50,000 new supporters

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
The Obama campaign is trying to get 50,000 new donors by Friday midnight.

A Peak Under The Obama Campaign’s Hood - Horserace

The link has a video outlining why they want 50,000 new donors. If you've thought about donating but haven't yet, here's your chance. They have matching funds right now (I believe they match from past donors who are willing to match new donors.).

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/content/splashsignupcky/

If you'd like to donate to McCain's campaign the address is:

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

(the donate button is on the top left.)

I don't know what I think about this. 39,000,000 to campaign aggressively in Florida? Really?? That seems so over the top! I think that it shouldn't cost this much to campaign, on the otehr hand this is a capitalistic society. I just am sort of scratching my head.

I do like goals though. I wonder if they'll announce how close they got to the 50000 mark.

Obama's campaign is entirely grassroots.....1.5 million contributors.

McCain took public money because he knew the Republican lobbyists would kick in the rest.

This campaign really is the people vs Republican special interests.

McCain took public money because he knew the Republican lobbyists would kick in the rest.

oh horseshit----Barbara Streisand is grassroots ? :lol:

Here we go again, tell us all what a great guy Obama is because he lied and opted out of an agreement with the McCain campaign to accept public financing. It's all about change and those middle class people like Babs then I suppose. I'd be happy to post Obama's comments once more on his thoughts about Public financing for you Obama supporters , but hey he changed his mind , its "change" so thats okay.

Here we go again, tell us all what a great guy Obama is because he lied and opted out of an agreement with the McCain campaign to accept public financing. It's all about change and those middle class people like Babs then I suppose. I'd be happy to post Obama's comments once more on his thoughts about Public financing for you Obama supporters , but hey he changed his mind , its "change" so thats okay.

Alright Navy, he changed his mind about taking taxpayer dollars, he is horrible and cannot be trusted now. This gets no play because everyone knows that the Republicans are heavily funded through other means but you insist this is a reason someone should not trust him. Its a petty issue and thats why it gets no play.

Him flipping on campaign funding was a turnoff for me. In fact I mentioned it earlier today to Willowtree.

I admit to being curious to see if they can get 50,000 new donors.

The video that is at the link is engrossing, too. I wish I knew how to insert it as a you tube, what are the tags?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAiGbNp8oI]YouTube - David Plouffe's Strategy Update - September 17, 2008[/ame]

The power is in the hands of the people, and Obama has harnessed the power of the people through the Internet.

If only more people were aware that Republicans are the tools of corporate lobbyists, America would be a better place.

Alright Navy, he changed his mind about taking taxpayer dollars, he is horrible and cannot be trusted now. This gets no play because everyone knows that the Republicans are heavily funded through other means but you insist this is a reason someone should not trust him. Its a petty issue and thats why it gets no play.

f I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." --Barack Obama,

In February 2007, Barack Obama challenged Republican presidential candidates to agree to public financing of the general election. John McCain responded positively, prompting Obama's campaign spokesman, Bill Burton, to call on other Republican candidates to follow suit. The headline in the New York Times: "McCain and Obama in Deal on Public Financing."

I have been a long-time advocate for public financing of campaigns combined with free television and radio time as a way to reduce the influence of moneyed special interests.... My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election....If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.
Barack Obama

Hey don't blame me jschuck its just another example of *change* as far as i'm concerned. Thats my new mantra, everytime Obama changes his mind it has to be that *change* thing he has been talking about.

I wouldn't lick McCain's tush too much, Navy. He might be taking public financing, but he's getting around it buy allowing the RNC to pay for his ads. So all that money that would have gone to him is instead going to the RNC and being spent on McCain.

Straight talker, my ass.

I wouldn't lick McCain's tush too much, Navy. He might be taking public financing, but he's getting around it buy allowing the RNC to pay for his ads. So all that money that would have gone to him is instead going to the RNC and being spent on McCain.

Straight talker, my ass.

Neither one of these assholes impresses me by the way they are financing their way to the top. Once they get there all bets are off.

The power is in the hands of the people, and Obama has harnessed the power of the people through the Internet.

If only more people were aware that Republicans are the tools of corporate lobbyists, America would be a better place.

The only tool around here is you, kiddo.

oh horseshit----Barbara Streisand is grassroots ? :lol:

Barbara Streisand is loyal democrat, she would've supported whoever the nominee is... that fundraiser just took place a few days ago...so I guess now all those donations by individuals can be cancelled out :cuckoo:

It's kind of funny how McCain's own fundraiser over the weekend is ignored.. I know it only raised half of what Obama raised but he had celebrities there too...

I don't get why the cons take SUCH offense to Obama supporters believing in him. Does it really scare you all THAT much? it must the way you go on and on about it.

Barbara Streisand is loyal democrat, she would've supported whoever the nominee is... that fundraiser just took place a few days ago...so I guess now all those donations by individuals can be cancelled out :cuckoo:

It's kind of funny how McCain's own fundraiser over the weekend is ignored.. I know it only raised half of what Obama raised but he had celebrities there too...

I don't get why the cons take SUCH offense to Obama supporters believing in him. Does it really scare you all THAT much? it must the way you go on and on about it.

How many times do I have to make my stance clear---I think all politicans are rotten. Politics is self is rotten. The way they fund their campaigns doesn't scare me in the least. I know full well they are being bought off and sucked up to like they are movie stars. I wouldnt' cross the street to say "hello" to any of them.
I don't understand how anyone can think they are somehow above all of it.
Grassroots --indeed.

I am so glad that I am not alone in seeing this...

-Joe

And McCain used his government campaign funds as collateral for a loan to run his campaign... then decided he didn't like Obama raising more money than him....

your point?

Straight talker, my ass.

Well I won't Ravi I swear as soon as some of the democrats wipe the crap that Obama is shoveling to them from their eye's. Although , its all about change so, as I said a few posts back now I get it, no matter what he say's, or lie about its change. So I can see why someone like Obama holds so much appeal because he is never wrong . On the money thing, yep I know that too, I pretty sure the RNC is going to spend a few dollars on this thing.

Well, they made 50,000 and are shooting now for 100,000.

It is certainly one for the history books, the way this campaign is run through internet networking and small donations.

50,000 donors at 25 dollars a pop only amounts to about 1.2 million, since monday, so this isn't where most of the cash is coming from for the campaign - I think the main thing is to get more people on the email to go back to for second and third donations.

Well, they made 50,000 and are shooting now for 100,000.

It is certainly one for the history books, the way this campaign is run through internet networking and small donations.

50,000 donors at 25 dollars a pop only amounts to about 1.2 million, since monday, so this isn't where most of the cash is coming from for the campaign - I think the main thing is to get more people on the email to go back to for second and third donations.

It's the "little people" who are going to get Obama elected. I stated this elsewhere, don't count out our youth. More people under 30 have registered to vote then ever-I like those odds.

It's the "little people" who are going to get Obama elected. I stated this elsewhere, don't count out our youth. More people under 30 have registered to vote then ever-I like those odds.

In the time since I posted two posts up, they have updated their thremometer to 63,000 (from ~50000) - https://donate.barackobama.com/page...bama.com/page/contribute_c/50ksep_slp/graphic - I guess these things really grow exponentially, i wonder if they'll bump the goal even higher tomorrow....

I got a fascination with the whole thing, it's the number nerd in me....same reason I check the polls obsessively, really must seek professional help.....

Last edited:
In the time since I posted two posts up, they have updated their thremometer to 63,000 (from ~50000) - https://donate.barackobama.com/page...bama.com/page/contribute_c/50ksep_slp/graphic - I guess these things really grow exponentially, i wonder if they'll bump the goal even higher tomorrow....

I got a fascination with the whole thing, it's the number nerd in me....same reason I check the polls obsessively, really must seek professional help.....

Will you go into withdrawl after the elections?

Is there a "poll methodone" for people like you? ;)

Forum List

Back