5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

Two full grown police officers can't subdue a kid that weighs 110 pounds? Common sense no longer exists in this country. And after this story, how many more kids will run in fear of the police? I realize cops in general have a tough job. Those in the inner cities have it even tougher. But we see the over use of force so often, I think we just become numb to it.

• Banned
Unless they put a weapon in this kids hand, there is no excuse. No excuse for two qualified police officers not to be able to handle a 110lb suspect without resorting to a weapon.

Unless they put a weapon in this kids hand, there is no excuse. No excuse for two qualified police officers not to be able to handle a 110lb suspect without resorting to a weapon.

Do you know the size, weight and gender of the arresting officers?

No, the stupid thing is that the cops get in trouble no matter how they handle a situation.

That is utter nonsense. Police handle this crap all day, everyday, all over the country. They handle situation after situation properly. When they do so, there are no problems, which is almost always.

You want to try to provide any support for that load of crap you just spit out?

No, the stupid thing is that the cops get in trouble no matter how they handle a situation.
Well, since his only "crime" was resisting arrest I think death was too big of a punishment.

Anything can kill you ... and I mean ANYTHING. What if they had just wrangled him up, then he hit his head and died from that? Or perhaps being so skinny a rib got snapped and punctured a lung? He could have over exerted himself resisting and had a heart attack anyway ... so many ways he could have died. The cops do their best, tasers have shown to be the "least dangerous" method, you can't hold them responsible for doing their damned job. 9 out of 10 times people resist arrest it's usually because they have something to hide, often a weapon that would kill a lot more innocent people. People hear "cops kills ..." and immediately ignore all other possibilities and find reasons to hang the cops. Here's a bit of fact for you, their job is to uphold the laws we all chose to have them enforce, you can't hang everyone who does their job and expect the cops to continue to do their damned job. If you like Anarchy, fine, but it's not a pretty alternative. I've seen what happens when cops are more worried about getting sued for something stupid like this, and it's not fun.

I wonder if there's too much reliance on non hand to hand these days with cops and my wonder spreads across the world, not just the US. I keep reading reports of some fairly quick use of oc spray (and tazer where it's issued) instead of hand to hand grappling. Okay I could be a dinosaur but for me it's time to use a baton or spray or a tazer when you've failed to subdue the person with hand to hand force. I've had enough fights in my time to know that you're knackered in about three to four minutes of a really intense physical struggle unless you're extremely fit and strong so I can see where baton/spray/tazer might be deployed reasonably but I don't see any of those as being a first resort. One of the problems with batons/spray/tazer is that once deployed (well not so much with a baton) you have no control over the effect. If you go hand to hand you can judge how much force you put into a blow or a hold or a twist or a grapple of some sort and you can turn it on or off as you need to, feedback from the person you're struggling with is very important so that you can stay within reasonable force requirements. But once you let go spray or tazer then you've deployed a force which you no longer have control over and you can't adjust the reaction on the subject.

Police handle this crap all day, everyday, all over the country. They handle situation after situation properly. When they do so, there are no problems, which is almost always.

Yes. Usually the tasered suspect doesn't die.

The facts are often ignored to demonize the police. Hell, I've been electrocuted several times from wall sockets and I still live, and my weight proportions are about the same. The cops had no idea it would kill the kid, the kid simply should not have resisted, period.

Forum List

Back