53% of Americans Think Republicans are Too Extreme

Republicans have lost 4 of the last 6 Presidential elections.

Republicans have lost 5 of the last 6 Presidential popular votes.

Republicans have lost moderates in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections.

So I guess the answer might be "yes."

Or at least stop being a party so beholden to its base.

Toro, you know how this goes.
Not a democrat nor a member of LULAC could be counted on to look into the future and see how really bad it's going to get in Obama's second term. They have to be not only shown but actually have their noses rubbed in it.
You'll hear America singing a different tune in about a year from now when the free goodies fail to materialize and Obama's spending hits critical mass. The pendulum ALWAYS swings back. I just hope there is something left to swing back to.

I hope the pendulum swings back, but don't assume it will certainly happen. The Democrats held the House for 40 years. We heard all the same apocalyptic scenarios in 08 that didn't happen. If the Republicans don't get competitive, then we can have a long period of Democrat rule. And I think that's a bad thing.

Politics is about attaining power and implementing as much of your agenda as possible, not being ideologically pure and getting all or none. The Republican party today reminds me of the Democrats in the 70s and 80s.

Truth is, Toro, if you are under 35 (Obama's base being young people and freeloaders) you don't remember what this country used to be. You look around at the squalid mess that is todays politics, featuring a snarky, smart-assed 'president' that derides his colleagues AND his constituents like an immature grade-schooler, a congress that only cares about their next raise, political parties being run by Creme de la Cream babies that were brought up to believe there are no winners and no losers and self-esteem is more important than integrity and you think this is how it's supposed to be.
You don't remember a time when we weren't afraid all the time. You don't remember a time when a president, no matter what party, was a guy to be looked up to, not be embarrassed by. You don't remember when the working man had a fair shot and the dollar was worth something.
It's a shame we taught our children to be such crumbs, to think Mommy and Daddy owe them health insurance til they're 26, who have no interest in tryng to make things better because it's just too hard.
I wish they could have seen my America. Warts and all. It would make them ashamed (can we even have that emotion anymore?) that they've settled so cheaply and for so little.

Last edited:
Who cares what Americans think at this point?! They showed how much they thought when they re-elected Obama.

Are you retarded? I care. The fact that Americans see the GOP as too extreme is a great thing for America. If you don't like how your fellow citizens voted, don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Shut the fuck up. You don't even realize how extreme you are, extremely stupid that is. You think anyone who cares about freedom is extreme. Go fuck yourself, asshole!

My goodness. A hissy fit.

Toro, you know how this goes.
Not a democrat nor a member of LULAC could be counted on to look into the future and see how really bad it's going to get in Obama's second term. They have to be not only shown but actually have their noses rubbed in it.
You'll hear America singing a different tune in about a year from now when the free goodies fail to materialize and Obama's spending hits critical mass. The pendulum ALWAYS swings back. I just hope there is something left to swing back to.

I hope the pendulum swings back, but don't assume it will certainly happen. The Democrats held the House for 40 years. We heard all the same apocalyptic scenarios in 08 that didn't happen. If the Republicans don't get competitive, then we can have a long period of Democrat rule. And I think that's a bad thing.

Politics is about attaining power and implementing as much of your agenda as possible, not being ideologically pure and getting all or none. The Republican party today reminds me of the Democrats in the 70s and 80s.

Truth is, Toro, if you are under 35 (Obama's base being young people and freeloaders) you don't remember what this country used to be. You look around at the squalid mess that is todays politics, featuring a snarky, smart-assed 'president' that derides his colleagues AND his constituents like an immature grade-schooler, a congress that only cares about their next raise, political partys being run by Creme de la Cream babies that were brought up to believe there are no winners and no losers and self-esteem is more important than integrity and you think this is how it's supposed to be.
You don't remember a time when we weren't afraid all the time. You don't remember a time when a president, no matter what party, was a guy to be looked up to, not be embarrassed by. You don't remember when the working man had a fair shot and the dollar was worth something.
It's a shame we taught our children to be such crumbs, to think Mommy and Daddy owe them health insurance til they're 26, who have no interest in tryng to make things better because it's just too hard.
I wish they could have seen my America. Warts and all. It would make them ashamed (can we even have that emotion anymore?) that they've settled so cheaply and for so little.

I see you came from the same time as me......you know, everything changes. That's the natural order of the universe. Unfortunately, as Yeats said so well:

Things fall apart; The center does not hold.

Things are quickly falling apart in this country. Very quickly.

Or, as T.S. Elliot stated:

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang, but a whimper

Thanks for your post. I had began to believe that I was the only person left alive who remembered "America"

God bless you!

Last edited:

Truth is, Toro, if you are under 35 (Obama's base being young people and freeloaders) you don't remember what this country used to be. You look around at the squalid mess that is todays politics, featuring a snarky, smart-assed 'president' that derides his colleagues AND his constituents like an immature grade-schooler, a congress that only cares about their next raise, political partys being run by Creme de la Cream babies that were brought up to believe there are no winners and no losers and self-esteem is more important than integrity and you think this is how it's supposed to be.

I see you came from the same time as me......you know, everything changes. That's the natural order of the universe. Unfortunately, as Yeats said so well:

Thanks for your post. I had began to believe that I was the only person left alive who remembered "America"

God bless you!

Silly ass whining bastards. Not a brain between you. Older than both of you. Yes, I remember how it was in the late 40's, 50's, and 60's. We had people like Joe McCarthy and Westbrook Pegler. We had thieves and killers. But we also had only 150 million people in this nation then. More wide open spaces equals more freedom.

As for the world ending, Daveboy, you are a drama queen. Disappointed by yesterday?:lol:

God bless you!

Back to ya, Buddy. Been a long time since I read 'The Stand'. How is old Randall these days? Somewhere in the upper eschelons of Government unless I miss my guessl:D

God bless you!

Silly ass whining bastards. Not a brain between you. Older than both of you. Yes, I remember how it was in the late 40's, 50's, and 60's. We had people like Joe McCarthy and Westbrook Pegler. We had thieves and killers. But we also had only 150 million people in this nation then. More wide open spaces equals more freedom.

As for the world ending, Daveboy, you are a drama queen. Disappointed by yesterday?:lol:

I DID say warts and all. Nice thing was we didn't have to hear quite as much from people like you, either.:D

Gee, if you change the name from "Obama" to "Bush" in the reference to spending and you have what liberals were saying at the beginning of Bush's second term. And you know what, there really wasn't anything left to swing back to. When Obama took office the economy was in freefall, the auto industry was about to go out of business, and foreclosures had reached record numbers. Oh, and the entire world's banking system was in crisis.

Think where we would be now if there was some way W could have stolen another election.

Gee, if you change the name from "Obama" to "Bush" in the reference to spending and you have what liberals were saying at the beginning of Bush's second term. And you know what, there really wasn't anything left to swing back to. When Obama took office the economy was in freefall, the auto industry was about to go out of business, and foreclosures had reached record numbers. Oh, and the entire world's banking system was in crisis.

Think where we would be now if there was some way W could have stolen another election.
What exactly did Bush do to triggor the crisis?

What exactly did Bush do to triggor the crisis?
According to the left his being elected did it before that we never had a debt problem to hear them tell it the little fact that as a nation the only time we have been debt free was for a year under Andrew Jackson they seem to forget.

God bless you!

I DID say warts and all. Nice thing was we didn't have to hear quite as much from people like you, either.:D

Yep, and there were many warts. As a Black man, I have a suspicion that I have seen more "warts" than most of you here. This country is in FAR worse condition than it was then.

But unlike you, and those like you, the majority of Americans "back then" tried to work together for the common good. I also notice that several of you "old-timers" constantly bring up Joe McCarthy. I remember Joe McCarthy as well. He was a paranoid, joke of a man who was concerned for his country.

Did he haul YOU before Congress? Or did you luck out and stay under the radar?

You can thank Bill Clintons 106th lame duck congress for rescinding the Glass -Steagall act that allowed Gordon Gecko to gamble with George Bailey's money.
I never thought I'd see a time when ole Dubya looked good to me, but By God they managed it, somehow.:D

Forum List

Back