50,000 Students at Son's University. 26 Education Majors Graduated

The fact that you ("Admiral R T") had a degree in History and taught Math and Science pretty much proves my often-made point that Public school STEM teachers are UNQUALIFIED. You had a couple of math credits...so what?

Here's the thing: you might know enough Math to teach a high school class, but you didn't have a degree in Math. Your knowledge is superficial - compared to what one would want of a TEACHER.

I know enough about American History to fake my way teaching through a couple of HS semesters of "History" class, but that course should be taught by someone with a MINIMUM of a Masters in relevant history.

All bullshit aside, the MOST IMPORTANT qualification of any teacher is KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUBJECT MATERIAL. If the Teacher's knowledge is superficial, the students will get a sub-par experience. Yes, communication skills and organization skills are important, but they don't "trump" knowledge of the subject.

The fact that you ("Admiral R T") had a degree in History and taught Math and Science pretty much proves my often-made point that Public school STEM teachers are UNQUALIFIED. You had a couple of math credits...so what?

Here's the thing: you might know enough Math to teach a high school class, but you didn't have a degree in Math. Your knowledge is superficial - compared to what one would want of a TEACHER.

I know enough about American History to fake my way teaching through a couple of HS semesters of "History" class, but that course should be taught by someone with a MINIMUM of a Masters in relevant history.

All bullshit aside, the MOST IMPORTANT qualification of any teacher is KNOWLEDGE OF THE SUBJECT MATERIAL. If the Teacher's knowledge is superficial, the students will get a sub-par experience. Yes, communication skills and organization skills are important, but they don't "trump" knowledge of the subject.

A couple of math classes? Do you have any idea that the course work to receive a certification by the state is equivalent to a degree and requires all of the course work AND a certification test?

The reason I did not have a degree is that I moved from one university to another. I can assure you that I can stand with any teacher with a degree.
If you want people with Master's degrees to teach, you better start paying them more than about $40K to start.

The problem with all you critics of education don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Your ignorance is intentional. Apparent;y the unqualified person is you!

I think it's mainly about the money. Public education has taken a beating for sure, but it still comes down to the money and teachers just aren't paid what they should be paid. That and having to deal with the current generation of brats would keep just about anyone away.

Many schools don't require a degree in education any more; it isn't seen as better preparation for teaching, and there is a reason for that. Otherwise, not many bright people will go into a profession that will get you arrested and charged with felonies for merely defending yourself from violent criminal assaults from feral 'children', or having to deal with the hideously spoiled brats and their even more hideously deranged 'parents' all day every day.

I know a couple of former teachers who quit and became private tutors and consultants for home schoolers, and make more money to boot and better quality students and motivated parents.

Last edited:
I think it's mainly about the money. Public education has taken a beating for sure, but it still comes down to the money and teachers just aren't paid what they should be paid. That and having to deal with the current generation of brats would keep just about anyone away.

That may be true in many cases, but the truth is many 'teachers' don't deserve more money, they don't know squat about the subjects they're supposed to be 'teaching' and merely spout indoctrination agendas and could care less. The pay isn't THAT bad for the job in many areas, much better than warehouse and factory work for half the money.

That's why nobody should apply for factory and warehouse jobs. Imagine working in a factory or warehouse for 30 years. Unfathomably awful. Horrific.

That's why nobody should apply for factory and warehouse jobs. Imagine working in a factory or warehouse for 30 years. Unfathomably awful. Horrific.

Only illegal aliens qualify for those jobs they're also pretty much the main types of jobs the 'great economy' has been producing with all the tax breaks and giant government subsidies we've given corporations since the 1970's; most productive jobs get 'out-sourced' to Red China or other labor racketeering police states, or given to green card holders. You act like there's a choice for most or something on what jobs are there to be had.

That may be true in many cases, but the truth is many 'teachers' don't deserve more money, they don't know squat about the subjects they're supposed to be 'teaching' and merely spout indoctrination agendas and could care less. The pay isn't THAT bad for the job in many areas, much better than warehouse and factory work for half the money.

How do they not "know squat" when they are required to take certification tests in the areas they teach?

My brother works in a warehouse. He has a high school diploma. He makes $12 an hour. I have a Master's Degree. How is that better?

Critics are quick to use the term "indoctrination" but cannot give an example of it that is taught outside the large liberal school systems in the northeast, Chicago, or west coast. Why is that?

How do they not "know squat" when they are required to take certification tests in the areas they teach?

My brother works in a warehouse. He has a high school diploma. He makes $12 an hour. I have a Master's Degree. How is that better?

Critics are quick to use the term "indoctrination" but cannot give an example of it that is taught outside the large liberal school systems in the northeast, Chicago, or west coast. Why is that?

lol you really want to discuss your buddy Unkotare's and your own posts demonstrating your ignorance of history and lack of reading skills? The Peanut Gallery can do that on their own,via your 'profiles'.

Your brother makes an honest living, while you don't. Why would a MAster's degree from today's diploma mills be more 'impressive' than an 8th grade education from the 1950's? Answer: it isn't. Grade inflation has made a joke of most college degrees.

That may be true in many cases, but the truth is many 'teachers' don't deserve more money, they don't know squat about the subjects they're supposed to be 'teaching' and merely spout indoctrination agendas and could care less.
Bullshit. That’s an empty talking point.

lol you really want to discuss your buddy Unkotare's and your own posts demonstrating your ignorance of history and lack of reading skills? The Peanut Gallery can do that on their own,via your 'profiles'.

Your brother makes an honest living, while you don't. Why would a MAster's degree from today's diploma mills be more 'impressive' than an 8th grade education from the 1950's? Answer: it isn't. Grade inflation has made a joke of most college degrees.

I work for a defense contractor now.

My knowledge of history? You have me confused with someone else.

Grade inflation? My professors in college and graduate school would laugh in your face. You would not know a diploma mill from one that is not because you apparently never attended college.

Forum List

Back