54% Say Passing No Healthcare Reform Better Than Passing Congressional Plan

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Thirty-five percent (35%) of American voters say passage of the bill currently working its way through Congress would be better than not passing any health care reform legislation this year. However, a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that most voters (54%) say no health care reform passed by Congress this year would be the better option.

This does not mean that most voters are opposed to health care reform. But it does highlight the level of concern about the specific proposals that Congressional Democrats have approved in a series of Committees. To this point, there has been no Republican support for the legislative effort although the Senate Finance Committee is still attempting to seek a bi-partisan solution.

Not surprisingly, there is a huge partisan divide on this issue. Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats say passing the legislation in Congress would be the best course of action. However, 80% of Republicans take the opposite view. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 23% would like the Congressional reform to pass while 66% would rather the legislators take no action.

Voters who earn less than $20,000 a year are evenly divided but a majority of all other voters would prefer no action. Middle income voters, those who earn from $40,000 to $75,000 a year, are most strongly in favor of taking no action.

A plurality of voters under 30 say passage of the Congressional legislation is better. A majority of adults over 30 take the opposite view.

54% Say Passing No Healthcare Reform Better Than Passing Congressional Plan - Rasmussen Reports™

I wonder how many of the people polled have any clue whatsoever what is actually in any of the various healthcare plans working their way through congress.

All they really know is the news reports that they are hearing on tv, which are almost exclusively negative. Of course they are against it. And for the same reason that they voted for Obama. Media saturation.

Polling a bunch of ignorant indoctrinated sheep is a hell of a way to determine what is best for the country. But it does explain how we have arrived at our present state.

I wonder how many of the people polled have any clue whatsoever what is actually in any of the various healthcare plans working their way through congress.

All they really know is the news reports that they are hearing on tv, which are almost exclusively negative. Of course they are against it. And for the same reason that they voted for Obama. Media saturation.

Polling a bunch of ignorant indoctrinated sheep is a hell of a way to determine what is best for the country. But it does explain how we have arrived at our present state.

The people I saw that attended the town hall meetings knew what they were talking about. They even had sections of the bill printed out and in hand asking pointed, specific questions of their reps. On the other hand, the rep's knowledge was often less than stellar as they mumbled out a quick answer and moved on to the next question.

It's a mistake to assume that 'people are stupid and don't know anything'. We live in the information age where anything you want to know is only a click away. Had this particular debate taken place 15 years ago, most people would have been completely unaware of what was in the bill. Oh wait, it did take place that long ago. How many people on here knew the specifics of that bill vs the specifics of this bill? Times have changed and people are getting savvier every day, especially when we have government that cries chicken little so often and then shoves (or tries to shove) bills through without even taking the time to read them.

Last edited:
They even had sections of the bill printed out and in hand asking pointed, specific questions of their reps.

Amazing. They had sections of a 1000 page bill printed out and ask pointed questions. Let me reiterate, not one of those people had read any of the proposed bills. They were specifically directed to those specific sections by people with a vested financial and/or political interest in knocking out anything that might threaten those interests. Indoctrinated sheep.

If you believe I give a rats ass whether any of these bills are passed or not, you're deluding yourself. I will survive regardless of whether any of them is passed or not. My objection is to method.

Not all the congressmen and Senators that had the town meetings are on the committees that are working on the health care bills. Most are in other committees that are working on various and other bills. Do you think they should waste their time memorizing crap from all the bills before a bill actually gets voted out of a committee????

Ya'll realize how out of it you appear in print, don't you???

And while we're on the subject, you do know that Baucus has constricted the group working on the Senate financial committee's health care bill to 6 Senators, don't you?

Not all the congressmen and Senators that had the town meetings are on the committees that are working on the health care bills. Most are in other committees that are working on various and other bills. Do you think they should waste their time memorizing crap from all the bills before a bill actually gets voted out of a committee????

And while we're on the subject, you do know that Baucus has constricted the group working on the Senate financial committee's health care bill to 6 Senators, don't you?
Baucus is the insurance industry's whore, along with most of the cons.

which would make you.....

Obama's whore.

which would make you.....

Obama's whore.

Defenders of Barry... His worshipers are many, but the 0ssiah's downward trend in popularity shows there may be HOPE for them after all...

It sure does, look at the current and former POTUS!

Yet, the Dems are going to try and force something on us anyway... What a great Government we have.... " If you don't like it, tough sh!t!"

They even had sections of the bill printed out and in hand asking pointed, specific questions of their reps.

Amazing. They had sections of a 1000 page bill printed out and ask pointed questions. Let me reiterate, not one of those people had read any of the proposed bills. They were specifically directed to those specific sections by people with a vested financial and/or political interest in knocking out anything that might threaten those interests. Indoctrinated sheep.

If you believe I give a rats ass whether any of these bills are passed or not, you're deluding yourself. I will survive regardless of whether any of them is passed or not. My objection is to method.

You're wrong. People are reading these bills and they are informed. Today more than ever. Would you rather they not be?

So you're telling me that all those town hall meetings . . . those reps shouldn't be expected to answer questions on the top matter of the day, the health care issue, from their constituents?

Forum List

Back