50 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation

I don't see a hell of a lot of facts on that list. I see a lot of naive acceptance of dubious survey results.

And for the record, the number of women who were seriously injured annually in botched abortion attempts before Roe v. Wade wouild be less than a rounding error on the number of babies who are intentionally killed every year by licensed abortionists. Talk about your total absence of perspective.

As for the 22 veterans offing themselves every day (assuming it is close to reality), how many people are we talking about? The total population of American veterans has to be MILLIONS of people. Is 8 thousand a year out of that huge number even remarkable?

How does the "22" compare with an analogous population of non-veteran men?
A very good question. Here is at least a partial answer to it.

Is the Rate of Suicide Among Veterans Elevated

However, a quite different picture was seen when the data were stratified by age. Subtracting out the 231 suicides in amounts proportional to the age distribution of men in the active military8 revealed that for the youngest group (age 17–24 years), the relative risk was 3.84, indicating that risk of suicide was almost four times higher among the youngest veterans compared with same age group among men without military service (Table 1 and Figure 1). Between the ages of 25 to 75 years, the relative risk was fairly constant at approximately 1.5 and then decreased to 1.36 for veterans aged 75 years or older; all relative risks were highly significant by conventional statistical tests. The absolute magnitude of the risk per 100
x2009.gif
000 is presented in Table 1 and Figure 2. Unlike nonveterans, in whom the highest risk of suicide was for those older than 75 years (24 per 100
x2009.gif
000), the youngest veterans, aged 17–24 years, had the highest risk (61 per 100
x2009.gif
000). These data revealed that there was a strong age–by-veteran status interaction in terms of suicide, with veterans of recent military actions being at much higher relative and absolute risk of suicide than veterans of less recent wars or conflicts. These results, which were based on 16 states’ data in the NVDRS, are likely representative of the entire US population because the overall percentage of veterans (men and women) in the 16 NVDRS states (10.6%) was quite similar to the entire United States (9.3%).9

Makes me sad to see 1/3rd(36% is of course a little more than 1/3rd ;) ) to 1/5th of our country doesn't understand the way their own government functions. :( This is the most scary.

I believe this implies that our government functions.

I don't know which is more scary, functioning or not.

#46 In a massacre that is almost unspeakable, more than 56 million American babies have been slaughtered in this country since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.

Thats sad
Nobody gives two shitz about the 27 million Indians killed in the US...

how many babies were aborted before roe v wade?
My own mother had a legal abortion circa 1955-----
her doctor had to submit special papers certifying that she
was in no condition to give birth to the sixth My grandmother had two back ally hatchet jobs in the 1920s---
being one of ten children herself she could not bear the idea
of bringing more children into poverty

I was a little child in 1955-------I understood that my baby sibling had been murdered-----because that was the tenor of the times. I had nightmares

I view this as a serious failure of our education system – and parents' lack of concern for what their children are learning. And, if the schools aren't doing it, why aren't they?

Only 2 third of responders knew the three branches of government?

30 million Americans are on antidepressants

22 million Americans kills themselves every day.

1/3 of American children live in homes without fathers

Read the rest of these disgusting results @ 50 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation

And I can already see the nay-sayers dissing this for a variety of reasons – must to defend their liberal/progressive agendas.

Where are we going and why is it so hot in this hand basket?

Pffft.

Before anyone decides the end is nigh, follow some of those links and check the facts. Yes, some of those facts are true but that site is for frightened little nutters who can't think for themselves.

• Just 38% could name all three branches of the U.S. government: the executive, legislative, and judicial branches. A third (33%) are unable to correctly name any of the branches.
    • Among those who felt they understood the purpose and role of the three branches of government either very or somewhat well, only 50% could name all three.
  • On presidential veto powers, barely half of Americans (51%) know that a two-thirds majority vote by Congress is needed to overturn a presidential veto.
  • 91% of Americans know that the U.S. Supreme Court is the highest court in the United States. However:
    • Only 37% know that a citizen cannot appeal a Supreme Court decision to the Federal Court of Appeals.
    • 62% of Americans know that the U.S. Supreme Court carries the responsibility for determining the constitutionality of a law.
  • Over the years there have been many 5-4 Supreme Court decisions, but fewer than half of Americans (48%) know that such decisions have the same effect as 9-0 ones.
  • 54% are aware that Supreme Court justices usually announce their decisions in writing.
  • Even after taking the effects of level of education into account, our analysis shows that taking a civics or government course in high school or college predicts civics knowledge.

Also, adults aren't smarter US adults are dumber than the average human New York Post

Makes me wish I would have started an anti depressant company... When one enters the rat race and the stress found within it, I believe this number is significantly lower than the real number. Of most people I know, 90 percent are on anti anxiety or anti depressant meds... and I know a lot of people.

Forum List

Back