52 Days, 52 Mistakes

Hey Kirky, when are you going to update that stupid fucking debt chart of yours? I would like to see where Obama fits in on there.

Big difference between deficit spending in an economic emergency and deficit spending on a hole in the desert.

If it weren't for Reagan, Bush, and Phil Gramm, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'd think a lot of credit would have to go to Carter, Clinton, Dodd, Franks, and Waters. :rolleyes:

You mean to say that democrat policies are to blame for this mess as well?
Get the fuck out! :cool:

What do you believe the Federal Reserve's role in creating this crisis was?

Very little.

The crisis was created by derivative "financial instruments of mass destruction" as Warren Buffet called them. The same thing happened in the 1929 when stocks could be purchased at a low margin. A derivative is the same thing.

Buffet predicted all this 6 years ago.....

Derivatives are the new ticking time bomb - MarketWatch

So the institution that centrally plans our economy had little to do with it's collapse? Nonsense.

The Fed created the business cycle which led to this recession.

Please read the article I posted.

Like I said, very few people even know about derivatives, and how they brought about the collapse.

Phil Gramm snuck a deregulation amendment into a spending bill on the day before Christmas recess in 1999. Clinton signed the bill without understanding the implications of it.
So you are saying Clinton was both stupid and incompitent and caused all of today's problems through his short comings.

Interesting.

I'd think a lot of credit would have to go to Carter, Clinton, Dodd, Franks, and Waters. :rolleyes:

not for kirky. the dem's have never done anything wrong. he wonders why we call him Monica.

The Dems have done a lot wrong.

Vietnam, welfare, public housing, etc....

But the Republicans have almost destroyed America.

But this time welfare and public housing are going to work better? :cuckoo: Not too mention a government that does such a grand job of things like the above, is going to go one up on a health care system? Face it, we are so screwed.

Phil Gramm snuck a deregulation amendment into a spending bill on the day before Christmas recess in 1999. Clinton signed the bill without understanding the implications of it.
So you are saying Clinton was both stupid and incompitent and caused all of today's problems through his short comings.

Interesting.

clinton and chris must be having a lover's spat.

not for kirky. the dem's have never done anything wrong. he wonders why we call him Monica.

The Dems have done a lot wrong.

Vietnam, welfare, public housing, etc....

But the Republicans have almost destroyed America.

But this time welfare and public housing are going to work better? :cuckoo: Not too mention a government that does such a grand job of things like the above, is going to go one up on a health care system? Face it, we are so screwed.

No. Obama will save us. just ask chrissie.

Very little.

The crisis was created by derivative "financial instruments of mass destruction" as Warren Buffet called them. The same thing happened in the 1929 when stocks could be purchased at a low margin. A derivative is the same thing.

Buffet predicted all this 6 years ago.....

Derivatives are the new ticking time bomb - MarketWatch

So the institution that centrally plans our economy had little to do with it's collapse? Nonsense.

Like I said, very few people even know about derivatives, and how they brought about the collapse.

Please read up about how artificially low interest rates and inflation are policies by the Federal Reserve that were the main cause of this downturn.

Interesting.

clinton and chris must be having a lover's spat.
According to him, ol Bubba was a moron, didn't understand what he signed into law, and didn't notice it in a bill.

Pretty insulting to say ol Bill was so dumb.

Please read up about how artificially low interest rates and inflation are policies by the Federal Reserve that were the main cause of this downturn.

you're going to confuse him with that kind of logic.

Interest rates did not create a $519 trillion dollar bubble.

Like I said, very few people except for Buffett really understand what happened.

Interest rates did not create a $519 trillion dollar bubble.

Like I said, very few people except for Buffett really understand what happened.

Artificially low interest rates lead to malinvestment.

Austrian economists clearly understand what happened, considering they very accurately predicted it.

Too Funny! Or Not.

Don Surber » Blog Archive » 52 days, 52 mistakes

52 days, 52 mistakes
Let me count them up, in no particular order. Some are big. Some are small.

We all make mistakes. Here’s his:

1. A do-over on the oath of office.
2. Tim Geithner.
3. Bill Richardson.
4. Tom Daschle.
5. Eric “Nation of Cowards” Holder.
6. Leon Panetta.

14. Letting Nancy Pelosi write the $787 billion “stimulus’ plan.
15. Relying on Tim Geithner to explain it.
16. It is a $13-a-week stimulus, or as his wife said of Bush’s plan: “You’re getting $600. What can you do with that? Not to be ungrateful or anything. But maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn’t pay down every bill every month.”
17. Going to a press conference without a TelePrompTer. I… Uhh… Umm… Could you repeat the question?
18. Using a TelePrompTer at a press conference. Big boys don’t need training wheels.
19. “Good evening, everybody. Please be seated. Before I take your questions tonight, I’d like to speak briefly.” 1,228 words later he took his first question.
20. Going after Rush Limbaugh.
21. Going after Rick Santelli.
22. Going after Jim Cramer.
23. “Never waste a good crisis.”
24. Obama supporter Warren Buffett: “I don’t think anybody on December 7th would have said a ‘war is a terrible thing to waste, and therefore we’re going to try and ram through a whole bunch of things and — but we expect to — expect the other party to unite behind us on the — on the big problem.’ It’s just a mistake, I think.”

Plenty more...

Only 52???

I think you need to read even more rightwing blogs than you do now.

Personally, I'm dissapointed that the controversy over the japanese meat on white house dinner menu, and the fake hawaiin birth certificate didn't make the list.

If you don't make mistakes you don't make anything. So my advice, more mistakes please. Let's do that so we know what the right thing to do is. This is a lesson the last buffoon in office never learned as I recall he never regretted any decisions. Keep the mistakes coming, we'll get America back on track soon.

Churchill quote.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Last edited:
Well, we will see how well President Obama has done in about two years. However, even if we are out of the woods, and the economy is booming, you people will find something to bitch about. Like two terms for President Obama.

At least we are not making shit up like you all did with Bush. Remind us how Bush lied by believing EXACTLY what every other Country in the free world believed?

Pure crock of shit.

There is an important distortion and a significant piece of misdirection that is now occurring with regard to David Kay's recent statements and the purported "intelligence failures" about Iraq's non-existent WMD threat. This editorial in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune captures the issue very accurately:

Kay paints a picture of Iraq falling apart from 1998 onward: Saddam Hussein was in la la land, writing bad novels even as the nation was on the eve of war. Corrupt Iraqi weapons scientists would go to Saddam with WMD schemes, get a big bankroll, then spend it on other things. Most of Iraq's WMD materials had been destroyed because Iraq believed U.N. weapons inspectors would find them and because they feared disclosures by Saddam's son-in-law following his defection in 1995.
The large question is why American and British intelligence didn't know these things. Kay says it was because intelligence officials grew complacent during the years of U.N. weapons inspections. They could evaluate a satellite image, then ask inspectors to check out anything suspicious. But when the inspectors left in 1998, there were few indigenous sources to fill the gap.

That sounds plausible, but there is more to the story. The Clinton administration was getting the same intelligence, yet it, reasonably, did not head off to the United Nations to warn that Iraq needed to be invaded yesterday. It wanted to take out Osama bin Laden; Saddam was a secondary concern.

That suggests someone in the Bush administration made an early decision to put the most dangerous possible spin on what Iraq intelligence was available. Information that was tentative became certain; equipment that might have numerous uses became certified WMD material; rumors became fact.

Recall what was happening at the U.N. Security Council prior to the war. France, Russia and Germany weren't denying that Saddam might pose a risk; they disputed that the risk was imminent; they disputed that war -- especially immediate war -- was the only alternative.
History News Network

Forum List

Back