50 years after "I have a dream"....A Progress Report

What irriates me is that many on the left refuse even to admit that there are losers in this situation, i.e. the people passed over for jobs/school slots due to this.

I think the whole unspoken truth about AA is that some people are going to suffer individually for the collective good of society. To most people that sounds good in theory until they dont get that job because of a quota.

But is taking discrimination and simply reversing it really good for society?

White males have somehow managed to survive affirmative action. While at one time nearly every position of importance was deemed to capable of only being performed by white males....we have learned that it is not necessarily the case

We are a stronger society because of it

What irriates me is that many on the left refuse even to admit that there are losers in this situation, i.e. the people passed over for jobs/school slots due to this.

I think the whole unspoken truth about AA is that some people are going to suffer individually for the collective good of society. To most people that sounds good in theory until they dont get that job because of a quota.

In the long run yes but there has to be buy in from all concerned.

White males have somehow managed to survive affirmative action. While at one time nearly every position of importance was deemed to capable of only being performed by white males....we have learned that it is not necessarily the case

So as long as a person "survives" its A-OK for government to shaft them based on race/sex?

Good to know.

Yes but white women take advantage of AA more than anyone else. Hows that for racism? No matter how many times that's pointed out I feel like white guys need SOMEONE to blame because it has to be the fault of some other race..

No in that case it would be sexism then. Still wrong.

Funny, AA only becomes sexism after the white women fact is thrown out. When it's not thrown out white guys think its all racist against whites. Now why do you think whites don't know or don't retain that simple fact and continue to blame blacks?

Matter fact why do white guys skip over white women who are the first group to get it AND Asians who are the second group and jump straight to number 3?

Sexism? :lol: :lol: Now, I'm waiting for ANYONE to make the argument that women too don't deserve "special treatment" because the days of discrimination is over. Just one guy to take the word black and replace it with women...:eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

Yes but white women take advantage of AA more than anyone else. Hows that for racism? No matter how many times that's pointed out I feel like white guys need SOMEONE to blame because it has to be the fault of some other race..

No in that case it would be sexism then. Still wrong.

Funny, AA only becomes sexism after the white women fact is thrown out. When it's not thrown out white guys think its all racist against whites. Now why do you think whites don't know or don't retain that simple fact and continue to blame blacks?

Matter fact why do white guys skip over white women who are the first group to get it AND Asians who are the second group and jump straight to number 3?

Sexism? :lol: :lol: Now, I'm waiting for ANYONE to make the argument that women too don't deserve "special treatment" because the days of discrimination is over. Just one guy to take the word black and replace it with women...:eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

No one deserves special treatment. Its your tired fixation on the nuances of this topic that quite frankly ends up making you like a blithering idiot.

Or we end the programs and let people proceed on merits, now that government has been legally color blind since the late 1960's.

So what you are saying is that discrimination is wrong.. unless it meets your political agenda, then it is ok

Idiot

So as long as a person "survives" its A-OK for government to shaft them based on race/sex?

Good to know.

Our society was broken
It needed to be fixed

We can all be thankful for Affirmative action. It did what it was supposed to do

I know but undeniably some Black people benefited from it and for that I am happy because it changed attitudes in a least some people. Of course white guys are going to ignore the fact that it benefitted more white women than any other class because it helps their ego and validates their anger.

Good to know.

Our society was broken
It needed to be fixed

We can all be thankful for Affirmative action. It did what it was supposed to do

Then end it.

No question that Dr King was one of our greatest American patriots. While the revolution he started removed the institutional barriers to racism, strong cultural barriers still hold blacks back

Racism is still there but is not the primary reason blacks have not entered the mainstream. Until black culture significantly changes, they will remain second class

two good posts.....where have you been RW?....there has been a guy here impersonating you the last month or so....he was kinda Dean like.....good to see you back....

I know but undeniably some Black people benefited from it and for that I am happy because it changed attitudes in a least some people. Of course white guys are going to ignore the fact that it benefitted more white women than any other class because it helps their ego and validates their anger.

So its OK for a black person to be angry that they are denied something because they are black, and a woman to be angry they are denied something because they are a woman, but a white male has to be OK with being denied something because they are white or a male?

"I have a dream" was just a speech. LBJ's "great society" program set the Black community back into the 19th century plantation with a dependence on government programs. It tore Black families apart and today over 70% of Black men who father children abandon their responsibilities to government agencies. Poverty pimps blame everyone including the CIA for introducing drugs into society but they still refuse to take responsibility. Democrats still promote incredible demeaning racist plantation theories such as the one where Black people are unable to obtain anything as basic things as a photo I.D.

He definitely had a DIFFERENT dream.

what dimcraps made off that dream - is a mess we have today

ON the other hand, every single year there is a graduating class from Howard University.

Love that school.

8729357598_d45c808b5b_z.jpg

Those kids have nothing to do with the stereotype that we have in here. We (they) are not in a gang, they are not welfare recipients, they are not in the drug culture....etc etc..

Black History Month is supposed to be February, but the boys of Obamaboyz and all the other black young men who look like they would be Obama's sons appear to be making August their month of Black Infamy. Not really, its probably one networks emphasis on reporting the usual and normal occurrences of black on white crime that is making it look like a racially meditated all out assault on the peace and tranquility of the American homeland, this is what goes on, normally, all the time, but which the Lib Media has simply avoided reporting on it in their typical "What the folks don't know won't hurt our agenda" fashion.

Then you have the little news piece out of Spokane's police chief that the reason Delbert Belton was murdered was because he tried defending himself, therefore his death was by his own hand sort of. Defending yourself against somebody trying to rob or kill you is somehow illegal? Maybe it is on the politically correct West Coast, where the chief criteria for appointment to a leadership position is how politically correct the individual is, where the San Francisco Fire Department, headed by an obviously dykey individual, added to the casualty total from the Asiana Airline crash by running over one of the survivors, discovered only after the victims corpse was found wedged between a piece of responding fire equipments tandem wheels. And now the pronouncement from this POS Police Chief, piece of human excrement. I guess the Army, in this day and age of Obama no longer teaches their new recruits how to defend themselves from assault like the Army Delbert Belton served with on Okinawa, where he was wounded, used to do. The VFW in Spokane needs to demand this turd Police Chief resign.

Last edited:

Or we end the programs and let people proceed on merits, now that government has been legally color blind since the late 1960's.

Do you believe that true equality has been achieved in the workforce? I dont but I do believe in achieving on my own merits personally. My personal problem with AA is that no matter what kind of job you do someone will always disrespect you because you had to have assistance. I left the workforce because I was in a constant state of anger even though I personally never benefitted from AA. There was always some clown who thought I shouldnt be the position.

Good to know.

Our society was broken
It needed to be fixed

Then end it.

It is getting there

We do not have the same Affirmative Action programs I saw 30 years ago. Back then, everything was quotas and numbers driven. The emphasis was to force integration into the workforce
Now I don't see numbers the way I used to. AA is more driven to opportunities and resolution of grievances. I see nowhere near the number of grievances we saw in the 70s and 80s

Our society was broken
It needed to be fixed

Then end it.

It is getting there

We do not have the same Affirmative Action programs I saw 30 years ago. Back then, everything was quotas and numbers driven. The emphasis was to force integration into the workforce
Now I don't see numbers the way I used to. AA is more driven to opportunities and resolution of grievances. I see nowhere near the number of grievances we saw in the 70s and 80s

It is still quota and number driven... and coddles to complaints of any minority when not hired even when outqualified by someone else..

It is still state sponsored racism and state sponsored unequal treatment.. something YOU say you are against... well, except when it benefits your cause.. much like you on pretty much everything.. the infamous selective equality you so love

So its OK for a black person to be angry that they are denied something because they are black, and a woman to be angry they are denied something because they are a woman, but a white male has to be OK with being denied something because they are white or a male?

That's not the way AA works. It's okay for a qualified black person to be angry to be denied something because they are black. It's okay for a qualified woman to be denied something because she's a woman. It's okay for a qualified white male to be denied something because the quota says that an unqualified black or an unqualified woman was hired instead.

Forum List

Back