545 vs 300000000 people

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
http://deadlinelive.info/2011/04/26...umn-orlando-sentinel-545-vs-300000000-people/

[Nothing to fight about here but its well worth reading to the very end. This man will be missed.]

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don’t write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don’t set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don’t control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

Read the rest at the link.

Quite a few of us talk about this all the time... While Obama-bots are fighting with the Bush-bots we try and update them that they are fighting themselves when they vote for Clinton, Bush, Mitt or Obama...

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/04/26...umn-orlando-sentinel-545-vs-300000000-people/

[Nothing to fight about here but its well worth reading to the very end. This man will be missed.]

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don’t write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don’t set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don’t control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

Read the rest at the link.
From your link:

"What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it."

From mine:

"It's January 25, 2001, the first week of the Bush presidency and more than half a year before the September 11 attacks. Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan testifies before the Senate Budget Committee, asserting:

"'If current policies remain in place, the total unified surplus will reach $800 billion in fiscal year 2011. The emerging key fiscal policy need is to address the implications of maintaining surpluses...'"

"The 2011 fiscal year ended with a $1.3-trillion deficit. How did America go from a state of 'burgeoning federal surpluses' (in Greenspan's words in 2001) to 'extraordinary financial crisis' (the way he put it in 2010) in just one decade..."

Maybe the 300,000,000 were paying too much attention to American Idol instead of the 545?

Forum List

Back