50% of Americans do not pay income tax?

Did this thread cleared up the statement about 50% of people not paying taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Still unclear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just another silly thread

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can't even site credible sources, let alone live your lives fiscally responsible.

You can't even cite a source.

When one of you right wingers can point to a time in the past 100 years when a tax cut for the rich led to an increase in GDP growth - then we'll talk. Until then - SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Now, show us where higher taxes on the rich leads to job growth, siting legitimate sources, and not some whiney progressive, give me something for nothing site.
No one is saying higher taxes on the rich causes job growth. If anything, the chart posted would tend to suggest the rate of taxation on the rich has very little affect on overall economic growth either way.
Seriously, you liberals are just downright fuckin' stupid.......Like Obama, just straight up economic illiterates.

No wonder you damn progressive loons are always running around with your hands held out.

You can't even site credible sources, let alone live your lives fiscally responsible.

You can't even cite a source.

When one of you right wingers can point to a time in the past 100 years when a tax cut for the rich led to an increase in GDP growth - then we'll talk. Until then - SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Now, show us where higher taxes on the rich leads to job growth, siting legitimate sources, and not some whiney progressive, give me something for nothing site.
No one is saying higher taxes on the rich causes job growth. If anything, the chart posted would tend to suggest the rate of taxation on the rich has very little affect on overall economic growth either way.
Seriously, you liberals are just downright fuckin' stupid.......Like Obama, just straight up economic illiterates.

No wonder you damn progressive loons are always running around with your hands held out.

So when in the past have taxes on the rich been lowered and the rate of GDP growth increased?

I guarantee you're helping pay those property taxes.
Well no shit but I'm also helping to pay her fucking grocery bill, what's your point?
And, I never said they are "your taxes to pay", dumbass.......Any landlord with a brain uses a portion of all collected rent to help offset the tax.

:cuckoo: Yeah. I'd think they use it to offset ALL of their property related expenses. Its a good thing you've figured out you have to actually pay your property tax bill.

In our case, we paid cash outright for all of our rental properties. We don't carry a note on any of them......Our rent collection goes to basic upkeep, trash service, property taxes etc......

What a slum it must be.

Yep, capitalism is a beautiful thing!
When you've got money it surely is.
LMAO!

Slums?.........No, very expensive prime properties in exclusive areas......We don't rent to the bottom feeders.......Basically, you would never qualify.

And yes, when you've busted your ass, lived responsibly, and capitalized on the gains, it's a beautiful thing.....We've never had a hand out for a god damn thing......Our children will never have their hands out for a god damn thing.

It's called the american dream......Not the american dream of a handout for nothing......Which is the dream of all you progressive idiots.

Our children will never have their hands out for a god damn thing.

Course not. You've already made all their money for them.

It's called the american dream......Not the american dream of a handout for nothing......Which is the dream of all you progressive idiots.

My great-grandfather was a dirt poor farmer, son of a Sicilian immigrant.

His son joined the army and after WW II opened a service station and drove school buses on the side. He sent his 2 kids to good schools.

His son, my father, went to law school and became a parter in a successful firm and sent all 4 of his kids to good schools

And now I, 4 generations later, as the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son of a man who stepped off a friggin boat coming from Sicily, will be the first in my family to earn a PhD. I also just bought a duplex, making me a landlord as well.

If that's not the American Dream, you can go FUCK yourself.

Our children will never have their hands out for a god damn thing.

Course not. You've already made all their money for them.

My great-grandfather was a dirt poor farmer, son of a Sicilian immigrant.

His son joined the army and after WW II opened a service station and drove school buses on the side. He sent his 2 kids to good schools.

His son, my father, went to law school and became a parter in a successful firm and sent all 4 of his kids to good schools

And now I, 4 generations later, as the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son of the eldest son of a man who stepped off a friggin boat coming from Sicily, will be the first in my family to earn a PhD. I also just bought a duplex, making me a landlord as well.

If that's not the American Dream, you can go FUCK yourself.
Good for you, sincerely.

Now you can drop that progressive BS and start acting like a responsible american, who doesn't feed and encourage the bottom feeders who want something for nothing.

And now that you've almost got that PHD, unless you're an idiot, you should start making some serious money. Now you'll know what it's like to be a constant target of the bottom feeding progressive assholes......Have fun, enjoy!:cool:

tax avoision, is a way of life. Just ask the rich.
because we've made it a successful and profitable path. Drop the overall tax rate, and end the loopholes because they are unnecessary, and watch how both people and the tax revenues (Particularly consumption taxes) increase. More taxable events occur through consumption as well as capital investment creating new business opportunities thereby increasing the taxable pool of wealth...

You guys always want to focus on the static picture of the pie today, not realizing it's not a finite amount NOR a zero sum game.

The total worth of the lowest 50% of the USA has a net worth of $700 billion dollars, folks.

That represents 2.5% of the combined worth of all US assets.

And we expect those people to PAY additional txes beyond the local taxes they already pay?

You have to be NUTS to think that makes sense.

Let me tell you about the poor. They generally make money on income taxes. In fact, we have created a society that pays people not to work. The poor get free money in tax credits for child tax credit, earned income, etc. The poor qualify for welfare assistance, food stamps, child care assistance, free tuition, free transportation. The poor don't have to work for anything. And yes, they are poor, but they are poor by choice.

For the rest of us, we work our whole lives. It gets really tiring to pay a big percentage of my income on taxes, only to see the government waste it, or to see someone who simply refuses to work living off the efforts of others. It isn't about rich or poor. It is about everyone pulling their own weight. As for the rich, they support me. I have worked for over 30 years. I have never had a job from a poor man yet. The rich guy that liberals hate so much provides me with a job, with income, with insurance, with everything I earn. The poor doesn't do anything for me or himself or anyone else. They just live off the rest of us.

As a point of fact, I know a couple who have been on assistance for 20 years or more. They are poor. They always will be. But, when tax time comes, they get $3,000 plus in tax benefit every year. And every year, they spend it on flat screen TVs, computers, etc. Unfortunately, they are more typical than most liberals are willing to admit. I have known a lot of lazy welfare bums. They always have money for Marlboros and Budweiser, but they don't have any money. Sorry. I think the welfare train needs to end. If they are serious about getting out of poverty, they have to do it themselves. And we need to stop enabling them to remain poor, and we need to stop rewarding complacent, lazy behavior.

The total worth of the lowest 50% of the USA has a net worth of $700 billion dollars, folks.

And we expect those people to PAY additional txes beyond the local taxes they already pay?

Well, since the bottom 40% profit from paying INCOME tax, why don't we just reduce that to zero, and keep the money we normally use to create government dependents to pay off debt?

Sounds like a win win to me. Since the IRS does 1.8 trillion in refunds, I wonder how much in savings that will be.

Well, since the bottom 40% profit from paying INCOME tax, why don't we just reduce that to zero, and keep the money we normally use to create government dependents to pay off debt?

Sounds like a win win to me. Since the IRS does 1.8 trillion in refunds, I wonder how much in savings that will be.

How much does that cost us every year?

Do you know?

Do you know?
uhhhh up to 1.8 trillion in 2010?

When you're 1.7 trillion short on the yearly budget, do we have ANY money to waste by giving people more money in tax refunds than they paid in?

Notice a small issue with that anywhere?

Ever been that poor? I have.

Do you know?

When you're 1.7 trillion short on the yearly budget, do we have ANY money to waste by giving people more money in tax refunds than they paid in?

You don't really know, do you?

Do you know?

You don't really know, do you?
What? You think that when 1.8 trillion in tax refunds are given, it's gonna all be for the rich when the bottom 40% PROFIT from 'paying' income tax?

Puhleeze. I posted a link to the IRS spreadsheet showing how much and from where they get and send money to. Do your own homework. I'm not interested in spoonfeeding an economic infant.

Do you know?

lol you act as if not giving out EIC would somehow solve our budget woes. But EIC is not even a drop in the bucket when compared to corporate welfare and the illegal wars in the Middle East.

The Tax Policy Center’s estimate means that some 76 million households won’t pay federal income tax in 2011. But they still owe other taxes. About two-thirds pay payroll taxes, and most pay state and local income and sales taxes as well as excise taxes on gas, tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol. Of the one third who don’t pay payroll taxes, more than half are elderly who no longer work, and just under half are families with incomes under $20,000. Only about 1 percent of the population pays neither income nor payroll taxes and earns more than $20,000 a year, according to the Tax Policy Center.

•For 50 percent of those that don’t pay federal income taxes, standard deductions and personal exemptions are enough to counteract their taxable earnings. A couple with two children earning less than $26,400, for example, will pay no federal income tax in 2011 because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 cuts their taxable income to nil.
•22 percent are senior citizens who get a more generous standard deduction, can exclude some or all of their Social Security income and may have tax-exempt interest from mutual funds and municipal bonds. For those who itemize, charitable contributions and medical expense deductions also subtract from their tax liability.
•15 percent are working families, many of them low-income, who qualify for one or all of the Earned Income tax credit, the Child tax credit, the Child and Dependent Care tax credit. The earned-income credit is fully refundable, and the Child credit is partially refundable this year, meaning some households may get refunds from the government even if they owe no income taxes.
•The remaining 13 percent are a mix of mostly higher-income individuals with enough itemized deductions for items like mortgage interest, health payments, or charitable contributions, education tax credits, or tax exempt interest to zero out their income taxes.
“It’s wrong to rail on the 46 percent of people who don't pay income tax,” said Paul Caron, a tax professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. “A fairer analysis takes into account all taxes paid—and by this measure, everyone has tax skin in the game,” he said.

The 50% Of Americans Who Don't Pay Income Tax Will NEVER Be A Good Revenue Source - Business Insider

The Tax Policy Center’s estimate means that some 76 million households won’t pay federal income tax in 2011. But they still owe other taxes. About two-thirds pay payroll taxes, and most pay state and local income and sales taxes as well as excise taxes on gas, tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol. Of the one third who don’t pay payroll taxes, more than half are elderly who no longer work, and just under half are families with incomes under $20,000. Only about 1 percent of the population pays neither income nor payroll taxes and earns more than $20,000 a year, according to the Tax Policy Center.

•For 50 percent of those that don’t pay federal income taxes, standard deductions and personal exemptions are enough to counteract their taxable earnings. A couple with two children earning less than $26,400, for example, will pay no federal income tax in 2011 because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 cuts their taxable income to nil.
•22 percent are senior citizens who get a more generous standard deduction, can exclude some or all of their Social Security income and may have tax-exempt interest from mutual funds and municipal bonds. For those who itemize, charitable contributions and medical expense deductions also subtract from their tax liability.
•15 percent are working families, many of them low-income, who qualify for one or all of the Earned Income tax credit, the Child tax credit, the Child and Dependent Care tax credit. The earned-income credit is fully refundable, and the Child credit is partially refundable this year, meaning some households may get refunds from the government even if they owe no income taxes.
•The remaining 13 percent are a mix of mostly higher-income individuals with enough itemized deductions for items like mortgage interest, health payments, or charitable contributions, education tax credits, or tax exempt interest to zero out their income taxes.
“It’s wrong to rail on the 46 percent of people who don't pay income tax,” said Paul Caron, a tax professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. “A fairer analysis takes into account all taxes paid—and by this measure, everyone has tax skin in the game,” he said.

The 50% Of Americans Who Don't Pay Income Tax Will NEVER Be A Good Revenue Source - Business Insider
article-0-0BE2CF7400000578-923_634x411.jpg

Yep, let's watch the left move the goalposts again... they're getting the shit kicked out of em.

If the job creators are so concerned that half of americans don't make enough $$$$ to pay income tax, why don't they just create higher paying jobs?

Seems like an obvious solution.

If the job creators are so concerned that half of americans don't make enough $$$$ to pay income tax, why don't they just create higher paying jobs?

Seems like an obvious solution.

It's cheaper in third world counties- that's why. Money. When ever one is in search of the reason for why something is happening, nine times out of ten it's about money.

Forum List

Back