3- Randomly? Those are all cities that have headlined Fox, CNN, NBC at some point in the last few years with racial violence breaking out. That leads to 4:

4:

Oakland- Racial violence and tension over Oakland PD shootings
NY- Do I need to list the cases of racial tension and violence? Amongst all races?
LA- See NY. Race riots. Rodney King. Hispanic vs Black vs White gang racial violence.
Chicago- See NY and LA.
Philly- Black Panther incident.
Phoenix- Racial violence, Hispanics throwing bottles at cops, Hispanic/Non-Hispanic tension
Boston- "Police acted stupidly", we all know the race element that one brought out. And of course the long history of the Irish racial tension in Boston, NY.
Seattle- white cop vs black female violent encounter, black community outrage, black shooter seeking out 4 white cops to ambush and kill

My point is, I could google and post hundreds of cases of racial tension and violence in non-Southern cities. To continue assuming racism is exclusive to the South is just wrong and ignorant. And in my opinion, I believe through all our past troubles, the South has progressed BEYOND the rest of the country in race relations. New Orleans, as I said, is in my opinion the worst place in the South right now where old racism still exists.

Unlike you I dont assume police are going to violate the laws and behave as you are fearful of.

Yeah its happened in the past but the vast majority of law enforcement officials are good, upstanding, human beings.

Thanks. As a former Atlanta PD for 8 years, I appreciate those who realize the corrupt cops truly are the 5% or less of the force. That said, often times that 5% has far more interaction with the public than the other 95% because of their aggressive attitudes, or just the bad impression they leave that is unforgettable.

Bfgrn is just a childish kid. He has probably been busted a few times for dope or reckless driving and now hates all cops.

He also dodged my question of does the US even need a border, should our border be sealed, and if "no" to either question, at what population of the 6-billion in the world do we eventually put up a "No vacancy" sign.

His genius response was that Arizona only borders ONE country, Mexico. As if only Mexicans are crossing the border and no one from any other nationality.

He has about 10-15 years of growing up and maturing to do before his brain fully develops.

And Bfgrn, yes, I do know what goes on behind the scenes at police departments. And knowing what you don't, you should thank every cop you see for protecting you from what truly goes on behind the scenes and in the shadows at night in your own hood. You would be shocked if you truly knew. Everyone would. Suburbs, country, ghetto, it doesn't matter, the avg citizen has no freakin' clue how close danger is at any moment, and how the thin blue line prevents their safety and that danger from ever meeting. Somewhere nearby right now there are "thugs" who wouldn't hesitate to rob and murder you if given the chance, but they won't because also nearby is a cop with a radio, gun and badge willing to protect your sorry ass as you sit on your moms laptop bashing cops. God Bless America.

Yea asshole, my sons best friend took criminal justice in college, made it through boot camp with flying colors and was hired by a local Village Police force where the total crime index is 31 out of 100.

He resigned after 2 months because he had to decide between going along with police abuse, profiling and thuggery or stay true to his upbringing. God bless him...

There is NOTHING worse than a dirty cop. It is by far the most unpunished crime...

I witness kids getting pulled over every week in our suburb for bogus traffic violations, and it looks like a major crime scene...4- 5 squad cars converge, drug dogs, searches that are gained by intimidation and threats.

I have lived in a liberal America and your conservative scum bag America. All my years growing up in the 50's and 60's, I was NEVER stopped and harassed by the police in the SAME town. And none of my friends were either. You right wing scum bags want a police state...go FUCK yourself sonny boy.

HAHA! You're such a clown. Well, if there is that much police presence in your town, your neighbors have some soul searching to do because PD's are too cash strapped and busy to focus on a low-crime area.

And you're lying about your "sons best friends" story. I can smell a lie even over the internet. And that one is one. Your "sons best friend" wouldn't have been out of post academy field training within 2 months, so he wasn't out on his own. He would not have witnessed the real job yet. If he really exists, he probably just didn't like having to show up with shined boots, pressed uniforms and having to shave everyday. And of course, you having grown up in the 50's and 60's, I'm assuming you were a hippy pot-smoker, anti-establishment (funny, you're pro Big Government now though), and those traits never wore off. So, now you're that lame, aging old guy still wearing peace signs and preaching of the evils of the police.

BTW, if the teenagers in your neighborhood would stop their poor driving habits and stop smokin' dope, the cops and K9's will go elsewhere. Just a little advice.

Oh, and Bfgrn, are you EVER, EVER, ever ever ever ever gonna answer my simple questions?

1- Should the USA have a Southern border?
2- If so, should it be enforced?
3- If you answered no to 1 or 2, then the question is, how many of the worlds 6 billion people should we allow in before we say No Vacancy?

Ever post that you refuse to answer this question simply confirms the opinion I have of you that was posted earlier.

Why don't we put in a mine field and an electrified fence and be done with it....both borders. And don't forget the guard towers, attack dogs and machine guns.

We don't need to. Put up the large wall. Remove troops from Japan and Germany, where they are no longer necessary. Place them on the current national security threat, not the ones from 1944.

Have plenty of food, water, clothing and medical supplies. Politely turn the illegals away, and provide the humane treatment with food, water, aid for a safe return.

If the illegals refuse to turn away, and try to force entry, well, what do we call a forced, unlawful entry into our nation by foreign nationals? An invasion, right?

Why don't we put in a mine field and an electrified fence and be done with it....both borders. And don't forget the guard towers, attack dogs and machine guns.

We don't need to. Put up the large wall. Remove troops from Japan and Germany, where they are no longer necessary. Place them on the current national security threat, not the ones from 1944.

Have plenty of food, water, clothing and medical supplies. Politely turn the illegals away, and provide the humane treatment with food, water, aid for a safe return.

If the illegals refuse to turn away, and try to force entry, well, what do we call a forced, unlawful entry into our nation by foreign nationals? An invasion, right?

And how are invasions dealt with? Mine fields, machine guns, attack dogs and barbed wire.

And how are invasions dealt with? Mine fields, machine guns, attack dogs and barbed wire.

Well, if the illegals are indeed peace loving, law abiding citizens who only come looking for work, they will politely turn back and be grateful for the food, water, clothing and medicine, right?

But, with my idea, the border will be secure and with humane treatment for those we turn back. We can then begin working on a bill to deal with the 12 million who are here now, who I believe cannot and should not be deported, but that debate will then be able to begin, and with a secure border, I think the right will be far more than willing to compromise on since the open border was sealed.

Thanks. As a former Atlanta PD for 8 years, I appreciate those who realize the corrupt cops truly are the 5% or less of the force. That said, often times that 5% has far more interaction with the public than the other 95% because of their aggressive attitudes, or just the bad impression they leave that is unforgettable.

Bfgrn is just a childish kid. He has probably been busted a few times for dope or reckless driving and now hates all cops.

He also dodged my question of does the US even need a border, should our border be sealed, and if "no" to either question, at what population of the 6-billion in the world do we eventually put up a "No vacancy" sign.

His genius response was that Arizona only borders ONE country, Mexico. As if only Mexicans are crossing the border and no one from any other nationality.

He has about 10-15 years of growing up and maturing to do before his brain fully develops.

And Bfgrn, yes, I do know what goes on behind the scenes at police departments. And knowing what you don't, you should thank every cop you see for protecting you from what truly goes on behind the scenes and in the shadows at night in your own hood. You would be shocked if you truly knew. Everyone would. Suburbs, country, ghetto, it doesn't matter, the avg citizen has no freakin' clue how close danger is at any moment, and how the thin blue line prevents their safety and that danger from ever meeting. Somewhere nearby right now there are "thugs" who wouldn't hesitate to rob and murder you if given the chance, but they won't because also nearby is a cop with a radio, gun and badge willing to protect your sorry ass as you sit on your moms laptop bashing cops. God Bless America.

Yea asshole, my sons best friend took criminal justice in college, made it through boot camp with flying colors and was hired by a local Village Police force where the total crime index is 31 out of 100.

He resigned after 2 months because he had to decide between going along with police abuse, profiling and thuggery or stay true to his upbringing. God bless him...

There is NOTHING worse than a dirty cop. It is by far the most unpunished crime...

I witness kids getting pulled over every week in our suburb for bogus traffic violations, and it looks like a major crime scene...4- 5 squad cars converge, drug dogs, searches that are gained by intimidation and threats.

I have lived in a liberal America and your conservative scum bag America. All my years growing up in the 50's and 60's, I was NEVER stopped and harassed by the police in the SAME town. And none of my friends were either. You right wing scum bags want a police state...go FUCK yourself sonny boy.

HAHA! You're such a clown. Well, if there is that much police presence in your town, your neighbors have some soul searching to do because PD's are too cash strapped and busy to focus on a low-crime area.

And you're lying about your "sons best friends" story. I can smell a lie even over the internet. And that one is one. Your "sons best friend" wouldn't have been out of post academy field training within 2 months, so he wasn't out on his own. He would not have witnessed the real job yet. If he really exists, he probably just didn't like having to show up with shined boots, pressed uniforms and having to shave everyday. And of course, you having grown up in the 50's and 60's, I'm assuming you were a hippy pot-smoker, anti-establishment (funny, you're pro Big Government now though), and those traits never wore off. So, now you're that lame, aging old guy still wearing peace signs and preaching of the evils of the police.

BTW, if the teenagers in your neighborhood would stop their poor driving habits and stop smokin' dope, the cops and K9's will go elsewhere. Just a little advice.

WOW...YOU just incriminated yourself pea brain! Your words speak VOLUMES about you and your prejudices...you are a right wing SCUM bag authoritarian...the exact kind of right wing thug that is attracted to law enforcement like flies attracted to dog shit. YOU just admitted YOU were a cop that profiled. No one would have THAT must hate and contempt for 'others' and be a 'good' cop.

My sons best friend is a great kid with good parents. He is as honest as the day is long. He was hired after completing boot camp and went through the Village's training. He quit after 2 months of being an officer.

I really don't care what you THINK you know...

I live in the SAME town I grew up in, so I KNOW how the police force operated then and how it operates now.

WOW...YOU just incriminated yourself pea brain! Your words speak VOLUMES about you and your prejudices...you are a right wing SCUM bag authoritarian...the exact kind of right wing thug that is attracted to law enforcement like flies attracted to dog shit. YOU just admitted YOU were a cop that profiled. No one would have THAT must hate and contempt for 'others' and be a 'good' cop.

My sons best friend is a great kid with good parents. He is as honest as the day is long. He was hired after completing boot camp and went through the Village's training. He quit after 2 months of being an officer.

I live in the SAME town I grew up in, so I KNOW how the police force operated then and how it operates now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, I shouldn't stoop to this level. Ok, lets review:

1- You said cops are always stopping teenagers in your neighborhood for petty traffic offenses and bringing drug dogs around.

2- I in turn said if the teens would stop committing traffic offenses and bringing dope around, there would be no need to pull them over or bring a drug dog out. You do know that committing a traffic offense gets you pulled over, and the presence of drugs will bring the K9 out, right? BY LAW a K9 cannot go into a car without reasonable suspicion that drugs are there, and EVERY search is documented on paper for cause, and the mandatory in-car cameras are activated by the blue lights (not the officer) and are recorded digitally which is uploaded online by the recorder so the cop can't erase anything......right? Or did you son's best friend not tell you that.

3- So, after making a logical inference based on what you said, you said I was profiling. Hmmmm. Lets see. Traffic cops and K9 officers are stopping teens in the area. I say if the teens stop committing traffic offenses and bringing dope around, the enforcement will then stop. And somehow you find fault in what I said.

4- You also are aware that EVERY police force in EVERY city in America operates different in 2010 than it did in 1955 and 1965 when you grew up, right? You are aware that our society is more violent, with more drugs, more guns and more types of crime 50 years later, correct? I hope you can grasp that concept. So, yes, on that note, I'll agree with you: Cops and the job of police work is different in 2010 than it was in 1960. You just broke the story of the century with that observation:clap2:

Please don't stop posting though. I'm having a lot of fun making you look silly, kind of like a light mental exercise on my day off from the gym:lol:

1- You said cops are always stopping teenagers in your neighborhood for petty traffic offenses and bringing drug dogs around.

2- I in turn said if the teens would stop committing traffic offenses and bringing dope around, there would be no need to pull them over or bring a drug dog out. You do know that committing a traffic offense gets you pulled over, and the presence of drugs will bring the K9 out, right? BY LAW a K9 cannot go into a car without reasonable suspicion that drugs are there, and EVERY search is documented on paper for cause, and the mandatory in-car cameras are activated by the blue lights (not the officer) and are recorded digitally which is uploaded online by the recorder so the cop can't erase anything......right? Or did you son's best friend not tell you that.

3- So, after making a logical inference based on what you said, you said I was profiling. Hmmmm. Lets see. Traffic cops and K9 officers are stopping teens in the area. I say if the teens stop committing traffic offenses and bringing dope around, the enforcement will then stop. And somehow you find fault in what I said.

4- You also are aware that EVERY police force in EVERY city in America operates different in 2010 than it did in 1955 and 1965 when you grew up, right? You are aware that our society is more violent, with more drugs, more guns and more types of crime 50 years later, correct? I hope you can grasp that concept. So, yes, on that note, I'll agree with you: Cops and the job of police work is different in 2010 than it was in 1960. You just broke the story of the century with that observation:clap2:

Please don't stop posting though. I'm having a lot of fun making you look silly, kind of like a light mental exercise on my day off from the gym:lol:

You just profiled me even adding your OWN prejudiced hatred and scurrilous self created details...

I don't need to make you look silly, you are doing a bang up job all by yourself.

Stick your 'if the teens would stop committing traffic offenses'... they are being profiled, stopped, intimidated and harassed. Has teen driving drastically changed from the 50's and 60's; the muscle car era? It is UN American asshole like YOU that turn a blind eye, or in your case, participate...

You fascists are always the last to know you ARE one...

You ignorant moron. ALL cops have one thing citizens don't have...POWER.

I am stating FACTS. You can try to twist it anyway your little right wing pea brain prefers...but it doesn't change the fact you right wing assholes are fascists.

Sheriff Clarence W. Dupnik
Dupnik had harsh words for anyone who thinks SB 1070 will not lead to racial profiling. "If I tell my people to go out and look for A, B, and C, they're going to do it. They'll find some flimsy excuse like a tail light that's not working as a basis for a stop, which is a bunch of baloney."

About Sheriff Clarence W. Dupnik

dupnik_photo_web_color.jpg

A veteran of over 50 years in local law enforcement, Clarence W. Dupnik has served as the Sheriff of Pima County, Arizona, since his appointment in February 1980. County voters endorsed the choice nine months later by electing him to his first four-year term, and ratified that decision by re-electing him six additional times.

Then that Sheriff is being a racist for telling his deputies to go look for "A, B, or C". The deputies will do their job EXACTLY as they did before. Only now, when they encouter a suspected illegal, they'll hand them over to ICE rather than letting them drive off. ICE can release them at the steps of Phoenix City Hall if they want after that.

So, you say you are stating "FACTS" when you say of course all cops will use prejudice? Wow. Didn't know profiling a group of people was now a fact.

What are you like 14 years old? Your logic and debating skills are extremely subpar.

And as it stands, you are the only one who has practiced racial profiling on this board when you said yourself almost all illegal aliens are Hispanic.

I feel bad, I shouldn't be picking on juveniles.

So, a question. Is it "fascist" for a country to have a border and enforce it? Is Sovereignty = Fascism????

And finally, you say cops have one thing other people don't: POWER. Well, thats YOUR victim mentality kicking in. Cops have power. Yes. So do you. People can vote. They can sue cops for wrongdoing. They can prosecute cops for illegal acts. It's only libtards like you who like being the victim. And who like racial profiling, since only the left is profiling immigrants.

The ONLY country that borders Arizona is WHAT country you moron? China? Canada? USSR? Iceland?

YOU are the one that added the word "ALL" police profile, not me. I say TOO many do. IF you were REALLY a cop for 8 years, you KNOW what goes on and you are a lying sack of shit, unless you are Barney Fife and you live in Mayberry...:lol::lol::lol:

FACTS:

Racial profiling in Arizona? That’s nothing new, critics say

Reporting from Phoenix —-- As the country debates whether a tough new Arizona law against illegal immigration will lead to racial profiling, Latino activists and civil rights attorneys contend that profiling is already a reality in the Maricopa County, where two-thirds of the state's residents live.

For three years, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been arguably the most aggressive law enforcement official in the country in using his powers to enforce federal immigration laws. Most prominently, since 2008 he has sent hundreds of his deputies and sworn volunteers on "sweeps" through immigrant-heavy neighborhoods, where they stop jaywalkers or drivers with broken taillights and ask for identification and immigration information. An analysis by civil rights lawyers found 70% of those arrested in these operations have Spanish surnames. Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix and Scottsdale, is only 31% Latino, the majority of whom are legal residents or U.S. citizens.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer claims majority of illegal immigrants are drug mules
Posted on June 27, 2010 by Bentcorner

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has bade up a new excuse for Arizona’s new anti-immigration law, SB 1070. It’s because most of the brown skinned people flooding across the boarder have black tar heroin strapped to their backs and they want to give it to your children.

From CNN:

“Well, we all know that the majority of the people that are coming to Arizona and trespassing are now becoming drug mules,” Brewer said. “They’re coming across our borders in huge numbers. The drug cartels have taken control of the immigration.

“So they are criminals. They’re breaking the law when they are trespassing and they’re criminals when they pack the marijuana and the drugs on their backs.”

Drugs on their backs? Back when I was a child, the favorite racist slur for people of Hispanic decent was the word wetback. The basis of the slur referred to people coming to the United States by swimming across a river. The slur always seemed especially stupid considering the fact that when someone swims, their entire body generally gets wet, not just their back.

If Jan Brewer honestly thinks a majority of people immigrating to this country from Mexico illegally have drugs on their back, how long until she and other like-minded people start referring to Hispanic people as drugbacks?

bucs90

3758-DEFAULT-m.jpg
AndyGriffithShowBarneyFifeExpressio.jpg

Leave it up to someone like you to make up a derogatory racist comment like that and then try and pin it on someone you don't like. Closet racist eh?

Then that Sheriff is being a racist for telling his deputies to go look for "A, B, or C". The deputies will do their job EXACTLY as they did before. Only now, when they encouter a suspected illegal, they'll hand them over to ICE rather than letting them drive off. ICE can release them at the steps of Phoenix City Hall if they want after that.

So, you say you are stating "FACTS" when you say of course all cops will use prejudice? Wow. Didn't know profiling a group of people was now a fact.

What are you like 14 years old? Your logic and debating skills are extremely subpar.

And as it stands, you are the only one who has practiced racial profiling on this board when you said yourself almost all illegal aliens are Hispanic.

I feel bad, I shouldn't be picking on juveniles.

So, a question. Is it "fascist" for a country to have a border and enforce it? Is Sovereignty = Fascism????

And finally, you say cops have one thing other people don't: POWER. Well, thats YOUR victim mentality kicking in. Cops have power. Yes. So do you. People can vote. They can sue cops for wrongdoing. They can prosecute cops for illegal acts. It's only libtards like you who like being the victim. And who like racial profiling, since only the left is profiling immigrants.

The ONLY country that borders Arizona is WHAT country you moron? China? Canada? USSR? Iceland?

YOU are the one that added the word "ALL" police profile, not me. I say TOO many do. IF you were REALLY a cop for 8 years, you KNOW what goes on and you are a lying sack of shit, unless you are Barney Fife and you live in Mayberry...:lol::lol::lol:

FACTS:

Racial profiling in Arizona? That’s nothing new, critics say

Reporting from Phoenix —-- As the country debates whether a tough new Arizona law against illegal immigration will lead to racial profiling, Latino activists and civil rights attorneys contend that profiling is already a reality in the Maricopa County, where two-thirds of the state's residents live.

For three years, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been arguably the most aggressive law enforcement official in the country in using his powers to enforce federal immigration laws. Most prominently, since 2008 he has sent hundreds of his deputies and sworn volunteers on "sweeps" through immigrant-heavy neighborhoods, where they stop jaywalkers or drivers with broken taillights and ask for identification and immigration information. An analysis by civil rights lawyers found 70% of those arrested in these operations have Spanish surnames. Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix and Scottsdale, is only 31% Latino, the majority of whom are legal residents or U.S. citizens.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer claims majority of illegal immigrants are drug mules
Posted on June 27, 2010 by Bentcorner

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has bade up a new excuse for Arizona’s new anti-immigration law, SB 1070. It’s because most of the brown skinned people flooding across the boarder have black tar heroin strapped to their backs and they want to give it to your children.

From CNN:

“Well, we all know that the majority of the people that are coming to Arizona and trespassing are now becoming drug mules,” Brewer said. “They’re coming across our borders in huge numbers. The drug cartels have taken control of the immigration.

“So they are criminals. They’re breaking the law when they are trespassing and they’re criminals when they pack the marijuana and the drugs on their backs.”

Drugs on their backs? Back when I was a child, the favorite racist slur for people of Hispanic decent was the word wetback. The basis of the slur referred to people coming to the United States by swimming across a river. The slur always seemed especially stupid considering the fact that when someone swims, their entire body generally gets wet, not just their back.

If Jan Brewer honestly thinks a majority of people immigrating to this country from Mexico illegally have drugs on their back, how long until she and other like-minded people start referring to Hispanic people as drugbacks?

bucs90

3758-DEFAULT-m.jpg
AndyGriffithShowBarneyFifeExpressio.jpg

Leave it up to someone like you to make up a derogatory racist comment like that and then try and pin it on someone you don't like. Closet racist eh?

No, I'm not a racist, closet or otherwise. I respect all cultures and believe in REAL freedom and liberty. People should be able to determine how THEY choose to live and not be coerced or forced to conform to others beliefs and traditions. The great Oscar Wilde says it succinctly.

BUT...I AM prejudiced against ignorance, because it is self inflicted and curable.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

You just profiled me even adding your OWN prejudiced hatred and scurrilous self created details...

I don't need to make you look silly, you are doing a bang up job all by yourself.

Stick your 'if the teens would stop committing traffic offenses'... they are being profiled, stopped, intimidated and harassed. Has teen driving drastically changed from the 50's and 60's; the muscle car era? It is UN American asshole like YOU that turn a blind eye, or in your case, participate...

Yes sir, I did profile you. And guess what? Profiling has been a tool of law enforcement for, oh, lets say 300 years? When you have no suspect, you begin to make a profile based on evidence. In fact, the FBI does extensive profiling for serial killings and terrorism. If a law enforcement agency says they don't profile, ever, never, then they are doing a disservice to their public, as they'll never catch anyone unless in the act. Your mannerisms, spelling, world view, hot temper even on an internet message board, general assumptions, and some other things, all lead to the profile I decided on you. An aging hipster who likely was busted a few times by cops in his day, likely white, likely working a labor job, probably a high school diploma and no more. You'll of course make up a lie and describe yourself otherwise to "prove me wrong" because of your temper and overwhelming desire to stick it to "the man" or whoever you are still angry at.

And yes, teen driving habits are different now than in 1960. Any state's Highway Department statistics will show you that. Street car racing is a new fad. And there are far more drugs today than in 1960. I hate to burst your bubble, but this aint' 1960 anymore grandpa.

And you keep calling me a "right wing fascist". Well, I don't think there has been a right or left wing fascist to use as an example in our country. You could simply call me a fascist, but to add "right wing" you would need prior USA right wing examples of one and there aren't any. There arent' any left wing ones either.

BUT......one is close. YOUR left wing idol, icon and hero, FDR. See, FDR did what you accuse the right wing of, and MORE. He rounded up anyone who looked German or Japanese. He built these prison camps. And he detained these folks in them, for no charge, other than being German or Japanese looking. Did that indefinitely.

So, if you are gonna lose your temper and criticize me, please, call me a "Left wing fascist" so at least there is an example in our country's history as a base point for that comparison.

Thats all. And thanks again, toying with you has been a lot of fun.

No, I'm not a racist, closet or otherwise. I respect all cultures and believe in REAL freedom and liberty. People should be able to determine how THEY choose to live and not be coerced or forced to conform to others beliefs and traditions. The great Oscar Wilde says it succinctly.

BUT...I AM prejudiced against ignorance, because it is self inflicted and curable.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

So let me get this straight. You don't believe in society having any laws at all. You believe in pure anarchy? Right?

Before you answer, remember, the basis for any logical debate in consistency. Think it through before you answer, but if I read correctly, you would advocate total anarchy with an absence of any law or governing body.

It could have 95% support and it would still be unconstitutional. This law has absolutely no chance in court. The Constitution is crystal clear on the issue. States have no authority to make their own immigration policies, period.

They're not making policy, but bolstering Federal Policy for their own survival as a Sovereign State which has a right to defend itself.

When you enact new arrest and detention procedures you're making a policy. They are not bolstering federal policy. They are saying federal policy is insufficient and they're imposing a new policy of their own. That's the whole reason why they passed their law.

You're off base here. You might as well throw out the 9th And 10th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.

See: Dual Soverignty.

Answer these 2 questions if you believe AZ is not mirroring fed law (the same law the feds have not been enforcing.

1. What can any Arizona law enforcement official do under the Arizona immigration law that a federal law enforcement official cannot already do?

2. What requirement does the Arizona law place on any non-citizen living in Arizona that federal law does already not place on any non-citizen living elsewhere in the United States?

Yes sir, I did profile you. And guess what? Profiling has been a tool of law enforcement for, oh, lets say 300 years? When you have no suspect, you begin to make a profile based on evidence. In fact, the FBI does extensive profiling for serial killings and terrorism. If a law enforcement agency says they don't profile, ever, never, then they are doing a disservice to their public, as they'll never catch anyone unless in the act. Your mannerisms, spelling, world view, hot temper even on an internet message board, general assumptions, and some other things, all lead to the profile I decided on you. An aging hipster who likely was busted a few times by cops in his day, likely white, likely working a labor job, probably a high school diploma and no more. You'll of course make up a lie and describe yourself otherwise to "prove me wrong" because of your temper and overwhelming desire to stick it to "the man" or whoever you are still angry at.

And yes, teen driving habits are different now than in 1960. Any state's Highway Department statistics will show you that. Street car racing is a new fad. And there are far more drugs today than in 1960. I hate to burst your bubble, but this aint' 1960 anymore grandpa.

And you keep calling me a "right wing fascist". Well, I don't think there has been a right or left wing fascist to use as an example in our country. You could simply call me a fascist, but to add "right wing" you would need prior USA right wing examples of one and there aren't any. There arent' any left wing ones either.

BUT......one is close. YOUR left wing idol, icon and hero, FDR. See, FDR did what you accuse the right wing of, and MORE. He rounded up anyone who looked German or Japanese. He built these prison camps. And he detained these folks in them, for no charge, other than being German or Japanese looking. Did that indefinitely.

So, if you are gonna lose your temper and criticize me, please, call me a "Left wing fascist" so at least there is an example in our country's history as a base point for that comparison.

Thank you for admitting profiling is used by law enforcement. Here's your problem; there are no 'suspects' when profiling is used to pull people over for bogus traffic violations. It is no longer a 'tool' to solve a crime. It becomes a hammer and an abuse of power. It is profiling seeded in bigotry and prejudice. The sole cause of the detainment is the age and skin color of the occupants. The searches that you say are supposed to be based on reasonable suspicion are predetermined. They will conduct a search and they use intimidation and threats to force that search. There is no justification other than intimidation and abuse of power that explains their show of force, 4-5 squad cars converging on a car pulled over for the making an illegal lane change or having a burned out turn signal.

Try to relax and breath into a paper bag pea brain...you're hyperventilating.

Also, you might want to stop ('cease and desist' for you law enforcement thugs) questioning my intelligence, because your inability to grasp this topic alone makes you look like a pea brain. But your 'intelligence' diatribes only creates more people rolling on the floor laughing at you buc-o... SMILE...

Last edited:
They're not making policy, but bolstering Federal Policy for their own survival as a Sovereign State which has a right to defend itself.

When you enact new arrest and detention procedures you're making a policy. They are not bolstering federal policy. They are saying federal policy is insufficient and they're imposing a new policy of their own. That's the whole reason why they passed their law.

That is simply wrong. They are not enacting any new arrest procedure. Period. They are enacting no new detention procedure. Period. Prior to this law, when an illegal was arrested for other charges, the cop would already notify ICE if it was found that the person was an illegal alien. That is done in all 50 states already.

The difference now is that during a non-arrest legal stop, like for speeding, the cop can now inquire about immigration status, ONLY if reasonable suspicion develops: Such as the driver of a vehicle speaks only Russian, presents a Moscow driver's license, has "USSR" shirt on, and states in Russian he flew into Cancun and came here from over border. That would be suspicion that an illegal Russian immigrant was on hand, and that illegal immigrant would then be detained for ICE. Thats the only difference. Cops can now question the person prior to a seperate arrest or during a non-arrestable legal stop, when they have suspicion of illegal immigration status.

Thank you for admitting profiling is used by law enforcement. Here's your problem; there are no 'suspects' when profiling is used to pull people over for bogus traffic violations. It is no longer a 'tool' to solve a crime. It becomes a hammer and an abuse of power. It is profiling seeded in bigotry and prejudice. The sole cause of the detainment is the age and skin color of the occupants. The searches that you say are supposed to be based on reasonable suspicion are predetermined. They will conduct a search and they use intimidation and threats to force that search. There is no justification other than intimidation and abuse of power that explains their show of force, 4-5 squad cars converging on a car pulled over for the making an illegal lane change or having a burned out turn signal.

Also, you might want to stop ('cease and desist' for you law enforcement thugs) questioning my intelligence, because your inability to grasp this topic alone makes you look like a pea brain. But your 'intelligence' diatribes only creates more people rolling on the floor laughing at you buc-o... SMILE...

:lol::lol: HAHA! Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun one. Ok, here goes.....

1- Yes. Profiling has been used by law enforcement for centuries. "Racial" profiling should never be used, and rarely is. But criminal profiling, using intell to outline possible suspects? Of course. You'd be dumb not to.

2- Traffic stops. Traffic stops are a major tool in solving other crimes. You are simply to ignorant of law enforcement to know that. And thats not an insult. Most people would assume the same, but any cop will tell you how many non-traffic crimes end up being solved through traffic stops. Finding stolen property during a stop, finding drugs which leads to a deal where the driver snitches on other crimes, finding a wanted person driving, etc, etc. You are simply not informed enough about cop work to know that.

NOW for the main event:

Point 1- When you are behind a car, you can't see the driver. Thus, his age and race are unknown. Unless you have Superman X-ray vision, which no cops do as far as I know. So that point is a dead issue.

Point 2- Again, you aren't informed enough about this so I will have to explain, but let me lay out a scenario for you: A bank on the East side gets robbed. Suspect flees in a silver Geo Metro and gets away. He had on a mask. Meanwhile, a poor, innocent liberal descendent of Gfgrn is driving around the South end in a silver Geo Metro, which a cop sees and stops because it MIGHT be the same car. Considering it may be, and it may be the armed robbery suspect, several backup officers arrive just in case the driver has a gun. They may search the car to be sure it's not him, and let him go. Meanwhile, Gfgrn is looking out the window whining about the abuse of power the cops are displaying.

Point 3- Lets say your quiet, liberal suburb has been victim to a rash of car break-ins, which by the way, is the current trend in crime: Dirtbags are going to quiet suburbs where people feel safe, and therefore don't lock their car doors, and they break in to 20-30 cars a night. Right now Ipods and GPS systems are the hottest items. Thats a nationwide trend. But, back to the point, the victims are pissed, and the cops need to solve it. The suspects have to do what to get to and from their crime? Drive. So, start pulling cars over and seeing whats going on. Document who you pulled, then a detective crosses those names with Pawn Shop lists, and sees if any of the drivers have pawned say 20 Ipods and 40 GPS systems in the past month. Inconvenience a few drivers? Yeah. Solve the crimes? Yes.

And finally, the minor tag light stuff you are whining about. As I said, traffic stops are the #1 most productive law enforcement tool when it comes to finding fugitives, stolen property, drugs, illegal weapons, etc, etc. Argue that if you wish, but you'll lose badly in my refute of it. So, lets say we have a drug dealer carrying 20 pounds of dope in a car. Or we have a guy who is wanted for murder driving cross-country to flee. Or a guy who just burglarized a home and stole 4 guns. Or a guy who kidnapped a child and is on the run...............

Those guys listed above, ARE NOT going to drive 35 mph over the speed limit. They aren't going to blow through red lights. They aren't going to pass people in medians. They aren't going to commit ANY major traffic offenses. They won't drive around with an tag expired 5 years. So, to catch them, what does a police dept need? Petty offenses. Pull 100 cars over for something petty, you'll issue 90 warnings, and find about 10 people related to or committing other more serious crimes.

I won't charge you tuition for this lesson, because like I said, most citizens who aren't cops or former-cops just don't know what the job entails. If cops policed how most citizens WISH they would, NO crimes would ever get solved, and the crime rate would skyrocket because it would be so damn easy to get away.

So next time you see cops "terrorizing and intimidating" a poor, defensless liberal teen, think to yourself:

- Did the teen drive recklessly or have dope on him when he shouldn't have?
- Is he driving a vehicle similar to one used to flee another crime?
- Is there a spree of crimes in the area and the cops are just trying to get lucky and find the suspect/property on a stop?

Because all 3 are far more likely a reason than what you think they are doing. And if you truly believe it's just the cops being assholes, then I have one final word for you:

YOU LIBERALS NEED TO STOP BEING SUCH F**KING IGNORANT DUMBASSES.

YOU can refuse a search under the 4th Amendment. If a cop asks for consent, then he likely has no probable cause to search, and you CAN say no. In fact, you can say YES, and halfway through the search, REMOVE consent and tell his ass "Stop, I want you to stop your consenstual search". And if you try the above and it doesn't work, SUE their asses and get rich.

I swear, to take the intellectual high ground all the time, you lefties sure are fu**ing stupid.

:lol::lol: HAHA! Oh boy, this is gonna be a fun one. Ok, here goes.....

1- Yes. Profiling has been used by law enforcement for centuries. "Racial" profiling should never be used, and rarely is. But criminal profiling, using intell to outline possible suspects? Of course. You'd be dumb not to.

2- Traffic stops. Traffic stops are a major tool in solving other crimes. You are simply to ignorant of law enforcement to know that. And thats not an insult. Most people would assume the same, but any cop will tell you how many non-traffic crimes end up being solved through traffic stops. Finding stolen property during a stop, finding drugs which leads to a deal where the driver snitches on other crimes, finding a wanted person driving, etc, etc. You are simply not informed enough about cop work to know that.

NOW for the main event:

Point 1- When you are behind a car, you can't see the driver. Thus, his age and race are unknown. Unless you have Superman X-ray vision, which no cops do as far as I know. So that point is a dead issue.

Point 2- Again, you aren't informed enough about this so I will have to explain, but let me lay out a scenario for you: A bank on the East side gets robbed. Suspect flees in a silver Geo Metro and gets away. He had on a mask. Meanwhile, a poor, innocent liberal descendent of Gfgrn is driving around the South end in a silver Geo Metro, which a cop sees and stops because it MIGHT be the same car. Considering it may be, and it may be the armed robbery suspect, several backup officers arrive just in case the driver has a gun. They may search the car to be sure it's not him, and let him go. Meanwhile, Gfgrn is looking out the window whining about the abuse of power the cops are displaying.

Point 3- Lets say your quiet, liberal suburb has been victim to a rash of car break-ins, which by the way, is the current trend in crime: Dirtbags are going to quiet suburbs where people feel safe, and therefore don't lock their car doors, and they break in to 20-30 cars a night. Right now Ipods and GPS systems are the hottest items. Thats a nationwide trend. But, back to the point, the victims are pissed, and the cops need to solve it. The suspects have to do what to get to and from their crime? Drive. So, start pulling cars over and seeing whats going on. Document who you pulled, then a detective crosses those names with Pawn Shop lists, and sees if any of the drivers have pawned say 20 Ipods and 40 GPS systems in the past month. Inconvenience a few drivers? Yeah. Solve the crimes? Yes.

And finally, the minor tag light stuff you are whining about. As I said, traffic stops are the #1 most productive law enforcement tool when it comes to finding fugitives, stolen property, drugs, illegal weapons, etc, etc. Argue that if you wish, but you'll lose badly in my refute of it. So, lets say we have a drug dealer carrying 20 pounds of dope in a car. Or we have a guy who is wanted for murder driving cross-country to flee. Or a guy who just burglarized a home and stole 4 guns. Or a guy who kidnapped a child and is on the run...............

Those guys listed above, ARE NOT going to drive 35 mph over the speed limit. They aren't going to blow through red lights. They aren't going to pass people in medians. They aren't going to commit ANY major traffic offenses. They won't drive around with an tag expired 5 years. So, to catch them, what does a police dept need? Petty offenses. Pull 100 cars over for something petty, you'll issue 90 warnings, and find about 10 people related to or committing other more serious crimes.

I won't charge you tuition for this lesson, because like I said, most citizens who aren't cops or former-cops just don't know what the job entails. If cops policed how most citizens WISH they would, NO crimes would ever get solved, and the crime rate would skyrocket because it would be so damn easy to get away.

So next time you see cops "terrorizing and intimidating" a poor, defensless liberal teen, think to yourself:

- Did the teen drive recklessly or have dope on him when he shouldn't have?
- Is he driving a vehicle similar to one used to flee another crime?
- Is there a spree of crimes in the area and the cops are just trying to get lucky and find the suspect/property on a stop?

Because all 3 are far more likely a reason than what you think they are doing. And if you truly believe it's just the cops being assholes, then I have one final word for you:

YOU LIBERALS NEED TO STOP BEING SUCH F**KING IGNORANT DUMBASSES.

YOU can refuse a search under the 4th Amendment. If a cop asks for consent, then he likely has no probable cause to search, and you CAN say no. In fact, you can say YES, and halfway through the search, REMOVE consent and tell his ass "Stop, I want you to stop your consenstual search". And if you try the above and it doesn't work, SUE their asses and get rich.

I swear, to take the intellectual high ground all the time, you lefties sure are fu**ing stupid.

Hey, thanks for proving you are a fucking fascist. You can put a dress on it, high heels, lipstick and pearls...you just described a POLICE state.

The stops I see don't go by the book, when a person evokes his or her right, it is viewed as a direct confrontation...GUESS who wins asshole???

Grow up and use the little pea between your shoulders. You are as naive as they come...:lol::lol::lol:

polls_its_not_fascism_when_we_do_it_0353_974548_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Forum List

Back