500,000 year old site discovered in Israel

Just off Israeli highway, 500,000-year-old site found
Israeli archaeologists announced Sunday they have uncovered a rare site dating back some half a million years -- just next to a modern highway and only several metres underground.

Archaeologists envision the site at Jaljulia, northeast of Tel Aviv, as a sort of "paradise" for prehistoric hunter-gatherers, with a stream, vegetation and an abundance of animals.

They have uncovered hundreds of flint handaxes as part of the dig just next to Route 6, one of Israel's busiest highways, the Israel Antiquities Authority said.
"It's hard to believe that between Jaljulia and highway 6, five metres below the surface, an ancient landscape some half of a million years old has been so amazingly preserved," Ran Barkai, head of Tel Aviv University's archaeology department, which participated in the dig, said in a statement.

He added that "for people, it was like a paradise, so they came here again and again."

The site is associated with homo erectus, a direct ancestor of today's humans.
Holy cow. I cant believe we actually found something that old.
And the damned Canaanites kicked them out of their own land :mad:
Did you hear the canaanites survived gods genocide?
I'm expecting a killer punchline
nope. Lol thats it
Must not have been as barbaric as i thought :rolleyes:
You're not going to believe this... I can't find a single joke about Canaan anywhere on the internet.

Just off Israeli highway, 500,000-year-old site found
Holy cow. I cant believe we actually found something that old.
And the damned Canaanites kicked them out of their own land :mad:
Did you hear the canaanites survived gods genocide?
I'm expecting a killer punchline
nope. Lol thats it
Must not have been as barbaric as i thought :rolleyes:
You're not going to believe this... I can't find a single joke about Canaan anywhere on the internet.
damn i cant either!

No doubt this confirms Pallies were there first.
Man, when i first decided i wanted to do a thread on this, i pondered doing something funny like "Proof palestinians were in israel first"
First line would say "500,000 year old homo erectus settlement found"
Homo_erectus_new.JPG

does this means jews are homo erectus?
The torah says the earth is only 5000 years old.
Dear antifa
in Bible language, "1000 years" isn't literal
but represents an "epoch" or "age"

It means "a long time." Like telling someone not to take "100 years" in the bathroom.

The 6 days of creation means "6 ages," similar to the Stone Age or the Bronze Age.

Otherwise it makes no sense, how can each day mean literally an earth day, if the earth hadn't even been formed yet.

does this means jews are homo erectus?
The torah says the earth is only 5000 years old.
Dear antifa
in Bible language, "1000 years" isn't literal
but represents an "epoch" or "age"

It means "a long time." Like telling someone not to take "100 years" in the bathroom.

The 6 days of creation means "6 ages," similar to the Stone Age or the Bronze Age.

Otherwise it makes no sense, how can each day mean literally an earth day, if the earth hadn't even been formed yet.
Family Tree from Abraham to Jesus

Forum List

Back