51% chance Dems keep the Senate

Good question. I call bullshit whether the mom is 65 or not.

Pretty low to use one's mother to try and score a dopey message board point.

I am not trying to score anything.
I'm not lying.
Most of you all know me here and you know that's not how I am on this board.
I try my best to get correct information out and when I get things wrong or incorrect I say so and admit it.
I told you what really happened to my Mom.
It is a true fact.
My Mom was on the same brand name of blood pressure medication for 15 years.
When the New Health Care Bill passed her Dr. changed her meds to 2 different types of generic drugs and it did almost kill her.
The new bill encourages Doctors to try generic drugs to save money.
I get it and it's fine if you can use the generic types.
My mother couldn't and she would have never have gotten off the meds she was on for so many years if it wasn't for the push to use generic drugs when the New Health Care Bill passed.
She is fine now but it took 2 months for her to get back to normal.
She was under quite a bit of stress because of it.
None or our senior's should have to be put under such stress because of any bills that congress passes be it Republican or Democrat.

You're still lying. Her doctor should know what drugs she's allergic to, plus her insurance company has been pushing for generic drugs all along.

Did she fall through the donut hole? Is that why she couldn't afford her usual meds? The donut hole that the ACA eliminated?

Sorry, no.

Insurance companies ARE forcing patients to go through a progression to use certain drugs.

I take Nexium, I had to use a nexum generic FIRST, if the Dr. documented that it did not work...and he did, then they approved my Nexium.

Also the "donut hole" has NOT been eliminated yet.

It will not be closed until 2020.

I am not trying to score anything.
I'm not lying.
Most of you all know me here and you know that's not how I am on this board.
I try my best to get correct information out and when I get things wrong or incorrect I say so and admit it.
I told you what really happened to my Mom.
It is a true fact.
My Mom was on the same brand name of blood pressure medication for 15 years.
When the New Health Care Bill passed her Dr. changed her meds to 2 different types of generic drugs and it did almost kill her.
The new bill encourages Doctors to try generic drugs to save money.
I get it and it's fine if you can use the generic types.
My mother couldn't and she would have never have gotten off the meds she was on for so many years if it wasn't for the push to use generic drugs when the New Health Care Bill passed.
She is fine now but it took 2 months for her to get back to normal.
She was under quite a bit of stress because of it.
None or our senior's should have to be put under such stress because of any bills that congress passes be it Republican or Democrat.

You're still lying. Her doctor should know what drugs she's allergic to, plus her insurance company has been pushing for generic drugs all along.

Did she fall through the donut hole? Is that why she couldn't afford her usual meds? The donut hole that the ACA eliminated?

Sorry, no.

Insurance companies ARE forcing patients to go through a progression to use certain drugs.

I take Nexium, I had to use a nexum generic FIRST, if the Dr. documented that it did not work...and he did, then they approved my Nexium.

Also the "donut hole" has NOT been eliminated yet.

It will not be closed until 2020.

Yes
It has to be proven first as to why you can't take the generic drugs or why they don't work, then you are approved for the brand name.

Instead of calling people liars, read the fkn bill!

Title VII is what [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] is talking about.

And all of you owe her an apology.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Title VII - Wikisource, the free online library

Sorry, MeBelle, but we don't owe the liar anything.

The link you posted refers to biosimilar drugs - drugs that are similar in composition and effect, like penicillin and amoxocillin. A "similar" drug has a "similar" effect. The patient should not have reacted.

Her doctor should have been aware of the patient's history.

And as I've pointed out several times, GENERIC DRUGS HAVE BEEN PROMOTED BY INSURANCE COMPANIES ALL ALONG.

But why a sudden change from one scrip to another? My mom's on medicare, so I know she has the option TO CHOOSE FOR HERSELF which drug she wants. She preferred the more expensive name brand drug, but every year when the Part B donut hole opened up, she went with the generics. (Did you notice that I said every year? Because this has been going on longer than the ACA existed. It goes back to Dubya's "reform.") Fortunately Mommy doesn't have to worry about that this year,

the ACA medicare expansion passed in Ohio.

^^^no such thing exists^^^

Further:

biosimilar
adjective
Referring to a biosimilar therapeutics agent.

noun A biopharmaceutical which is produced by a different manufacturer after the expiration of the patent and marketing exclusivity of an original innovative biological product (e.g., a therapeutic monoclonal antibody).

In contrast to small (non-biological) agents, for which manufacturing an equivalent product is a relatively straightforward chemical process, biosimilars are not produced from the original clones and cell lines used to produce the tested and proven-effective agent; they thus may have therapeutic and metabolic profiles that differ from the clinically tested and proven products.

biosimilar - definition of biosimilar in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Last edited:
The aca forces people to buy ins or face a fine. That's coercion
companies, except those that bribed their way out, must provide ins to full time emps or face a fine. That coercion and corruption

in other words, it is tyranny

No, it's a new regulation.

Are all new regulations tyranny?

OSHA forces brake repair businesses to use specific procedures when dealing with brake pad dust, since it contains cancer-causing properties.

Is that tyranny?

I love to watch the mental gymnastics you people use to defend the Boi King.
I accept your defeat. Although it was inevitable.

Ifin' them thar republicans don't so sometin' on immagrition, they will loose support of minorities...
"Wetback is NOT a racist term, it's a term of endearment. Why, my family has been calling them wetbacks for generations!" ~ the next Republican train wreck

Back in March the figures were looking like a GOP take over. The recent polls have shown that GOP advantage has largely gone down significantly and with a couple polls in Arkansas and Iowa actually favoring the Democrats, the Democrats for the first time in 2014 actually have a slim favor in retaining the senate.

Who Will Win The Senate? ? The Upshot Senate Forecasts ?*NYTimes.com

Improving opinion on Obamacare? Better opinions of Obama? Are Democrats finally getting a chance to spend money on the same level as the Kochs? Who knows...but the trend is certainly positive for the Democrats.

The only shot the Democrats have of keeping the Senate is if the TEA party torpedoes favorite GOP legacy office holders and splits the vote.

Beyond that, get ready for GOP control of the Senate for 2 years. The books should re-balance in 2016 when there are more GOP seats in play and you have an enthusiastic DNC base going to the polls.

Right now, I'd still have to say it's the Republicans to lose. No way they should lose taking the senate, but as moderate voters get to know some of the wacky positions of the Teapublicans, it'll have the effect of re-electing certain Democrats in states where they'd usually lose.

America seems to be over the Tea Party. Even Boehner was mocking them on Friday.

I think the bellweather is McConnell in Kentucky. Seems there's a hunger to throw out some of the old farts and I've never seen him this seriously in trouble before.

If there is a malaise out there for old white guys who seem to be stalling government, it doesn't bode well for Republicans in the fall.

Seems that their fixation on Obamacare and Benghazi and the IRS just haven't materialized or gained any traction outside the right-wing echo chamber, particularly with the news that the IRS was actually looking more at ACORN ripoff groups and other lefty groups, while Tea Party groups were only 3rd on their list.

Right now, I'd still have to say it's the Republicans to lose. No way they should lose taking the senate, but as moderate voters get to know some of the wacky positions of the Teapublicans, it'll have the effect of re-electing certain Democrats in states where they'd usually lose.

America seems to be over the Tea Party. Even Boehner was mocking them on Friday.

I think the bellweather is McConnell in Kentucky. Seems there's a hunger to throw out some of the old farts and I've never seen him this seriously in trouble before.

If there is a malaise out there for old white guys who seem to be stalling government, it doesn't bode well for Republicans in the fall.

Seems that their fixation on Obamacare and Benghazi and the IRS just haven't materialized or gained any traction outside the right-wing echo chamber, particularly with the news that the IRS was actually looking more at ACORN ripoff groups and other lefty groups, while Tea Party groups were only 3rd on their list.

I concur with you on some of this and like how you worded it, alot.

Yes, the McConnell race is likely to be a marquee race this year, not sure how much it means outside of KY. However, with Alison Lundgren in KY and Michelle Nunn in GA, we are looking at two women who have real chances of winning those respective races for the Democratic Party.

Mitch McConnell rode in on the Reagan 1984 re-election landslide wave, barely beating Walt Huddleston (by +0,4%, 49.9% to Huddleston's 49.5%), who served two terms and was elected in KY AGAINST the Nixon 1972 wave. This will be McConnell's sixth senatorial election campaign and he reached his high-water mark in the 2002 mid-terms, having beaten Lois Weinberg in a massive blowout, by +29.4%. If it really looks like Lundgren may be winning, then I bet bottom dollar that Bill Clinton (who is still beloved in much of the Commonwealth) will be campaigning for her, to help her get over the top, if possible.

Also, in presidential politics, until 2008, Kentucky really was a kind of narrow bellwether. From 1964-1996, it went with the national winner in the EV and until 2008 with the winner in the EC. Since 2000, it has been increasingly more Conservative and gave Mitt Romney the largest landslide for a Republican since Nixon in 1972. But Bill Clinton did win in this state twice. If Hillary becomes the DEM nominee (and I am sure she will), then the DEMS will want to capture KY in 2016, and having a Democratic senator from this state would be a leg up for them.

So, yes, I think that a lot of money will go into Kentucky and Georgia this time around.

That being said - and I have written this more than once - also once on this thread - it is definitely ADVANTAGE GOP in this cycle, alone based on the overwhelming trend in electoral history of mid-terms and congressional elections overall.

Once again, I point to these links:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...pared-to-presidential-terms-1855-present.html

(from January 14th, 2014, more than 3 months ago)

-and-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WmxQNjAtOFFvM3p4S3NvTWRGNGc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Go read the op very thoroughly. It proves that regardless of the issues of the day, the opposition party does extraordinarily well in mid-terms, especially in 2nd-presidential term mid-terms. See: Eisenhower 1958, LBJ 1966, Nixon/Ford 1974, Reagan 1986, Bush 43 2006. The notable exception for a 2nd presidential term mid-term is Clinton 1998 and the notable exception for a 1st presidential term mid-term is Bush 43 2002.

Generic polling shows pretty much a patt-situation between the GOP and DEMS in congressional races, but that is not good enough. With the kind of "Gerrymandering" that has been going on, the DEMS need at least a consistent +7 advantage (which they will not have) in order to get the HOR back. I suspect that the GOP will increase it's margin in the HOR by +11 or so. This means that I am sure they will pick up at least 5 seats total, maybe more. The DEMS will pick-up some seats, very likely in California, maybe in Nevada, also in New Mexico, but they will lose seats elsewhere.

In the Senate, the cards are stacked for the GOP to begin with. They only need six pick ups to win, and even if Lundgren (D) wins in KY and/or Nunn (D) wins in Georgia, the GOP has real possibilities in at least 7 or 8 states outside of KY and GA. The state of Michigan could suddenly become VERY important in this cycle. I would be surprised if the GOP doesn't win the Senate, but with such a narrow margin, it will be just as deadlocked in 2015 as it is now.

Remember: a Democrat (me) just once again wrote that this year will be a GOP year. This is totally predictable and absolutely in-line with electoral history.

On a side note, the 2014 Ohio gubernatorial race will also be a marquee race, with wide reaching implications for 2016. Ohio is trending more and more blue, but also losing more and more on electoral firepower. I suspect that after 2020, both Ohio and Georgia will have 17 EV apiece. Right now, it's Ohio 18 / Georgia 16, but in 1964, 50 years ago, Ohio had 26 EV and Georgia had only 12. Times have changed, and Georgia is becoming a real power-player on the presidential electoral map.

So, I will be watching the 2014 elections with great interest, but unless there is a massive paradigm shift and knowing that Democratic voters tend to be far lazier in mid-terms than Republican voters, it really is advantage: GOP in this year.

Last edited:
Americans are still against Ostupidcare. Some polls have it 2 to 1 against. A vast majority of the signups are those whose insurance was cancelled under Ostupidcare rules. Now they are paying more for less coverage and a $12,000 deductible. Per person.

The Dems can retain control only if they lie and run as fast as they can from the same Ostupidcare they voted for. And that is what they'll do.

Also, now that Dear Leader has delayed Keystone again, more Democrat Senate seats have come into play. Those states want jobs, not rhetoric.

Jobs is still the number one issue. With 90,000,000 adults out of work there's a need to get them employed. The unemployment rate only reflects the amount of people in the workforce, and it's at the lowest point since the 70s. They stop counting those who's unemployment has run out. Actual unemployment is over 11%.

Last edited:
No, it's a new regulation.

Are all new regulations tyranny?

OSHA forces brake repair businesses to use specific procedures when dealing with brake pad dust, since it contains cancer-causing properties.

Is that tyranny?

You couldn't win a "debate" on your best day kid, "Nuh-Uh" never wins anything.

You couldn't win a "debate" on your best day kid, "Nuh-Uh" never wins anything.
Violate OSHA regulations and - guess what? - you get fined by the government. Violate ACA regulations, you get fined by the government.

It's just another regulation. And a damn good one that Americans want.

You already lost, bum.

Isn't it just like a conservative to demand 5 balls and 4 strikes at bat. :lol:

Forum List

Back