$500 Fee for NOT owning a GUN

Maybe we should be like Switzerland after all? Everyone or household mandated to own a firearm.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack recently proposed a bill to register “non-gun-owners” and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state.
http://news-political.com/2009/11/30/vermont-representative-proposes-sensible-gun-law/

Before commenting, read through this also. Keeping in mind that the citizens, ALL, are the Militia.

US vs. Switzerland Gun Laws

Making people buy healthcare makes you a NAZI!!

Huh?

What?

Guns?

I like guns...

TRYING TO NOT MAKE PEOPLE HAVE GUNS MAKES YOU A GUN-HATING FREEDOM-HATING NAZI!

Specious thinking. Guns are inanimate objects. It's the character of the owners that matters. Guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens make a locale safer; in the hands of criminals, less safe.

Of course, it takes an ability to not see the world in completely moral relativistic terms to grok this.

the militia is our State national guard in the usa...

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are --
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia;
and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

All fit males and also female guardsmen.

What does that mean? I posted a youtube showing a person who described gun ownership in Switzerland - and how much military training plays a role. It didn't show a bunch of drug dealing gang members killing each other.

isn't it switzerland that also gives their drug addicts, drugs to take for their addictions...or is this sweden?

Does switzerland have gvt funded universal health care too?

Does switzerland have a social safety net for their poor?

(Does switzerland even have any poor? :lol:)

Does Switzerland have a social program for their elderly as well?

How they function as a society, as spokes in the ''wheel of society'' also has much to do with their crime rates.....NOT to exclude their gun ownership policies....which contribute as well...

You know, favoring one policy doesn't mean favoring everything.

I also think we should expand our use of nuclear power like the French have; that doesn't mean I support every other policy in effect in France.

Maybe we should be like Switzerland after all? Everyone or household mandated to own a firearm.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack recently proposed a bill to register “non-gun-owners” and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state.
http://news-political.com/2009/11/30/vermont-representative-proposes-sensible-gun-law/

Before commenting, read through this also. Keeping in mind that the citizens, ALL, are the Militia.

US vs. Switzerland Gun Laws

I have never heard of Fred Maslack before and I can say I am not immpressed with him at all.

I also think we should expand our use of nuclear power like the French have; that doesn't mean I support every other policy in effect in France.
We'll remember that next time you people attack someone for supporting anything this administration does

I realize such, BUT to come to the conclusion that their crime rate is down because people all own guns is wrong....every spoke in their wheel of society contributes to this, NOT JUST because of this one gun policy...is what I was trying to say Boe.

Of course it's more complex than one issue - but prevalent gun ownership by law-abiding citizens is linked to low crime rates, in Switzerland and the U.S.

It also doesn't hurt that they are a very homogeneous country with a foundation of shared values. A smaller scale society with cohesive values (healthy ones), is going to be more peaceful. There are less causes for friction.

Last edited:
citizens is linked to low crime rates, in Switzerland and the U.S.

It also doesn't hurt that they are a very homogeneous country with a foundation of shared values. A smaller scale society with cohesive values (healthy ones), is going to be more peaceful. There are less causes for friction.

Yep, if it weren't all those other races and religions...

New Topics

Forum List

Back