50,000 Iraqi insurgents killed, arrested

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
WASHINGTON, July 26 (UPI) -- A retired U.S. Army general claims U.S. and Iraqi forces have killed or arrested more than 50,000 Iraqi insurgents in the past seven months.

Gen. Jack Keane, a former deputy chief of staff for the Army, told a lunch gathering sponsored by the Washington Institute for Near East Policy: "In the past six to seven months, we have killed or captured 50,000 insurgents."

Keane has traveled to Iraq twice in uniform and twice as a civilian to assess progress for the U.S. military.

However, the Pentagon was unable to say where Keane got his figures, the Washington Times reported Tuesday.

"I would highly doubt that anyone has a good handle on the numbers," said Pentagon spokesman Lawrence DiRita. "I'm not aware of what General Keane has been told, but I know of no number that has been provided to the secretary, briefed by the commanders, or is being tracked by anyone."

The Pentagon has been quoted as saying 15,000 to 16,000 Iraqis were in custody in Iraq.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?fe...50726-08330300-bc-iraq-insurgents-arrests.xml

That's a what? 5:1 ratio? 10:1 ratio? If you don't count the civilians and only calculate "battlefield efficiency," it's about 50:1, and if you don't count accidents and collateral damage, it's even better. Now why doesn't the AP report this? Oh yeah, but they hate Bush so much that making him look bad has become their only ethical standard.

So why is it that we like to brag about how many enemy that we have killed, but dislike when anyone refers to the amount of our troops that that been killed?
And 50,000 "insurgents" killed pales in comparison to the 170,000 civilian causualties that have been reported.

50,000! hah, perhaps this is why their are 65 attacks on US and iraqi forces each day for the past 3 years, if this is true then their are at least another 500,000 insurgenst.

New Topics

Forum List

Back