56% of Americans favor healthcare reform this year

I would like to see the exact questions they are basing this on. Everyone wants health care reform in the US ... but which reform?

update.

The number who approve dropped again. it is now at 42% today.

Rasmussen has it at 32 percent approve 32% Favor Single-Payer Health Care, 57% Oppose - Rasmussen Reports™

I kind of think this is deceptive.

My understanding of "single payer health care system" is a plan where there is only one plan, the governments.

Yet, that is not what is being discussed in any of the bills as far as I'm aware of. They include a public plan as an option - public and private competing together to cover everyone much like public and private in the postal system or education.

What this survey is asking is very specific - people's opinions on one health care option (the most extreme) that isn't even on the table and using it to imply how people feel about offering any sort of public option in healthcare reform, or the bills currently on the table.

The wording of the questions is here: Toplines - Health Care - August 7-8, 2009 - Rasmussen Reports™

update.

The number who approve dropped again. it is now at 42% today.

Rasmussen has it at 32 percent approve 32% Favor Single-Payer Health Care, 57% Oppose - Rasmussen Reports™

I kind of think this is deceptive.

My understanding of "single payer health care system" is a plan where there is only one plan, the governments.

Yet, that is not what is being discussed in any of the bills as far as I'm aware of. They include a public plan as an option - public and private competing together to cover everyone much like public and private in the postal system or education.

What this survey is asking is very specific - people's opinions on one health care option (the most extreme) that isn't even on the table and using it to imply how people feel about offering any sort of public option in healthcare reform, or the bills currently on the table.

The wording of the questions is here: Toplines - Health Care - August 7-8, 2009 - Rasmussen Reports™

Yes but the Public Option COULD be a backdoor to single payer by putting unfair competition in the mix of insurance providers. Then it would be a monopoly on health coverage which we have anti-trust laws to prevent in private companies but not in the government.

Some people have even publicly stated that this is their plan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLm9t9j-qKM]YouTube - Public option will lead to Single Payer Barney Frank[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVPt7j1jR4U&feature=PlayList&p=9EAEA1FC89CDDBE4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=51]YouTube - Rep. John Conyers on single-payer healthcare 5/09[/ame]

skip up to like 1:15 in this one if you dont want to watch it all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk]YouTube - SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance[/ame]

Yes but the Public Option COULD be a backdoor to single payer by putting unfair competition in the mix of insurance providers. Then it would be a monopoly on health coverage which we have anti-trust laws to prevent in private companies but not in the government.

Some people have even publicly stated that this is their plan

That's exactly the sort of slippery-slope-fear-mongering that is being promoted by special interests. Yet - it did NOT happen with the postal services nor did it happen with education...but, amazingly, somehow - you are sure it's going to happen with insurance?

I'd like to hear them explain why it would, since no monopoly on mail and shipping occurred nor any monopoly in education nor, for that matter in transportation.

Maybe they are lying?

Yes, some people HAVE publically stated that this is their plan, but then some people have also publically stated that they want absolutely no government influence or regulation in the matter. Two minority extremes.

The videos...37 seconds....3 minutes...what ever - are bits and pieces taken from something larger and without context. Is there a link to a transcript of the entire thing?

Its in the words of the people of the videos not mine. They said its a backdoor not me.

Sorry man, no fear mongering here just what people involved are on the record as stating.

Its in the words of the people of the videos not mine. They said its a backdoor not me.

Sorry man, no fear mongering here just what people involved are on the record as stating.

Um...what record?

See, that is part of the problem when you cherry pick material - what's the context? You present, in one case a video that is put together from individual segments of what Obama is saying and the video-makers script and messages. Where was this done and when and what was the entire talk? Can't show it can you? Because it would alter the message the author is trying to portray.

You can make a person's words mean almost anything that way.

That is how the tactic works:

distort what people say by removing context
present extreme views as the main view and make it frightening
repeat it over and over again until people's critical functions shut down and they start believing it

Forum List

Back