50 Statistics About The U.S. Economy That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
#50) In 2010 the U.S. government is projected to issue almost as much new debt as the rest of the governments of the world combined.

#38) According to one new survey, 24% of American workers say that they have postponed their planned retirement age in the past year.

#30) U.S. banks repossessed nearly 258,000 homes nationwide in the first quarter of 2010, a 35 percent jump from the first quarter of 2009.

#19) According to EconomicPolicyJournal.com, 32 U.S. states have already run out of funds to make unemployment benefit payments and so the federal government has been supplying these states with funds so that they can make their payments to the unemployed.

#8) Approximately 40% of all retail spending currently comes from the 20% of American households that have the highest incomes.

See all 50 statistics HERE!

That 20 percent of the highest income households need to spend even more. Service Sector economies need people to spend to get the ball rolling again.

In hard times, people with little money become conservative. Many of my kids are closing out the places where they live and moving back home. If all 33 of the kids did that, my house would really be crowded, but I think we could make it. As it is, I now have so many grandchildren running through the house that I am not even certain who is who.

That 20 percent of the highest income households need to spend even more. Service Sector economies need people to spend to get the ball rolling again.

In hard times, people with little money become conservative. Many of my kids are closing out the places where they live and moving back home. If all 33 of the kids did that, my house would really be crowded, but I think we could make it. As it is, I now have so many grandchildren running through the house that I am not even certain who is who.

if they are all still working it might not be bad for them to all pitch together to buy a house. housing is still cheap, intrest rates are still low and assuming they have a decent relationship they could build equity together and when they sell the house later all make some money from it when the housing market bounces back

50 Statistics About The U.S. Economy That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

I recommend another stimulus package. This time, let's make it an even $1 trillion. And can Congress make the taxpayers bail-out a few more unprofitable corporations, please?

Or else we could cut taxes on the wealthy again and wait around for it to "Tinkle Down"

Forum List

Back