53 Senators sign pledge

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Yep, 53 of them have signed on to reject the House debt ceiling plan. Was't someone whining about pledges yesterday?

This was what my search engine provieded on the search "53 senarors sign pledge"
Session Begins, Senate “Heroes of Reform” Say: Keep Your Promise: Pass the Pledge
Posted by Daniel L. Squadron on Monday, January 10th, 2011
Share This:

Senate Reformers Urge New Yorkers to Join the Call for Immediate

Action on Mayor Koch’s New York Uprising Heroes of Reform Pledge

53 of 62 Senators Signed Pledge Before Election; Governor Cuomo

Highlighted Reform Pledge in State of State as a Priority

(Albany, NY) – On the first day of State Senate session, Senators designated “Heroes of Reform” by Mayor Ed Koch called on Majority Leader Dean Skelos and Senate leadership today to keep their promise and pass Mayor Koch’s “New York Uprising Heroes of Reform” pledge as the Senate’s first order of business in the New Year.

Senate Democrats encouraged all New Yorkers to sign an online petition at Pass The Pledge, to ensure that the Senate Majority keeps its promise and delivers on reform. The petition calls for action on the New York Uprising reform bills before the Senate moves on to consider other legislation. In his first State of the State address, Governor Cuomo wholeheartedly embraced Mayor Koch’s reform pledge as being among his top priorities for the new session.

Session Begins, Senate

They need to sign something soon because they all go on a 4 week vacation. I swear these people are on vacation more then they are working. Something like what our president does!!

They need to sign something soon because they all go on a 4 week vacation. I swear these people are on vacation more then they are working. Something like what our president does!!

I'll show you Obama's vacation days if you show me Bush's.

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

Link:
President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

Link:

hey bimbo,, they were talking about CONGRESS.. knee jerk much doyahuh?

In no way am I defending the antics, but I see this manuever as a message to the congressional tea party reps who signed their pledge and have held Boehner's feet to the fire because of it.

Yep, 53 of them have signed on to reject the House debt ceiling plan. Was't someone whining about pledges yesterday?

mmmmeeehhh..........its the duplicity and outright dishonesty of the media that gets me, they provide the run blocking back drop for all of this nonsense. they don't get called on their shit but if the House makes a peep, the floodgates open.

the house passed a bill 2 weeks ago, the senate ala Reid used a table motion to hold a worthless vote, to TABLE the bill so there would not even be a debate, if there is debate then you need a cloture vote which harry may have lost, which then would have gotten to either a DEMOCRATIC filibuster or a real up and down vote which Reid and Obama would have lost....so they killed it in chambers......whos playing politics?

yet the bubble heads here and basically 80% of the public don't even realize it, because, they the media are lineman for obama, hes got to come out of this as clean as possible....so now matter what happen s, the house the rep house will be setup as the failure to make anything happen.....

next up- even if boehner passes the bill today, when the downgrade comes its because the reps took to much time OR heres the best- they didn't cut enough OR were to intransigent to do a deal were Real cuts could have taken place.........you'll see.... hows that for lunatic political ass covering media coverage?

Last edited:
This was what my search engine provieded on the search "53 senarors sign pledge"
Session Begins, Senate “Heroes of Reform” Say: Keep Your Promise: Pass the Pledge
Posted by Daniel L. Squadron on Monday, January 10th, 2011
Share This:

Senate Reformers Urge New Yorkers to Join the Call for Immediate

Action on Mayor Koch’s New York Uprising Heroes of Reform Pledge

53 of 62 Senators Signed Pledge Before Election; Governor Cuomo

Highlighted Reform Pledge in State of State as a Priority

(Albany, NY) – On the first day of State Senate session, Senators designated “Heroes of Reform” by Mayor Ed Koch called on Majority Leader Dean Skelos and Senate leadership today to keep their promise and pass Mayor Koch’s “New York Uprising Heroes of Reform” pledge as the Senate’s first order of business in the New Year.

Senate Democrats encouraged all New Yorkers to sign an online petition at Pass The Pledge, to ensure that the Senate Majority keeps its promise and delivers on reform. The petition calls for action on the New York Uprising reform bills before the Senate moves on to consider other legislation. In his first State of the State address, Governor Cuomo wholeheartedly embraced Mayor Koch’s reform pledge as being among his top priorities for the new session.

Session Begins, Senate

harry reid has announced with the backing of his caucus the bill is doa....you seriously need me to go link to that?

Link:

hey bimbo,, they were talking about CONGRESS.. knee jerk much doyahuh?

The President is part of Congress now? Since when?

Obama made it quite clear that he will not permit the TeaBots in Congress to decide for the other 80% of Congress what the consensus will be. Nor should he.

Obama made it quite clear that he will not permit the TeaBots in Congress to decide for the other 80% of Congress what the consensus will be. Nor should he.

oooooooooooooooooooo, THE BOYKING SPEAKETH.

IF WE DEFAULT folks it will be BECAUSE of statements like above and the way they think it is RIGHT.

Last edited:
Obama changes his mind within 24 hours frequently. He'll then claim victory, because he wisely stepped away from negoiating.

IF WE DEFAULT folks it will be BECAUSE of statements like above and the way they think it is RIGHT.

1/5th of a Congress will not decide for the rest of America. Obama has made it clear he will veto the bill and go to the people on the issue. The overwhelming majority of Americans do not like the Tea Party and will blame it and punish it accordingly.

1/5th of a Congress will not decide for the rest of America. Obama has made it clear he will veto the bill and go to the people on the issue. The overwhelming majority of Americans do not like the Tea Party and will blame it and punish it accordingly.

So those elections last fall didn't mean a thing? Actually the Republican bill DOES go to the people with a balanced budget amendment. Why so scared?

New Topics

Forum List

Back