500,000 jobs to go in $131 billion UK cuts

Is this what Republicans are planning on doing in the US?

I wish.
I wonder if that's wish of all those Republican voters.
Not me!

I hope the Obama administration keeps passing spending programs and the Fed keeps printing money until our whole system collapses. That way, the IMF can replace the Dollar with the Amero and we can usher in that North American Union I've been hearing about.

Sounds exciting!

Flopper, this is going to happen ultimately whether you want it or not. Soon we will be left with no choice, just as Britain has become.

Oh but where would it be the most pleasent to see it happen? Washington. That'd be sublime.

But of course, what I'd RATHER SEE IS THAT 700 billion trimmed by paycuts to every federal employee above the lowest 1-3 rungs of experience. and then a 10 year freeze on the budget. Nobody needs be fired then. Just kiss them benefits packages goodbye. Boom, solved. You'll just have to work for a living.

Shit, just think of this. If they actually enforced quality of work limits so these no-call/no-show jobs went away, they'd save even more.

We have 2 options. Neither of them are nice.

1) We cut spending and lose government jobs.

2) Our government collapses, hyperinflation begins, most of the country loses jobs and starves.

If someone's job is based on a lie, doesn't actually produce anything, or produces less than the costs of employment, then how on earth is keeping them employed in that job beneficial to them or the economy?

I'm just surprised that its taken the UK, France, Greece and other European countries this long to realize that their form of Govt just isn't sustainable.

2) Our government collapses, hyperinflation begins, most of the country loses jobs and starves.

If someone's job is based on a lie, doesn't actually produce anything, or produces less than the costs of employment, then how on earth is keeping them employed in that job beneficial to them or the economy?

Then, Why isn't losing government jobs "nice?"

Then, Why isn't losing government jobs "nice?"

Because all those government workers will go on 99 week unemployment. It could be bad for their self esteem.

Is this what Republicans are planning on doing in the US?

I wish.

REALLY? So, then why are all of your blaming Obama for NOT creating jobs????:cuckoo:

Actually no one is blaming Obama for not creating jobs (except maybe the Dems in Congress who are going down to defeat in 2 weeks). This is because no one believes Obama can create jobs (except the Dems in Congress who are going in defeat in 2 weeks). The rest of us know that Obama cannot create jobs but he can sure kill them with his stupid tax and regulatory policies, as well as anti business rhetoric.

REALLY? So, then why are all of your blaming Obama for NOT creating jobs????:cuckoo:

Actually no one is blaming Obama for not creating jobs (except maybe the Dems in Congress who are going down to defeat in 2 weeks). This is because no one believes Obama can create jobs (except the Dems in Congress who are going in defeat in 2 weeks). The rest of us know that Obama cannot create jobs but he can sure kill them with his stupid tax and regulatory policies, as well as anti business rhetoric.

:happy-1:

I agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Flopper, this is going to happen ultimately whether you want it or not. Soon we will be left with no choice, just as Britain has become.

Oh but where would it be the most pleasent to see it happen? Washington. That'd be sublime.

But of course, what I'd RATHER SEE IS THAT 700 billion trimmed by paycuts to every federal employee above the lowest 1-3 rungs of experience. and then a 10 year freeze on the budget. Nobody needs be fired then. Just kiss them benefits packages goodbye. Boom, solved. You'll just have to work for a living.

Shit, just think of this. If they actually enforced quality of work limits so these no-call/no-show jobs went away, they'd save even more.
In Britain, the government can slash government spending without consulting Parliament but not in US. With more Republicans in congress next year, Congress will focus on spending cuts with endless jawboning with the usually results. In a recent speech Obama said the current deficit levels are untenable. The presidential budget for 2012 which should be available by the middle of next year will show substantial spending cuts. The major costs in healthcare will not kick in till 2014 and without the huge costs of the stimulus package, Wall street bailout, and GM bailout, reducing the deficit should be a snap. But if you are looking for big cuts in entitlement programs, it's not going to happen.

Unlike many countries we have no problem borrowing money. US government debt is still considered to be the safest, most liquid investment in the world and that's not likely to change.

Unlike many countries we have no problem borrowing money.

You incorrectly assume that this will always be the case. We have borrowed 3 trillion dollars since P-BO took office. The world will not continue to make bad investments in us when they have better options elsewhere for much longer.

Honestly, your post assumes a great many things that there is no proof for, but a lot of hope in.

Forum List

Back