51 year old single woman has IVF for 2nd child

This is just bitter old fart, Rikurzhen minding other people's business.
Oh the irony!

Typical of Peeping Tom RWs is that they want to control other people's sex lives. They want sharia law - law based on their religious beliefs.

Abortion, marriage equality, transgender, and now, apparently having children after some magic age - get out other people's bedrooms. If its between consenting adults and harms no one else, get government out of our private lives.

Like it or not, that's my opinion.
Fertitlity treatments are her sex life?

You must be really lonely :lol:

Its her private life.

If she's not harming anyone, its her business.

I wish people would get this upset about dead beat dads but of course, that's all about children so not nearly as important and valued as fetuses.
Don't run from the fact you said it was sex and happening in her bedroom

Really, go buy a Cosmo

Oh the irony!

Typical of Peeping Tom RWs is that they want to control other people's sex lives. They want sharia law - law based on their religious beliefs.

Abortion, marriage equality, transgender, and now, apparently having children after some magic age - get out other people's bedrooms. If its between consenting adults and harms no one else, get government out of our private lives.

Its her private life.

I wish people would get this upset about dead beat dads but of course, that's all about children so not nearly as important and valued as fetuses.

Is it also ok for her to have a physician amputate one of the limbs on the fetus? The baby, when it's born, won't know any better, won't know what it's like to have two legs, so what business is it of ours to interfere?

I missed that and yes, I definitely feel differently knowing that fact.

I'll go read it but why in the world would a doctor amputate a limb of her fetus?

Oh the irony!

Its her private life.

Don't run from the fact you said it was sex and happening in her bedroom

Really, go buy a Cosmo

I also mentioned "abortion, marriage equality, transgender". Are you saying I meant she is also all of those?

You're being stupid for the sake of being stupid.

Yes women having babies is destroying America. Oh wait was she not white?

Celebration helps to shift norms. We don't need to be encouraging single motherhood, single motherhood at the age of 51 nor motherhood at the age of 51. This should be frowned upon.

Secondly, births via donated gametes are a violation of the human rights of the child, as noted in the UN Treaty on the Human Rights of the Child in that this woman's choice deprives the child of knowing his father.

The age issue though is troubling. A mother of a 10 year old at age 62. Getting social security and being a mother of a 13 year old.
What do you suggest? Flog her?

Oh the irony!

Its her private life.

Is it also ok for her to have a physician amputate one of the limbs on the fetus? The baby, when it's born, won't know any better, won't know what it's like to have two legs, so what business is it of ours to interfere?

I'll go read it but why in the world would a doctor amputate a limb of her fetus?

Post the actual quote where it says her 'physician amputated one of the limbs on the fetus'.

Don't dance around. Just post it.

Oh the irony!

Its her private life.

You didn't miss anything. There is no limb amputation. What there is is the risk of severe psychological trauma to children who are born divorced from their genetic parents. We see this can be very crippling for some adopted children and now IVF children are coming of age and some are facing severe life-long trauma. This is the Russian Roulette aspect of the problem. Not every adopted child is traumatized, some turn out just fine. The problem is we can't predict which child will be OK with having their identity stripped from them and which will be harmed, hence Russian Roulette. Similarly, children born with a birth defect, say only one limb, face similar issues - some kids adapt and are fine with living with only one leg and others are burdened their entire life. Why would a parent PURPOSELY gamble with such a handicap, purposely create a situation where the child faces a risk of psychological trauma?

Yes women having babies is destroying America. Oh wait was she not white?

Celebration helps to shift norms. We don't need to be encouraging single motherhood, single motherhood at the age of 51 nor motherhood at the age of 51. This should be frowned upon.

Secondly, births via donated gametes are a violation of the human rights of the child, as noted in the UN Treaty on the Human Rights of the Child in that this woman's choice deprives the child of knowing his father.

The age issue though is troubling. A mother of a 10 year old at age 62. Getting social security and being a mother of a 13 year old.
What do you suggest? Flog her?

Shame her. Apply social disapproval, just like we do against racists and people who disparage homosexuals.

Oh the irony!

Its her private life.

Post the actual quote where it says her 'physician amputated one of the limbs on the fetus'.

Why are you commenting in threads where you haven't read either the OP or closely read the comments you're responding to?

If you have reading comprehension problems go and get remedial help and stop wasting other people's time.

Oh the irony!

Its her private life.

Why are you commenting in threads where you haven't read either the OP or closely read the comments you're responding to?

If you have reading comprehension problems go and get remedial help and stop wasting other people's time.

Just giving you the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, I thought I had missed it. I should have realized it was just another of your lies.

:anj_stfu: :ahole-1:

Its her private life.

You didn't miss anything. There is no limb amputation. What there is is the risk of severe psychological trauma to children who are born divorced from their genetic parents. We see this can be very crippling for some adopted children and now IVF children are coming of age and some are facing severe life-long trauma. This is the Russian Roulette aspect of the problem. Not every adopted child is traumatized, some turn out just fine. The problem is we can't predict which child will be OK with having their identity stripped from them and which will be harmed, hence Russian Roulette. Similarly, children born with a birth defect, say only one limb, face similar issues - some kids adapt and are fine with living with only one leg and others are burdened their entire life. Why would a parent PURPOSELY gamble with such a handicap, purposely create a situation where the child faces a risk of psychological trauma?

It depends on the quality of the parenting, don't you think? You can have two parents, but if they're both crappy, well then . . . . I think most people who can afford IVF are well enough off that they can afford the child, and it also shows that they really desire to be parents. I don't see a problem with it, and I'm happy for people who might not otherwise be able to have children, that they have this option.

Its her private life.

It depends on the quality of the parenting, don't you think? You can have two parents, but if they're both crappy, well then . . . . I think most people who can afford IVF are well enough off that they can afford the child, and it also shows that they really desire to be parents. I don't see a problem with it, and I'm happy for people who might not otherwise be able to have children, that they have this option.

I haven't see any evidence of a correlation between quality of parenting and yearning for identity. It's a luck of the draw type of outcome. Some kids don't need to know and others feel a hole inside them that can never be filled.

We can be happy for people, or sad for them, but their desire for happiness should not be bought at the risk of harming a child. That's just wrong. An adult's desire for children cannot take precedence over the child's rights to know who he is and to be raised by his parents. Other societies understand this and they find the proper balance between parental aspirations to be a parent and a child's human rights. We don't, we're causing mountains of harm to innocent kids simply because adults want to be parents. That's wrong.

Its her private life.

I haven't see any evidence of a correlation between quality of parenting and yearning for identity. It's a luck of the draw type of outcome. Some kids don't need to know and others feel a hole inside them that can never be filled.

We can be happy for people, or sad for them, but their desire for happiness should not be bought at the risk of harming a child. That's just wrong. An adult's desire for children cannot take precedence over the child's rights to know who he is and to be raised by his parents. Other societies understand this and they find the proper balance between parental aspirations to be a parent and a child's human rights. We don't, we're causing mountains of harm to innocent kids simply because adults want to be parents. That's wrong.

Oh come on! You are totally exaggerating. You cannot possibly know these things for sure, number one. Even a study would have a difficult time making such correlations. Depression and things like that can be caused from any number of things, and a lot of times the depressed person doesn't even know why they're depressed. And this is a FREE country. Just what are you suggesting?

Forum List

Back