56-Year-Old Man Brought Back To Life After 47 Minutes, 4,500 Chest Compressions

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
And 8 Zaps With Defibrillator.

CBS 2 Exclusive: Back From The Dead - wcbstv.com

It took 4,500 chest compressions and eight shocks from a defibrillator to get Tiralosi stabilized at 11:55 a.m. While his doctors worked frantically to save him he barely remembers anything about that day.

CBS 2 HD: "Was there a time after 47 minutes in the room when someone said 'Guys, enough's enough. Time to end it'?

Dr. Gaudio: "There were whispers of that but I imagined that he was a man with a family, with a family someplace and I didn't want to go out and tell that family that we had lost him. I had to keep going."

:clap2:

A specific procedure helped save Tiralosi's life. Special cooling pads, not available in all emergency rooms, lowered his body temperature to 91 degrees, essential in preventing long-term neurological damage and preserving brain function. Placed in a medically induced coma, incredibly, he began to wake up three days later -- without brain damage.

Amazing.

I worked in hospitals years ago....especially in the ER. I've rarely seen a code go 47 minutes. They usually call it before then.

Very cool this guy was brought back..... bet this is his BEST Thanksgiving ever. :D

Well done, Doctor!

Forum List

Back