57 Stars was too much anyways

Obama replaced the stars of the flag with his campaign symbol and he's selling at thirty five bucks a pop.

https://store.barackobama.com/obama...artists-for-obama/our-stripes-flag-print.html

Screen-Shot-2012-09-19-at-10.27.57-PM.png

and?

You said you knew precisely what he meant. I'm waiting.

Okie dokie!

Now that we have established that you are convinced that Barack Obama believes that the United States of America consists of 57 states - I don't want to be accused of lying, which is why I did that confirmation thing - I'll be happy to lay out another possibility for you. As I mentioned in my original post, I do find this a little troubling, but it is what it is.

Okay, I'll lay this out absolutely as clearly and simply as possible. I'll put a number in parenthesis for each time he has flown into a "new state" so we can all keep track. I'll also explain what's going on as we go in case anyone gets a little lost.

Obama's plane flies into Alabama. (1)

Obama's plane then flies from Alabama to Georgia. (2)

Obama's plane then flies from Georgia back to Alabama. (3)

Holy crap, look what happened! He has flown into a state three times, but he has only been in two states! Is that even possible? Sure! See, what he's doing here is saying that he flew into a different state three times. So, after a few weeks or months of flying around, there has been a few times in which he has flown into a state more than once!

I hope everyone is with me. Now, I'm going to make this a little more complicated, so let me know if I lose anyone:

It's even possible that he had not visited all 50 states and 7 of them twice. Maybe he just flew into, say, 38 states, and 19 of them twice! See? 38+19 = 57! Or, if everyone has a calculator, maybe he even visited some states three or four times, holy crap! How cool is that!

So (and please feel free to refer back to the above example), what he is saying is that he flew from state A into state B 57 times. Yes, I admit that such a statement ("57 states") does require a little intellectual elasticity, but I was really under the impression that a vast, vast majority of people would "get it". I was wrong. Not the first time, no shit.

I hope this helps. So, now that we have covered this, I am confident that more people understand that it is possible that Barack Obama does not think that the United States of America does not consist of 57 states, and that I won't have to cover this again. And please feel free to share this information with any friends or family who have been laboring under the same misconception, I have no doubt they will appreciate it!

Questions?

What a bunch of bull shit.

Well, I did try.

Can't win 'em all!

Okie dokie!

Now that we have established that you are convinced that Barack Obama believes that the United States of America consists of 57 states - I don't want to be accused of lying, which is why I did that confirmation thing - I'll be happy to lay out another possibility for you. As I mentioned in my original post, I do find this a little troubling, but it is what it is.

Okay, I'll lay this out absolutely as clearly and simply as possible. I'll put a number in parenthesis for each time he has flown into a "new state" so we can all keep track. I'll also explain what's going on as we go in case anyone gets a little lost.

Obama's plane flies into Alabama. (1)

Obama's plane then flies from Alabama to Georgia. (2)

Obama's plane then flies from Georgia back to Alabama. (3)

Holy crap, look what happened! He has flown into a state three times, but he has only been in two states! Is that even possible? Sure! See, what he's doing here is saying that he flew into a different state three times. So, after a few weeks or months of flying around, there has been a few times in which he has flown into a state more than once!

I hope everyone is with me. Now, I'm going to make this a little more complicated, so let me know if I lose anyone:

It's even possible that he had not visited all 50 states and 7 of them twice. Maybe he just flew into, say, 38 states, and 19 of them twice! See? 38+19 = 57! Or, if everyone has a calculator, maybe he even visited some states three or four times, holy crap! How cool is that!

So (and please feel free to refer back to the above example), what he is saying is that he flew from state A into state B 57 times. Yes, I admit that such a statement ("57 states") does require a little intellectual elasticity, but I was really under the impression that a vast, vast majority of people would "get it". I was wrong. Not the first time, no shit.

I hope this helps. So, now that we have covered this, I am confident that more people understand that it is possible that Barack Obama does not think that the United States of America does not consist of 57 states, and that I won't have to cover this again. And please feel free to share this information with any friends or family who have been laboring under the same misconception, I have no doubt they will appreciate it!

Questions?

What a bunch of bull shit.

Well, I did try.

Can't win 'em all!

It was bull shit that is all it was.

What gets me is that they're allegedly only selling 250 of them at 35 bucks a pop. That's only $15K. That's not a lot of money in a presidential campaign. I think that ike everything else; this is about massaging his ego.

How did you fail so hard at math?

What gets me is that they're allegedly only selling 250 of them at 35 bucks a pop. That's only $15K. That's not a lot of money in a presidential campaign. I think that ike everything else; this is about massaging his ego.

How did you fail so hard at math?

Just was doing it in my head. I think I multiplied the wrong numbers. My spread sheet shows $8,750 before costs. So that means that Obama is willing to alienate people for less than $10K. My point still stands. This isn't about money. This is about his ego; like everything else.

OP,

I agree, I mean "57" who can count that high anyway. "Our Government is Broken" goo, goo, ga, ga... Obama spoke ahead of himself :eusa_silenced: because he was thinking he's going to divide a few states and give them away to the Middle East and he let the cat out of the bag early. Just give him 4 more years and he'll get the job done.

Obama never said there were 57 states
Granted he did not say there are 57 states but he said he has visited 57 states ("one left to go).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

However he meant it the number 57 may have been a Freudian Slip, because there are 57 nation states on the African continent.

Incidentally all the US states, inhabited (incorporated) terrirories, and common-wealths only total 55 (or 56 counting DC) not 57

Last edited:
Obama never said there were 57 states
Granted he did not say there are 57 states but he said he has visited 57 states ("one left to go).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

But the number 57 may have been a Freudian Slip, because there are 57 nation states on the African continent.

Incidentally all the US states, inhabited (incorporated) terrirories, and common-wealths only total 55 (or 56 counting DC) not 57

Libs have made the argument that he meant 47 and he was talking of 47 or 48 (not including Hawaii, Alaska). They could be right; but I honestly wouldn't know for sure. I don't think Obama is the brightest bulb in the box.

You are an amazing pretzel.

Those were found for sale on TEEPOTTY websites.

Do you have the link?

Why is it that rw's can't do anything for themselves?

The links were ALL right in front of you when you clicked to quote my post.
Did you send him your birthday money yet , or did you give up a pizza this month to contribute to their campaign. Did a relative get married did you send their gift to the Obama campaign.. Talk about greedy people. They dont even want people to enjoy a pizza a month since that money can go to them :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back