54 Palestinians die as Israel refuses medical permits

Is Israel responsible for this, I think that's the big question?

Either way, it makes Israel look bad.

'54 Palestinians die' as Israel refuses medical permits

Israel was responsible for at least 54 Palestinian deaths last year as it rejected hundreds of medical permit requests it received from Gaza residents seeking treatment outside the besieged strip, rights groups have said.

In a joint statement on Tuesday, the Gaza-based Al Mezan Center for Human Rights, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), and Physicians for Human Rights Israel (PHRI), highlighted the immediate need for Israel to end its decade-long siege of the Gaza Strip.

In 2017, Israeli authorities approved fewer than half the medical permit requests it received, which were tied to appointments and treatment sessions in hospitals across the occupied territories and Israel - the lowest level since 2008.

More than 25,000 permit requests were submitted to Israeli authorities. Of those, 719 were refused, often under the pretext of security.

Another 11,281 applications are still pending approval - meaning thousands of people are in a state of jeopardy.

Samir Zaqout, Al Mezan director, told Al Jazeera that there is no "real rational reason" why patients in need of urgent medical assistance are denied hospital access.

WATCH: Gazans call for strike over collapsing economy (2:00)

"Israel is under a legal obligation to facilitate the freedom of movement of the Palestinian people," he said. "It decided when it blockaded the strip not only to deny Gazans of the right to free movement, but it also punished the ill who have a right to access healthcare."

In 2007, following the election victory of Hamas and the group's assumption of control over the territory, Israel imposed a strict land, aerial and naval blockade on Gaza.

In 2013, neighbouring Egypt, which has largely closed its border crossing with Gaza, blocked tunnels connecting Gaza with Egypt's el-Arish, shutting off the only other route out of the strip.

The main alternative is a path via the Erez crossing, which transfers people to Israel and the rest of the occupied territories.

'25,000 Gazans' on life's edge
Over the years, Israel has placed obstacles in the way of those seeking medical permits, which facilitate the movement of the ill.

For instance, child patients must have a guardian who is over 50 years old in order to travel.

Children with cancer without a guardian of the correct age, therefore, have not been able to access life-saving hospital appointments, Zaqout said.

Although Israel approves between 10 and 15 percent of permit requests, the bulk of the applications remains "under review" for months at a time, forcing many to reschedule appointments several times.

"The Israelis stall with the application requests and sometimes, not issuing a refusal at all makes it impossible for the patient to follow up with a lawyer or a rights organisation," Zaquot said.

Only patients who are in need of urgent care are eligible to apply for medical permits, meaning "more than 25,000 Gazans are between life and death".

'Who else do we turn to?'
Hani, father of seven-year-old cancer patient Ruba, said his daughter was recently denied a medical permit for the first time in seven years.

"She's not the only one," said Hani, who chose to conceal his last name for fear of reprisal.

"I had a daughter who died when she was just seven months old," he told Al Jazeera. "She suffered from the same cancer, and we lost her six years ago.

"I don't want to lose another daughter."

Ruba was diagnosed with cancer when she was a toddler.

She underwent a bone marrow transplant in January last year in a procedure that cost the family its savings.

Ruba received the tissue donation from her brother.

"I made sure it was my healthiest son, I wanted her to have the best chance of surviving," Hani said.

But without necessary treatment, he fears for his daughter's life.

"She's such a good girl, she's so pretty and smart," he said. "We're good people and do everything right - we face no problems with the authorities and our paperwork is always in order.

Hani said the family had received permits before on some 300 occasions and was not given a reason for the latest refusal.

"I don't even understand why, there were no reasons given to me this time, and I utilised every contact I had … nothing is more important to me than my children's wellbeing.

"Who else do we turn to?"

Israel has over the past decade launched three major assaults on Gaza, worsening a stark humanitarian situation.

With a major fuel and power crisis, the UN last week warned Gaza's emergency fuel supplies would soon run dry unless it received immediate donor support.

Fuel for generators to operate hospital supplies is largely absent.

Since 2008, Gaza's population has doubled while medical facilities remained poor.

With severe restrictions on access to basic services, Gaza has been dubbed the world's largest open-air prison.

Hey dumbfuck, the reason they are denied is because they’re a secured threat. Good for Israel not providing medical aid to people who seek her destruction.

These assholes want to destroy her, but a dumbfuck scumbag like you believes Israel should provide them free medical care.

Go take your self-righteous indignation and shovel it up your ass!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Why don't you tell that to the 1,000 + Jewish Rabbis in America calling for Trump to take in Syrian refugees?

Link?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rabbis-sign-letter-welcoming-syrian-refugees/

So, let me try to wrap my mind around this.

The Palestinians do not want the Jews anywhere near them, want the Nation of Israel to go away, refuse to decide to live in the Nation of Israel; but now are bitching because they want Israel to provide health care?

#liberallunacy

Why would Palestinians want Jews to create a Jewish homeland upon the soil they've lived on for hundreds of years?

Liberal?
I'm certainly no Liberal.
A people with zero infrastructure, government, etc.
If the 5 Arabs nations didn’t attack the Palis would have lived there happily ever after, JHPB.

The Palestinians do not want the Jews anywhere near them, want the Nation of Israel to go away, refuse to decide to live in the Nation of Israel; but now are bitching because they want Israel to provide health care?

#liberallunacy

Why would Palestinians want Jews to create a Jewish homeland upon the soil they've lived on for hundreds of years?

Liberal?
A moderate is a liberal too ashamed to admit they are liberal...

I'm not a Liberal, nor a Moderate, I'm a Fascist.

Israel was responsible for at least 54 Palestinian deaths last year as it rejected hundreds of medical permit requests it received from Gaza residents seeking treatment outside the besieged strip, rights groups have said.

In a joint statement on Tuesday, the Gaza-based Al Mezan Center for Human Rights, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), and Physicians for Human Rights Israel (PHRI), highlighted the immediate need for Israel to end its decade-long siege of the Gaza Strip.

In 2017, Israeli authorities approved fewer than half the medical permit requests it received, which were tied to appointments and treatment sessions in hospitals across the occupied territories and Israel - the lowest level since 2008.

More than 25,000 permit requests were submitted to Israeli authorities. Of those, 719 were refused, often under the pretext of security.

Another 11,281 applications are still pending approval - meaning thousands of people are in a state of jeopardy.

Samir Zaqout, Al Mezan director, told Al Jazeera that there is no "real rational reason" why patients in need of urgent medical assistance are denied hospital access.

"Israel is under a legal obligation to facilitate the freedom of movement of the Palestinian people," he said. "It decided when it blockaded the strip not only to deny Gazans of the right to free movement, but it also punished the ill who have a right to access healthcare."

In 2007, following the election victory of Hamas and the group's assumption of control over the territory, Israel imposed a strict land, aerial and naval blockade on Gaza.

In 2013, neighbouring Egypt, which has largely closed its border crossing with Gaza, blocked tunnels connecting Gaza with Egypt's el-Arish, shutting off the only other route out of the strip.

The main alternative is a path via the Erez crossing, which transfers people to Israel and the rest of the occupied territories.

Over the years, Israel has placed obstacles in the way of those seeking medical permits, which facilitate the movement of the ill.

For instance, child patients must have a guardian who is over 50 years old in order to travel.

Children with cancer without a guardian of the correct age, therefore, have not been able to access life-saving hospital appointments, Zaqout said.

Although Israel approves between 10 and 15 percent of permit requests, the bulk of the applications remains "under review" for months at a time, forcing many to reschedule appointments several times.

"The Israelis stall with the application requests and sometimes, not issuing a refusal at all makes it impossible for the patient to follow up with a lawyer or a rights organisation," Zaquot said.

Only patients who are in need of urgent care are eligible to apply for medical permits, meaning "more than 25,000 Gazans are between life and death".

Hani, father of seven-year-old cancer patient Ruba, said his daughter was recently denied a medical permit for the first time in seven years.

"She's not the only one," said Hani, who chose to conceal his last name for fear of reprisal.

"I had a daughter who died when she was just seven months old," he told Al Jazeera. "She suffered from the same cancer, and we lost her six years ago.

She underwent a bone marrow transplant in January last year in a procedure that cost the family its savings.

"I made sure it was my healthiest son, I wanted her to have the best chance of surviving," Hani said.

"She's such a good girl, she's so pretty and smart," he said. "We're good people and do everything right - we face no problems with the authorities and our paperwork is always in order.

Hani said the family had received permits before on some 300 occasions and was not given a reason for the latest refusal.

"I don't even understand why, there were no reasons given to me this time, and I utilised every contact I had … nothing is more important to me than my children's wellbeing.

Israel has over the past decade launched three major assaults on Gaza, worsening a stark humanitarian situation.

With a major fuel and power crisis, the UN last week warned Gaza's emergency fuel supplies would soon run dry unless it received immediate donor support.

Since 2008, Gaza's population has doubled while medical facilities remained poor.

With severe restrictions on access to basic services, Gaza has been dubbed the world's largest open-air prison.

Hey dumbfuck, the reason they are denied is because they’re a secured threat. Good for Israel not providing medical aid to people who seek her destruction.

These assholes want to destroy her, but a dumbfuck scumbag like you believes Israel should provide them free medical care.

Why don't you tell that to the 1,000 + Jewish Rabbis in America calling for Trump to take in Syrian refugees?

Link?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rabbis-sign-letter-welcoming-syrian-refugees/
The WashedUpCompost!

#liberallunacy

Liberal?
It appears you need a new thread to promote your Jew hatreds.

#liberallunacy

Liberal?
A moderate is a liberal too ashamed to admit they are liberal...

I'm not a Liberal, nor a Moderate, I'm a Fascist.
Then you know your place.
Stay there.

Indeed, and I'm anti-abortion, but explain how Israel has been any better of an ally for the U.S, than Palestine?

Things like the Lavon Affair, U.S.S Liberty bombing,Jonathan Pollard,Yair Klein etc. say otherwise.
I worked on F-15s that had electronics that were shared between Israel and the US. We provide the weapons they provide the advanced systems. Not a bad deal, while the Palestinians have provided US with what? Name it, anything that those intent to kill US have contributed to humanity?

What about American support for Israel, causing a lot more hatred directed towards the U.S.A from Muslims?

America has to do what's RIGHT, hatred or not.

What is right, is not supporting a nation which displaced Palestinians from land they long lived on.

As a well behaved Dhimmi, care to elaborate on your silence regarding non-islamics across the islamic middle east who were displaced by islamic fascists?

I've certainly expressed outrage against especially the crimes of the Islamic State.

I worked on F-15s that had electronics that were shared between Israel and the US. We provide the weapons they provide the advanced systems. Not a bad deal, while the Palestinians have provided US with what? Name it, anything that those intent to kill US have contributed to humanity?

What about American support for Israel, causing a lot more hatred directed towards the U.S.A from Muslims?

What is right, is not supporting a nation which displaced Palestinians from land they long lived on.

As a well behaved Dhimmi, care to elaborate on your silence regarding non-islamics across the islamic middle east who were displaced by islamic fascists?

I've certainly expressed outrage against especially the crimes of the Islamic State.
Links?

We lose 33,000 born and unborn babies a month from planned parenthood. Why do you give a shit about people intent to "Kill US"?

Indeed, and I'm anti-abortion, but explain how Israel has been any better of an ally for the U.S, than Palestine?

Things like the Lavon Affair, U.S.S Liberty bombing,Jonathan Pollard,Yair Klein etc. say otherwise.
List Palestinian contributions to the US.

What about Jewish detriments to the U.S.A, like the media, and Hollywood?

Jews are our biggest problem in America, not Palestinians.

If Jews are ambitious and creative so that they float to the top, do you mean they shouldn't do it just because they are Jews? So Mark Zuckerberg can't start Facebook because he's a Jew? If you didn't stay on a message board and complain about Jews, but instead worked hard and were creative, you could also make it to the top!

#liberallunacy

Liberal?
It appears you need a new thread to promote your Jew hatreds.

Zionists are clearly either very dumb, or very manipulative.

In the 1878 census only 3% of the population of Palestine / Israel was even native born Jewish, and 1 - 2% were Jewish immigrants.

How does that account for the right to steal lands of another people?

I bet you fanboyed all over Kim John Un's sister...who is part of a regime that let 3 million people die of starvation a few years ago.

When was the famine in NK and what caused it?

This is on the US.

Complete and utter crapola.

North Korea's totalitarianism kills its people. They starve while the regime builds nukes to blackmail the rest of the world.

You should put that on your resume'.

We lose 33,000 born and unborn babies a month from planned parenthood. Why do you give a shit about people intent to "Kill US"?

If Jews are ambitious and creative so that they float to the top, do you mean they shouldn't do it just because they are Jews? So Mark Zuckerberg can't start Facebook because he's a Jew? If you didn't stay on a message board and complain about Jews, but instead worked hard and were creative, you could also make it to the top!

What about Facebook censoring almost only extreme far right White goy views, rather than anybody else's?

You live in a state with the most Jews.....
Go meet a few...make a few friends.....they're not the gremlins you've been raised to believe they are.

Some are actually quite nice. Some are indeed Pharengi

A lot of people think of Jews as stuck up, and standoffish, actually.
Same with Italians.

I'm glad I moved further North away from the Mediterranean madness.

What about Facebook censoring almost only extreme far right White goy views, rather than anybody else's?
That is the way of the Nazi's to stop people from freely exchanging ideas. And? What are you going to do about it? I don't use facebook, or any products that support FB.

International, Human Rights Watch, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), and Physicians for Human Rights Israel (PHRI), highlighted the immediate need for Israel to end its decade-long siege of the Gaza Strip.

In 2017, Israeli authorities approved fewer than half the medical permit requests it received, which were tied to appointments and treatment sessions in hospitals across the occupied territories and Israel

Gaza is an israeli concentration camp, even Auschwitz had a working hospital, hardly something one would need if it really was a "Death camp"

International, Human Rights Watch, Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), and Physicians for Human Rights Israel (PHRI), highlighted the immediate need for Israel to end its decade-long siege of the Gaza Strip.

In 2017, Israeli authorities approved fewer than half the medical permit requests it received, which were tied to appointments and treatment sessions in hospitals across the occupied territories and Israel

Gaza is an israeli concentration camp, even Auschwitz had a working hospital, hardly something one would need if it really was a "Death camp"
Why aren’t you in your fighter jet?
Weren’t you predicting the demise of Israel would take place yesterday?

That is the way of the Nazi's to stop people from freely exchanging ideas. And? What are you going to do about it? I don't use facebook, or any products that support FB.

Either shut down, or micromanage Facebook of course.

How do you expect to have Conservative values when Jews use their freedom to promote Liberal values?
How do you expect to have Freedom of Speech when Jews use their freedom to promote Censorship of Conservative values?

The line must be drawn somewhere.

Auschwitz was very big and was divided between a labor camp and a death camp. The hospital was for the labor camp part. Plus, can we really make sense of how evil minds operate?

New Topics

Forum List

Back