57% in favor of Obamacare Repeal

I'd have to say that if Obamacare was such a great thing, Dems woud be running on it, not from it.

The Democratic Party has a huge base. And yes that base includes corporate and conservadems that agree that insurance companies should be able to drop people if they get sick, deny my grandmother coverage based on the fact she had a stroke in 2004.. Plus all the other practices outlawed by this bill. Sad, but we do have 'em. My own congressman is one of them.. And prob. won't get reelected because of it.

You planning on voting Republican?

What isn't what you envisioned? Closing the medicare doughnut hole?

Are you talking about the prescription drug donut hole, or something else no one has ever heard of?

Letting kids stay on their parents insurance till they are 26?

I am definitely against that. If parents want to keep paying for their kids insurance after they turn 18 they can guy them a separate policy. Setting thing up like this just makes kids dependent on the state before they even have a chance to stand on their own feet.

Banning lifetime caps?

Does your auto insurance have a maximum payout for property damages? Personal injury? Damage to the car itself?

Lifetime caps on insurance are a normal business practice, and everyone who has ever run into one has known it was there before they bought the policy. What is happening now is that irresponsible people are going to be able to game the system and make you pay for it.

Banning discrimination based on a pre-existing condition?

That is not discrimination. Discrimination is treating someone differently based on their sex, religion, national origin, or something along those lines. Treating people differently because they are sick is common sense, or do you think a person with TB should be allowed to get into planes with people who are not sick?

Banning the practice of dropping people's insurance when they get sick?

I am still waiting for anyone to provide some numbers regarding this assertion. Does that mean that the truth is that this happens so rarely that it is not really a factor?

Funny.. I envisioned all of this. Does it go far enough? Hell no. I wanted a public option.. But it's a huge step in the right direction. And any Dem that runs from it is just hurting themselves.

Funny, I envisioned none of this, because none of this addresses the problems with health care cost.

Fact of the matter is, dems know if they try and run on the owebama health care take over, they will not be enjoying reelection. The dems are running away from owebama care. The republicans on the other hand, know that if they run on repealing owebama care, they will be getting elected. Polls be damned. The voters will let you know what they think of owebama care in November, and the shady, underhanded, strong armed, behind locked doors, bribing of votes way the dems rammed it down everyone's throat. No one has forgotten that. They're still pissed, and they're going to show the dems what they think of that kind of behavior. Pack your fucking bags ass holes... YOU'RE FIRED!

They're pissed because they feel Democrats haven't cleaned up Republican's mess fast enough. We know that.

They may teach Democrats a lesson, but it's the country that will "learn a lesson". What do Republicans bring to the table?

A Plague on America?

Lemon Pledge?

another "Contract ON America"?

This country can't keep surviving these catastrophes.

Hey smart guy, what HAVE the Dems cleaned up in FOUR YEARS? Go on, own up, the spot light is on you buddy...

"Not fast enough," Pfft wtf is this shit, have they even started yet?

Wrong. They're pissed because all the dems have done is make a bad situation worse... MUCH worse. They've proven to be nothing short of complete FUCK UPS and hyper partisan hacks.

So the solution is to revert back to what caused the collapse in the first place? Yep, sure sounds like a good idea to me. Lets keep on letting the middle class die out and run up huge deficits!

I'm sorry what is Obama doing different than Bush?

Most Democrats that I know are not happy with the bill because it did not contain the public option. Without the public option, the insurance companies can continue to increase premiums and with many millions of new subscriber, they will do just that. No matter what occurs, the law is going to be amended.

If the poll shows 61% favored repeal last week and 57% this week, I wonder what it will be next week. As additional features kick in, the support will grow. Starting Jan 1, millions of seniors on Medicare will see a 50% cut in their cost for brand name drugs. Starting this month dependents will be able to remain on their parents policy till they are 26. Also this year the provision that prevents insurance companies from canceling your policy when you get sick goes into effect. I doubt you will see any of these people clamoring for repeal. Also the government is just starting to inform people of their benefits and rights under the new law.

that depends on your situation. this dependents staying on their parents plan.....do you think this is free?

As far as contacts getting canceled when you get sick, thats a very wide door, I have not ever heard of anyone get thrown off their policy till their total had been rung up.....if you weren't honest or buy a policy that doesn't cover what ailment you have come down with well? What do you expect them to do?

look we are pushing on a balloon because we didn't tackle the real issue, the cost of care .

Either way we will pay, and those 75% who enjoy good care and access, they will in a few years find themselves with less choice and lower levels of care and access..mark my words.

But you see, it will be 'more fair' that way.

Yep all Obama care really does is 3 things. First it Rapes Medicare, second it forces Americans who can not afford, or have chose not to get insurance to get it. Third it adds 30 Million new people to a broken over taxed system with out fixing it.

And you people wonder why so many people are against it.

You do realize that the fact that so many people are against it, yet so many people also say we need reform. Simply highlights the fact that THIS BILL is not the reform they wanted.
"First it Rapes Medicare" - Not so. It closes the donut hole in the Medicare, one of the biggest Medicare complaints. It reduces brand name prescription drugs costs by 50% for millions of on Medicare. Early retirees won’t be left out in the cold. In what may be the most significant change for retirees, the career journey from age 50 to 65 will grow less harrowing. Currently, if you lose your job at that age, you could find yourself uninsurable and years away from Medicare eligibility. Under reform, you’d be able to find more or less affordable insurance through one of the new insurance exchanges. You couldn’t be turned down because of age or pre-existing illnesses. There will be a limit on how much higher your premiums could go because of your age.

"It forces Americans who can not afford, or have chose not to get insurance to get it." Subsidies are provided for those that can not afford healthcare. Yes, people will have to have healthcare. People who feel they are healthy will no longer be able to bypass healthcare until such time that they have health problems. This is what happens today and is a primary reason the cost of health insurance is so high. The plans do not contain enough healthy people.

Lastly, you say it adds 30 million more people to a broken system. Much of the reasons for the system being broken is that too many people sign up for health insurance only when they are older and need more medical attention. This drives up the premiums, because you have a subscriber list of basically people that are likely to need high costly care. Coupled with this insurers could cancel your policy if you became very ill and actually needed highly expensive healthcare.

Wrong. They're pissed because all the dems have done is make a bad situation worse... MUCH worse. They've proven to be nothing short of complete FUCK UPS and hyper partisan hacks.

So the solution is to revert back to what caused the collapse in the first place? Yep, sure sounds like a good idea to me. Lets keep on letting the middle class die out and run up huge deficits!

I'm sorry what is Obama doing different than Bush?

Well, he closed Gitm...uh...he repealed the Patriot...oh..no...uh...he ended warrentle...well...uh...no more rendit...crap...

uhm......I guess it all depends on what you are looking to highlight?;)

:eusa_eh:

Polls on individual programs etc. are fine, BUT you have to study the sample questions, partisan pollsters or fronts/grps etc. who do this as one offs, live on over and under sampling ( as in segment balance R/D/I) , and phraseology intended to elicit a particular response.

First rule- no sample questions to reflect the poll, I don't even consider it.
Second rule- no (A) polls...as in Anonymous, (LV) likely voters and (RV) registered voters are best.

BTW, I went to the AP site in the OP and checked their AP exclusive site linked at the bottom, no sign of the innards of the Stanford poll.

Gallup and Ras. always have the questions available and their R/D/I balance is always as close as possible.
Most Democrats that I know are not happy with the bill because it did not contain the public option. Without the public option, the insurance companies can continue to increase premiums and with many millions of new subscriber, they will do just that. No matter what occurs, the law is going to be amended.

If the poll shows 61% favored repeal last week and 57% this week, I wonder what it will be next week. As additional features kick in, the support will grow. Starting Jan 1, millions of seniors on Medicare will see a 50% cut in their cost for brand name drugs. Starting this month dependents will be able to remain on their parents policy till they are 26. Also this year the provision that prevents insurance companies from canceling your policy when you get sick goes into effect. I doubt you will see any of these people clamoring for repeal. Also the government is just starting to inform people of their benefits and rights under the new law.

that depends on your situation. this dependents staying on their parents plan.....do you think this is free?

As far as contacts getting canceled when you get sick, thats a very wide door, I have not ever heard of anyone get thrown off their policy till their total had been rung up.....if you weren't honest or buy a policy that doesn't cover what ailment you have come down with well? What do you expect them to do?

look we are pushing on a balloon because we didn't tackle the real issue, the cost of care .

Either way we will pay, and those 75% who enjoy good care and access, they will in a few years find themselves with less choice and lower levels of care and access..mark my words.

But you see, it will be 'more fair' that way.
I serious doubt that 75% enjoy good care and access. 50 million have no insurance at all. Typical insurance offered by smaller companies often pays only 70% of the cost. Many plans have little or no preventive care, low lifetime caps, and high deductibles.

If those with "good care" find themselves with poorer care and access in a few years they will demand change, however between now and then as benefits of the healthcare law kick in and the government makes makes more information available, opposition will decrease.

Typical insurance offered by smaller companies often pays only 70% of the cost.

What do you expect it to pay?
Considerably more than 70%. The cost of a double pass surgery runs about $75,000. Add to that follow up treatment and rehab, you can be looking at $100,000. Kidney problem, dialysis at $45,000 a year and a transplant at $85,000. Some of the life saving cancer treatments are running $44,000/mo. Total costs of a chronic life threating illness can easily run in hundreds of the hundreds of thousands. At a 70% pay level, a serious heart condition, cancer or other serious illness would bankrupt most middle class families. Medical Costs now trigger half the bankruptcies and foreclosures in the country.

The right wing report is bs. I honestly don't understand people, do you really want the insurance companies to use their death panel again? This is a huge deal and I think it is a good step forward toward the ultimate goal of universal healthcare. I don't think republicans will get enough votes to override obama's certain veto. And when this really goes into full effect, it will be imposssible to get enough public support to repeal it.

Forum List

Back