55 Day Wait to See a Doctor in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Dont Taz Me Bro, May 1, 2011.

1. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,473
    Guess I got out of the Bay State just in time. We're already starting to see the longer waits and shortages of care that the Canadians and Europeans have been dealing with for decades. Growing demand, insufficient supply of doctors, and disincentives to become one.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    FUCKING RICH PEOPLE! YOU WANA RETIRE RATHER THAN WORK YOUR LIFE AWAY TO SERVER THE POPULATION THAT MADE YOU RICH!!!
    fuuuuuUUUK YOU!

=D

3. jgarden

jgarden Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Perhaps "Dont Taz Me Bro" would care to explain that if "..... Life expectancy at birth is also a measure of overall quality of life in a country and summarizes the mortality at all ages. It can also be thought of as indicating the potential return on investment in human capital .....," according to the 2011 CIA World Factbook, then why does Canada and most European nations have average life expectancies substantially longer than their American counterparts?

This is all the more peculiar if you accept ""Dont Taz Me Bro's" assertion the healthcare systems in Canadian and European are chacterized by "longer waits and shortages of care .... growing demand, insufficient supply of doctors, and disincentives ....."

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Well...we know that socialized medicine is going to come with the problems associated with all socialized solutions, so this doesn't really surprise me.

Of course the only real way to evaluate a totally privatized system against a fully socialized system is to compare the aggregate morbidity and mortality statistics of the overall population and costs over time, too.

For all we know it might make good sense for society as a whole if people have to wait a bit to see their doctors.

Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,473

Perhaps you'd care to explain what events determine and measure one's life expectancy and summarize how all of those events differ around the world.

Those aren't assertions, those are facts. Feel free to prove otherwise.

When you start thinking, please reply.

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Queueing is CERTAINLY a contrivance of socialized medicine.

You guys do know that I studied HC management leading to an MBA, right?

Queueing is one of the techniques that proponents of socialized medicine openly ADMIT is part of the system to keep down costs.

What queueing does is eliminate many of the hypocondriaical medical visits that come from THIRD PARTY payment systems (3rd party payments systems include both socialized and private HC systems).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I had time to do some thnking while in line at the post office. First I thought the post office really knew how to piss folks off by keeping them standing in line with one person working.

Then I thought the post office does one hell of a job getting all americans their mail even up in Alaska.

8. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,732

You are making apples to oranges comparisons.

The U.S. death rate is affected by:

- Gang violence (exacerbated by the inane WAR ON DRUGS)
    - Vehicle deaths (we drive more miles per capita than anyone)
    - Counting premature babies as live births (many countries count them as still born)

When adjusted for these factors, life expectancy in the U.S. is very high

9. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Obesity.
    OOOoooo, I win. As other countries are catching up with the US on obesity rates their life expectancy declines as well… Believe it or not Obesity is the number 1 killer in America, don’t believe me go find that #1 reason and then find what cased that.

10. Dont Taz Me Bro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,473
    It also keep legitimately sick people out of the hospital leading to unneeded suffering and sometimes death.