5 Vacations Since June? Yikes!...

I still get a kick out of how Obama supporters are constantly comparing Obama to Bush.

Uh...did you forget....according to most of you, Bush was the worst President we ever had.

Me? I prefer to say:

"mine is as good as the best"

Maybe you should wonder why you are pleased to say:

"mine" is not as bad as "the worst"

Because we (the intelligent left) don't deify Obama. He's not "ours" anymore than Bush was "yours".

Nice try but you know dam well what I was saying....so I will make it a bit clearer...

If Obama is such a great President, why do you feel the need to defend him by comparing him to the "worst" president?

Well 3 days in Crawford would certainly feel like 3 weeks in most other places to me.
Ever ask yourself why Barry XIV doesn't vacation at his own home, in Chicago?

Chicago like most big cities sucks big time.

I never could understand like going to NYC on a vacation.
I spent enough time there on business trips and always was glad to "escape from New York".

Well 3 days in Crawford would certainly feel like 3 weeks in most other places to me.

Vacation in Chicago? Uh yea you'd probably be safer vacationing in Kabul or Baghdad. The Dems have turned that once great city into one of the most dangerous Third World H*ll-Holes in the world. It's actually pretty sad.

Chicago like most big cities sucks big time.

I never could understand like going to NYC on a vacation.
I spent enough time there on business trips and always was glad to "escape from New York".
Ahhh...So being president is just a convenient excuse to bug out of town and stretch them legs for awhile.

Gotcha.

is it 5 WEEKS of vacation or 5 weekend like trips.... like to the Bush compound in kennebunkport for a few days?

president bush took 5 straight weeks off, the entire month of August he was away from the white house, plus mini vacations to his father's vacation home in maine and also mini vacations back home to midland, each year in office....

we were assured by republicans and conservatives at the time, that The President, is never on vacation, even when on a relaxation trip for a month in Midland....

Are you saying now that this is not true?

How can a person look themselves in the mirror complaining of one, and not complaining about the other, more uh.....lengthy.

Me, I prefer to complain about neither.

Note, though: If I was in a position to become Pres. and had children, I'd do myself, my family and my country a favor and not run.

Vacation in Chicago? Uh yea you'd probably be safer vacationing in Kabul or Baghdad. The Dems have turned that once great city into one of the most dangerous Third World H*ll-Holes in the world. It's actually pretty sad.
There are lots and lots of high falutin' places around Chicago, in the 'burbs.

Hell, I can't stand Minneapolis, where I grew up, yet still manage to stop by and visit friends and family as part of my off time.

Do you ever think about your posts before you type them?

Or do you just shake your magic Anti-Obama 8-ball, and type whatever it says?

If I hurt your feelings with this post, too bad. Deal with it. The President of the US is an important job that should have an office holder willing to work harder than this. You want to excuse him at every turn? It is your choice.

If I hurt your feelings by calling you out, too bad. Deal with it. The President of the US is always on call, whether he's away for the weekend, of the entire month of August. When the President is on "vacation", they're still getting briefings, signing items, and all around doing their jobs (just not from the White House). You want to attack him for everything just because you hate him, go ahead. It's your choice.

On call? Like when you need to fire a racist black bureaucrat? Stop an oil spill? Create a job? Seriuosly ANY job Mr. President.

It was just announced that this President will be embarking on yet another vacation. This pushes his number of vacations up to five since June. Do you think this large number of vacations is appropriate considering how many Americans are currently suffering? I would like to hear what you all think about this. For those who don't like this question being asked,just pretend it's BOOOOOOOOSH. Thanks.

Is Marie back from Spain?

is it 5 WEEKS of vacation or 5 weekend like trips.... like to the Bush compound in kennebunkport for a few days?

president bush took 5 straight weeks off, the entire month of August he was away from the white house, plus mini vacations to his father's vacation home in maine and also mini vacations back home to midland, each year in office....

we were assured by republicans and conservatives at the time, that The President, is never on vacation, even when on a relaxation trip for a month in Midland....

How can a person look themselves in the mirror complaining of one, and not complaining about the other, more uh.....lengthy.

Note, though: If I was in a position to become Pres. and had children, I'd do myself, my family and my country a favor and not run.

yep which brings up a pondering of mine.

Has the government changed so much as to shape or preselect the candidates so we always get pretty much the same type of person?
At least as far as their political actions and inactions?

listen, the last thing the man thinks about when he goes to bed at night, and the first thing he think about when he wakes up in the morning is: the soldiers.

i mean creating jobs.

i mean the oil spill.

he needs a vacation. appearances on the View take a lot out of a democratic president.

He works so freaking hard at not working.

I still get a kick out of how Obama supporters are constantly comparing Obama to Bush.

Uh...did you forget....according to most of you, Bush was the worst President we ever had.

Me? I prefer to say:

"mine is as good as the best"

Maybe you should wonder why you are pleased to say:

"mine" is not as bad as "the worst"

Because we (the intelligent left) don't deify Obama. He's not "ours" anymore than Bush was "yours".

Nice try but you know dam well what I was saying....so I will make it a bit clearer...

If Obama is such a great President, why do you feel the need to defend him by comparing him to the "worst" president?

Because no one in their right mind thinks Obama is a great President.

We just think he's better than the other choices.

yep which brings up a pondering of mine.

Has the government changed so much as to shape or preselect the candidates so we always get pretty much the same type of person?
At least as far as their political actions and inactions?
In my theory, there's a wizard behind the curtain controlling everything, and people arguing over frivolous bullshit just serve as drones with no lives.....gnats on the wall, tbh.

If I hurt your feelings with this post, too bad. Deal with it. The President of the US is an important job that should have an office holder willing to work harder than this. You want to excuse him at every turn? It is your choice.

If I hurt your feelings by calling you out, too bad. Deal with it. The President of the US is always on call, whether he's away for the weekend, of the entire month of August. When the President is on "vacation", they're still getting briefings, signing items, and all around doing their jobs (just not from the White House). You want to attack him for everything just because you hate him, go ahead. It's your choice.

On call? Like when you need to fire a racist black bureaucrat? Stop an oil spill? Create a job? Seriuosly ANY job Mr. President.

What the fuck are you ranting about?

Do you ever think about your posts before you type them?

Or do you just shake your magic Anti-Obama 8-ball, and type whatever it says?

Imitation is a great form a flattery. Thanks. Ever been on a working vacation? It usually lowers the quality of your work and doesn't allow you to relax. It is a four year job. Show up to work and relax the rest of your life. Cause your stupid, I'll mention for the umteenth time, I don't hate Mr. Obama. I find his policies and politics terrible and harmful.

But since every lib throws it out, all the time, let's look at it IF I did hate him. How would that invalidate any fact or accurate reference I brought up? How would that make any difference in a debate? How would that change the results of Obama's spending habits?

Imitation is a great form a flattery. Thanks. Ever been on a working vacation? It usually lowers the quality of your work and doesn't allow you to relax. It is a four year job. Show up to work and relax the rest of your life. Cause your stupid, I'll mention for the umteenth time, I don't hate Mr. Obama. I find his policies and politics terrible and harmful.

But since every lib throws it out, all the time, let's look at it IF I did hate him. How would that invalidate any fact or accurate reference I brought up? How would that make any difference in a debate? How would that change the results of Obama's spending habits?

Obama has taken no more vacations than any other President. That is what invalidates your argument.

What is he on call for moron? Most actual policy implementation is doen by buearucrats. Most crisis situations are going to have the President trot out and clam the public. When did that happen while he was on vacation? On call. Give me a break. He's ON BREAK.

What is he on call for moron? Most actual policy implementation is doen by buearucrats. Most crisis situations are going to have the President trot out and clam the public. When did that happen while he was on vacation? On call. Give me a break. He's ON BREAK.

You seem to have no grasp of the President's job. That's ok, you're not the President.

But when you work 14 hour days, 7 days a week for 4 years, I'm not going to begrudge a vacation - especially a vacation in which you're still on call 24/7 if you're needed.

Obama has taken no more vacations than any other President. That is what invalidates your argument.

Link(s)?

Doc,

Don't be upset. Ranting threads like these are a useful tool. When someone has the gumption to complain about someone doing something, that every other person in that position has done equally, some more some less, and they put their fingers in their ears when that's pointed out to them.............

It weeds out who'm you could and could not have relevant, mature discussions with in the future. It's pointless trying to talk to people so clouded/one sided. You won't change their minds, they won't change yours.

I had a great convo. yesterday with someone as Conservative as they come, because we were both able to remain cordial and receptive of each others' reasoning.

Whereas other.............the ones who are pointless to talk to.....deflect, dodge, etc. etc. Like the ones saying that pointing to other Presidents, and THEIR vacations, isn't somehow relevant to this conversation when it's 1,000% relative.

LibocalypseNow,

any answers to my questions about what vacations he has taken and for how long each one was....?

Why avoid answering? You obviously know the answer since you got so worked up about it being 5 (FIVE) vacations... yes rightwinger haphazardly answered but I didn't get an answer from you about all 5 vacations....are you avoiding answering for a REASON? Or do you actually not even know and are taking your talking points from some radio host or blogger?

Care

Like i said,pretend it's da BOOOOOOOOOOSH. Now try and give an honest answer. Thanks.

then answer my question....has obama taken 5 MINI, Weekend vacations or has he taken 5 full weeks of vacation, each trip a week long or longer?

since you seem to know all about his 5 vacations, and are so 'concerned', can you please tell the rest of us, what these 5 vacations were and how many days each one of these 5 vacations took?

once answered, i can give an opinion.

Forum List

Back