50 and 60 dollars a bottle for beer.

Why would anyone be so stupid to spend that kind of money on liquor?

Hard to say. I wonder how people spend $5.00 a pack to smoke. Even if you're addicted, it has to hit you financially at some point.

Seen 7.50 per pack around here, I can't even imagine anyone paying 70 some dollars for 10 packs of paper and ground leaves worth about '3¢' a pack, the packaging is probably costs more than the product.

But as an ex smoker, 3 packs a day minimum, I remember people asking me why I am paying 35¢ per pack and my reply was, when it gets to 75¢/pk I'll quit. Never did, until I was forced to, Been 11 years now. The increased sense of smell, and taste of foods, makes me want to kick myself in the butt for all the years I was addicted to this 'drug'. No really addicted smoker is going to listen to anyone's pleas to stop until something happens that makes the decision for them.

Another in the lists of the 'crimes of the century', dramatic statement I know, was what the tobacco companies did to hide the real truth about their product while millions became hooked on it's effects. I think corporations are still playing the same game in other areas.

Okay, my dramatics are over................

Actually it is the like 4 dollars or more in taxes that cost so much.

Of course it is imported and has 32 percent volume alcohol and 41 percent volume alcohol.

But notice the piece warns of some how irresponisble tens and college kids chugging it. I don't doubt that if it gets popular some of these types will buy a couple bottles. But they can not afford much and since it is all about getting drunk with them will stick with the lower content beer that is MUCH cheaper.

Super-High Alcohol Beer Heads to the U.S. - Yahoo! News

Loved the Nanny State Beer by the way.

I'll have to try one.

My first thoughts also.
Come to think of it, maybe 2.

Hard to say. I wonder how people spend $5.00 a pack to smoke. Even if you're addicted, it has to hit you financially at some point.

Seen 7.50 per pack around here, I can't even imagine anyone paying 70 some dollars for 10 packs of paper and ground leaves worth about '3¢' a pack, the packaging is probably costs more than the product.

But as an ex smoker, 3 packs a day minimum, I remember people asking me why I am paying 35¢ per pack and my reply was, when it gets to 75¢/pk I'll quit. Never did, until I was forced to, Been 11 years now. The increased sense of smell, and taste of foods, makes me want to kick myself in the butt for all the years I was addicted to this 'drug'. No really addicted smoker is going to listen to anyone's pleas to stop until something happens that makes the decision for them.

Another in the lists of the 'crimes of the century', dramatic statement I know, was what the tobacco companies did to hide the real truth about their product while millions became hooked on it's effects. I think corporations are still playing the same game in other areas.

Okay, my dramatics are over................

Actually it is the like 4 dollars or more in taxes that cost so much.

Your so right there, just like everything else, our salaries etc are great, for the most part, but it seems the taxation and increased exponentially. The more we earn the more and PLUS they grab, least it seems that way. It keeps the average guy from becoming to 'powerful' or influential, "In our place" as one would say.

Forum List

Back