51 Hours Left to Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmdr Sheppard

Rookie
Mar 6, 2011
I saw this thread on Facepunch and found it interesting, so now I'm sharing it. A man is going to commit suicide in 51 hours, well actually about 34 hours now, and he's online answering questions about his life, his disease, assisted suicide, and various other things, before he pulls the plug on himself.

The man, known as 'Lucidending' on Reddit is suffering from an incurable form of cancer and is in a lot of pain, and so he wants to just end his suffering now with dignity. He lives in Oregon, where it is legal to kill yourself under certain circumstances, and his doctor is setting things up so all he has to do is push a button and he'll be injected with drugs that will kill him.

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fy6yz/51_hours_left_to_live/

Fucking Oregon.

Try to talk him out of it. *Legal* suicides are still just suicides, and *assisted* suicide is just legalized murder.

Fucking Oregon.

Try to talk him out of it. *Legal* suicides are still just suicides, and *assisted* suicide is just legalized murder.

You would think of it like that.
I hope you never have to live through what this man is living through.
No one should be forced to go through that if they don't have to.

I'm given medication by the doctor to self administer. I already have the iv so it should be easy. I don't have a home, it was consumed in medical bills. I have made final arrangements. Last thought is too personal sorry. No religious beliefs to mention
This is from his posts. I really like the fact he lost his house. I hope he has a peaceful death, and goes quickly.

Fucking Oregon.

Fuck off, you crack whore. You have no idea of what I've had to live through or what I've witnessed.

BTW, everyone can opt to kill themselves at any time. When the state condones it, it's just state sponsored murder. You should look into the egregious abuses that went on in the Netherlands when they decided to embrace eugenics. Er..I mean, euthanasia. Particularly post-birth abortion and non-consensual euthanasia. Not that you would care, I'm sure you have no problem with the slaughter of people who are viewed as a burden to someone..anyone...even themselves...

Fucking Oregon.

Fuck off, you crack whore. You have no idea of what I've had to live through or what I've witnessed.

BTW, everyone can opt to kill themselves at any time. When the state condones it, it's just state sponsored murder. You should look into the egregious abuses that went on in the Netherlands when they decided to embrace eugenics. Er..I mean, euthanasia. Particularly post-birth abortion and non-consensual euthanasia. Not that you would care, I'm sure you have no problem with the slaughter of people who are viewed as a burden to someone..anyone...even themselves...

crack whore? really?
I deal with end of life care every day in my job, death is terrible. If people want to die, the state should not be allowed to tell them what they and their doctor can do.

crack whore? really?
I deal with end of life care every day in my job, death is terrible. If people want to die, the state should not be allowed to tell them what they and their doctor can do.

The state never did, you retard. That's a lie perpetrated by people who want to practice genetic engineering and eugenics.

They count on brain-dead Lusers, btw.

crack whore? really?

The state never did, you retard. That's a lie perpetrated by people who want to practice genetic engineering and eugenics.

They count on brain-dead Lusers, btw.
Really, the state never said assisted suicide is illegal?
And I had no idea death with dignity translated into eugenics.

You should look into the egregious abuses that went on in the Netherlands when they decided to embrace eugenics. Er..I mean, euthanasia.

Helping a dying man to end his life on his own terms instead of suffering and waiting to die at the whim of his disease is not eugenics.

Someone help me understand where the fuck personal politics even fits into a story like this.

Dude doesn't want to be alive anymore.

Fuck your opinions.

You should look into the egregious abuses that went on in the Netherlands when they decided to embrace eugenics. Er..I mean, euthanasia.

Helping a dying man to end his life on his own terms instead of suffering and waiting to die at the whim of his disease is not eugenics.

Sure it's not. And it's just a coinicidence that the biggest and best support for *assisted suicide* comes from places and people who support eugenics.
:lol:

Someone help me understand where the fuck personal politics even fits into a story like this.

Fuck your opinions.

Fuck your opinion.

Dude doesn't want to live anymore and opt out of the politics of it, dude would OD on heroin (and I'm sure Luser would be ok w/helping him score) or blast his brains out.

Dude enlists the assistance of other people, opens up a chatline on the internet, dude is political.

Fucking Oregon.

How about you say that when you have untreatable terminal cancer, can't even get out of your hospital bed, are a burden on your family, and are in excruciating pain?

Fascinating. He doesn't believe in an afterlife and he's scared to death. He's gotten over 2000 replies from all corners of the globe. Here's one:

It looks like he's gotten approval from several doctors. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fucking Oregon.

How about you say that when you have untreatable terminal cancer, can't even get out of your hospital bed, are a burden on your family, and are in excruciating pain?

I took care of a guy this summer, had no family. I would go to his house for three hours a day. I would come at 11am every day, one morning I found him on his living room floor. He had been on the floor since 6pm the night before, and had been sitting in his own BM for most of that time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And if he wanted to kill himself, I sure as hell wouldn't want my state tell him he couldn't.

Fuck your opinions.

Fuck your opinion.

Dude doesn't want to live anymore and opt out of the politics of it, dude would OD on heroin (and I'm sure Luser would be ok w/helping him score) or blast his brains out.

Dude enlists the assistance of other people, opens up a chatline on the internet, dude is political.

He is educating people about doctor assisted suicide. A lot of people don't know much about it because few know people who have done it. He is also trying to make others lives better through his death by sharing experiences and reminiscing.

Fuck your opinions.

Fuck your opinion.

He is educating people about doctor assisted suicide. A lot of people don't know much about it because few know people who have done it. He is also trying to make others lives better through his death by sharing experiences and reminiscing.

So he's political.
Thanks.

Fucking Oregon.

I took care of a guy this summer, had no family. I would go to his house for three hours a day. I would come at 11am every day, one morning I found him on his living room floor. He had been on the floor since 6pm the night before, and had been sitting in his own BM for most of that time. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And if he wanted to kill himself, I sure as hell wouldn't want my state tell him he couldn't.

The state could care less if he killed himself. It is the state's job, however, to prosecute others who would kill him.

BTW, life is full of crap episodes; my dad fell into an outhouse when he was 3 and spent an unpleasant period of time in shit up to his neck before his mother finally found him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, either. But I wouldn't kill them to save them from the risk of it ever happening again. Just because it's unpleasant for you to think about doesn't mean you get to off all the people in misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back